Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 
    Thank you Laura73
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

2. #22 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura73 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    First of all...no, I am not 'affiliated' with any agency at all, I'm just a long term traveller (11 years on the road and counting) who appreciates receiving info/tips along the way, so I simply pay it forward. That's all. I was not the one who originally posted the China crossing info on this page, but was alerted to it by a fellow traveller and wished to set the record straight. If anyone finds the info useful...GREAT!!...if not, let it die in your forum thread bin.
    I could start rebutting claims or stating (for the 1,000th time) that the Chinese government is the one who sets payment for permits yadda yadda yadda...6000 euros is a lot of money for three bikes but STILL cheaper than it used to be blah blah blah
    But I'm done here.
    You have the info, do with it what you will.
    i wish you all very safe and happy travels, as always.
    Exactly, agree 100%.

I'm the one that copied all of your posts/info Laura as I thought it was both highly relevant, useful info and tips for motorcycling and China - which is what this forum is meant to be a resource for, to my mind. However some here find it their primary mission and entitlement in life to challenge every little iota of information, to dispute ad-nauseam, belittle others and generally dissect and find anything contentious in others posts with snide condescending remarks. Concerningly such attitudes are more prevalent on this forum than most other 'motorcycling' forums I participate on - for whatever reason.

It's bad enough that motorcyclists are already marginalised and discriminated against here, that one would think there'd be a certain level of tolerance and sense of brotherhood or sisterhood. Nope, some it would seem, feel it their primary duty to persecute and marginalise others.

As is often said, "if you have nothing nice to say, then, don't say it".

Laura, I've been following along on all the other forums/bl0gs etc., including HUBB about your travels, and find the prevalent attitude far more sociable and understanding than the prevailing attitude here.

Enjoy your travels Laura, as I'm sure you are... - shiny side up and all that genuine motorcycling 'stuff'...

- Bikerdoc.

Last edited by bikerdoc; 03-24-2015 at 04:13 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #23 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Exactly, agree 100%.

I'm the one that copied all of your posts/info Laura as I thought it was both highly relevant and useful info and tips for motorcycling and China - which is what this forum is meant to be a resource for, to my mind. However some here find it their primary mission and entitlement in life to challenge every little iota of information, to dispute ad-nauseam, belittle others and generally dissect and find anything contentious in others posts with snide condescending remarks. Concerningly such attitudes are more prevalent on this forum than most other 'motorcycling' forums I participate on - for whatever reason.

It's bad enough that motorcyclists are already marginalised and discriminated against here, that one would think there'd be a certain level of tolerance and sense of brotherhood or sisterhood. Nope, some it would seem, feel it their primary duty to persecute and marginalise others.

As is often said, "if you have nothing nice to say, then, don't say it".

Laura, I've been following along on all the other forums/bl0gs etc., including HUBB about your travels, and find the prevalent attitude far more sociable and understanding than the prevailing attitude here.

Enjoy your travels Laura, as I'm sure you are... - shiny side up and all that genuine motorcycling 'stuff'...

- Bikerdoc.

Well done Doc it's about time someone posted about there concens regarding MCM ? I for one WILL NOT post RR about my riding around China in the last year and I do a lot more then most ride in 10 years with some great information about area,roads , Trouist attractions to be pulled down by other so called members on MCM ? So PAL stop sounding like a stuck recoded bring played and get a life !
    Laura73 great information for people who are considering riding in China
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #24 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 
    Does anyone know how I should break in my engine or what is the best oil to use?

Thanks

5. #25 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Does anyone know how I should break in my engine or what is the best oil to use?

Thanks
    Yeah, drain the original oil if it's a Chinese bike ASAP, and hot change to a high quality mineral until 200kms, then change again at 500kms then at 1000kms. When bike is fully broken in you can switch to fully synthetic.

6. #26 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 

Thanks
    Would this be for a Chinese made bike !! And what is the best oil for you engine in China !

1.no need to break it in the engine will break given time so your time would be wasted which such formalities !

2 . Engine oil ! with Chinese engine tolerances I would suggest you just use cooking oil anything else would be just a wast !

I hope my answers helps you with your question !
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #27 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 

Thanks
    Don't feed the monkeys..........
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

8. #28 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks
    Flat Tires - To Plug or Not to Plug?

Ride Safe! PAL

9. #29 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 
    Ok here is another one http://www.asianbiketour.com/everest-base-camp/ I have no commercial interest in this business or it's people and I would personally be vary wary of anyone or company that says they can organize individual motorized travel through China especially the Big T and Big X.Price isn't bad if you have a group of 10 people.

I am abit suss when they say" This ride is not a guided tour. It is aimed at pre-formed groups and wealthy individual riders who wish to ride from Thailand to the Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)."

"What Asian Motorcycle Adventures is doing is arranging for and paying on your behalf all the dozens of permissions, documentations, and fees required to ride a motorcycle from Thailand, through Laos, into China and Tibet, ending up in Kathmandu, Nepal."

Then say "While in China and Tibet everyone must ride together and stay together as a group.

An English-speaking guide experienced with running motorcycle tours will accompany you the entire way. The $11,000 group tour cost covers the guide’s FFL (food, fuel, and lodging)."

10. #30 Re: How to Ride/Drive Ones Foriegned Owned Motorcycle/Vehicle through China 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post

An English-speaking guide experienced with running motorcycle tours will accompany you the entire way. The $11,000 group tour cost covers the guide’s FFL (food, fuel, and lodging)."
    That's 68,208 yuan! I could buy a bike and ride it around China for a year for that amount of money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast