Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
  1. #161 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by tombaxers View Post
    Interesting. So you spoke to the factory about this and they actually gave some feedback?

The last trip I went on I was carrying a spare set, but the thought of changing one out at altitude on an incline without the correct tools was not something I relished. I'd be interested to know if it is actually an operation you could pull off without the correct kit. I assume you need a bespoke tool/ tools. In fact the manual claims you need two or even three. If anyone has any experience changing one of these clutches out without these tools I'd be very keen to hear about it!

Also, looking at the manual it seems that if you do go ahead and change the clutch then you also need to replace a bunch of other small components (seals, gaskets, lock washers etc...)in the process. Might be something worth looking into before a big trip out of China!

Attachment 17327
    Call Zhao LiMing 13983005509, he knows the parts you will need.

Exchange is no big deal, any motorcycle workshop can do.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    @Tombaxers you mentioned "can take two up & a ton of camping gear." Is it possible to have two adults ride the bike so a younger member of the family can ride the side car? I'm guessing this should be possible but figured I'd ask for confirmation. (Other's feedback also welcome)

3. #163 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Quote Originally Posted by gt7599a View Post
    Is it possible to have two adults ride the bike so a younger member of the family can ride the side car? I'm guessing this should be possible but figured I'd ask for confirmation.
    Yeah, absolutely no problem. The pillion seat is decent and comfortable apparently, although maybe a little low. When I've had people on the bad there was a bit of helmet clash on occasion and that is I think it's on the low side so the pillions line of sight out front unless very tall is not gonna be the best.

Depending on how young/ light the member of your family is then you might wanna add some ballast in the bootbox to ensure there's no lift. Also you'd probably want to get a windscreen fitted as without it the sidecar feels very open and like riding a low-to-the-ground gocart where your not in control - maybe not everyone's cuppa tea!

Hope this helps.
    Shanghai
    2012 Jialing JH600B-A (Shanghai) 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 XC (UK)
    2003 Hyosung Aquila 125 (UK) 200? Yamaha YBR 125 (Yangshuo)
    2010 Triumph Bonneville A2 (sold)

4. #164 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    C-Moto Noob
    Not sure if this link was posted already, however, the JH600 series sales guide (22MB):

http://www.motorwerk.nl/bigstuff/JH600-Sales-Guide.pdf

Enjoy :)

5. #165 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    No JH600B owners around anymore?
    Guess it will never make it to the USA?

My Ural.
    Attached Images
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #166 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    No JH600B owners around anymore?
    Guess it will never make it to the USA?
    Owners are still around, just not on the forum anymore as the one well known annoying troll wrecks the entire forum but the mods not getting over and done with it.
    Imported five sidecars and a few spares last month into Thailand via a very helpful China contact.

APrider

7. #167 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Regardless of who is the troll and who is the bitch . How the fuck do sidecars get away with being road going vehicles and not having seatbelts. If a JH 600 chair or any other sidecar hits a solid object at 65km/hr . Everything and everyone continues forward at the same speed. Inertia is a bitch not a troll.

8. #168 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    You can install a seat belt for the monkey as I did on both my Urals. There are pros and cons about using the seat belt in the side car.
    My wife the monkey likes it so I installed it. No big deal.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #169 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    C-Moto Guru
    I have a question about the JH600. Is it possible to fit a sidecar to the bike later? Can you buy the sidecar separately. Thinking on getting the JH600.. and after using it some time could convert to a sidecar in future. How possible is this?
    (I'm in Shanghai) have a C1D license so...

10. #170 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalmonkey View Post
    I have a question about the JH600. Is it possible to fit a sidecar to the bike later? Can you buy the sidecar separately. Thinking on getting the JH600.. and after using it some time could convert to a sidecar in future. How possible is this?
    (I'm in Shanghai) have a C1D license so...
    It's possible to fit a sidecar (outfit) to the JH600 however it wouldn't be the same as the factory released version which has a reverse gear (different gearbox), and all the sidecar (chair) mounting brackets etc tied into the frame for example, whereas the standard two wheeler JH600 doesn't have these features nor a number of others. Just to clarify that previous statement, Jialing don't sell the chair separately, so you'd have to find a chair to fit. Also, the two models differ in a number of ways, that would make it a bit of challenge to fit a chair to the JH600 two wheeler so that it ended up being the same as the outfit released by Jialing factory.

Now having said that, it's pretty near on impossible to get the bike officially re-registered as a side car after the fact. Essentially mods in PRC are frowned upon. The vehicle has to conform to the documentation/certification supplied by the manufacturer.

It wasn't that long ago that one had to acquire pre-approval to change the paint colour on a vehicle, though some jurisdictions now allow one to paint first and apply for the change afterwards.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 03-25-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast