Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Posting YouTube videos... 
    To post YouTube videos in a thread, all you have to do is "wrap" you video number in [youtube] "tags"

1) Find the YouTube video identifier on the URL of your video. It usually looks something like: 3LVyaFOIhn8

2) In the editor, hit the "Wrap [youtube] tags around selected text" button and the tags will appear.

3) Insert the video identifier between the tags and Click "Preview Post" to make sure it works and that's it!

Happy posting!

CrazyCarl

Yo-Jimbo! That's some neat video work there. Looks like you had fun with additive dissolves! What software did you use?

CC

Ulead Video Studio 11, it is pretty easy to use, and relatively cheap to buy... I originally used a way older version in high school years ago, and it was so easy which is why I have it now. I've seen some good stuff made with it on youtube, I don't really have any video to work with though.

Any thoughts on a "motography" section to the forum? Or is that just sort of blended in with the expectation of photos with posts? edit(now this question is irrelevant ;))
    Last edited by Jim; 04-27-2008 at 05:02 AM. Reason: questions

While were on the subject, what software did you use when you were producing your DVD, and how did you do the menus?

Adobe Premiere series was used from start to finish. If you're looking into some slightly more capable and mid-level professional software for not too much I suggest using Premiere Elements. Has lots of cool authoring (menu-making) templates which are extremely customizable.

If you're interested in DVD authoring or video production, it's essential to have good working knowledge of Photoshop as these two integrate seamlessly and are used for all kinds of effects (titles, transitions, etc.).

Also, learning how to use key-frames is extremely important as well as proper sound editing. All of this really takes some time and bunches of practice. More professional software can make certain aspects easier but will also give you more options than you'll know what to do with...just like photoshop.

If you haven't already, check out the ChongQing moto expo video. It's got voice over, live track, looped music, simple title effects and basic sound design principles in it. Same software for that but of course no need for authoring.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Sounds good Carl :) I haven't used premiere, though I am familiar with many adobe products, I just use ulead for the price difference, same reason why I have paint shop pro as apposed to photoshop. Although, I am certain premiere is more capable then ulead, ulead is decent for simple stuff like I used it for :)

I did check out the video, not much on the Lifan side of things, guess they had a boring line up?

I didn't see much of anything too exciting from their company or I would have surely posted it. I was smelling around for 250's but non could be found.

I just posted a few video production tips in the Camera corner, worth a quick browse if you're interested.

Paz,
    CC

All you need is the video identifier like:3LVyaFOIhn8

Between the "youtube" tags. Nothing else.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    I didn't see much of anything too exciting from their company or I would have surely posted it. I was smelling around for 250's but non could be found.

I just posted a few video production tips in the Camera corner, worth a quick browse if you're interested.

Paz,
    CC
    Thanks :), About Lifan, they should be coming out in Canada soon with a LF250-GY7 water cooled bike, also the bike I posted in the dual sport section, the 250GY6, it isn't water cooled though, I forget it's actual displacement.

10. #10 Hi guy`s !! I am new..... 
    and I try to find out how to work with this site.
    for a beginner it is not so easy, so, questions:

1. where is the button for posting without answering to a post.
    2. the description for posting a Youtube Video is also not very clear. (in this moment I didn`t get it!)

here is my Youtube Url:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo-RAG6cLwc
    3. where is the editor? button

to make a Photo Album was easy. I believe the rest is also very easy, but this moment I am helpless.
    with greetings from Beijing
    Sabine Hartmann

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast