Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Carl,

Do you mean this?

The only reference I can find to it is the police version on Jialing's USA website, not the Chinese site. Nothing anywhere else, never seen one in the wild, is very similar to a nighthawk. Probably discontinued. Jialing had the first joint venture with Honda, so probably design is more directly from Honda than a copy as with other manufacturers.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

2. #42 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    That's the monster. There were a bunch of them for sale on the Chinese web communities (usually in a dark blue) but they're definitely not very common. I got a feeling Jialing was not "supposed" to produce them at all which is why they were never actively marketed.

Here's one from a Chinese expo. Note the added bracket at the rear rack to help strengthen it! Also I think it had a 14L tank so the range on my 150 version was amazing! With the right tires and slightly longer legs, these bikes are comfortable just about anywhere doing anything.

Nevertheless, with the cast wheels and front disk brake, they're even cooler than the Nighthawk 250 Honda has been selling in the US for so many years (with spoke wheels and front drum brake ). Hell... if Jialing sells them in the US for fire-sale prices, I might just pick one up!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #43 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    A bit of an update...

I have been thinking about whether or not to buy this bike. I want a bike, but I also want my money. I certainly have sufficient savings for any contingency, but more is better..right? 20,000 RMB is a lot of money to a Chinese person and my wife is Chinese. She is all for me getting the bike, but I know the expense concerns her a bit.

Anyway, I had just about given up on the idea and banished myself to the public transportation system when I got a text message the other day.

Seems that a guy here in Chengdu that has one of these is having to leave the country and it is a major hassle and expense to ship the bike to his new country of residence.

So...he made me an off I couldn't refuse. The bike, a new rear fender, a two person seat to go along with the stock chopped fender and solo seat, extra pipes, all the hardware and brackets to put the stock fender back on and and the 2-up seat, his tools and his help to get it registered, licensed, and insured all for much less that market value. The bike has a Mfg date of 10-2007, first registered in 5-2008 and has 3,000 KM on the clock. It comes with an alarm, disc locks and other assorted misc. items.

So...........................................

As of next Tuesday, I should be the proud owner of a 2007 Lifeng Regal Raptor 300cc Cruiser.

4. #44 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 

Did you go for a test ride? Also, who's selling it? I may know them.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #45 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Quote Originally Posted by LH1953 View Post
    ...She is all for me getting the bike, but I know the expense concerns her a bit...
    Peace of cake: buy one bike for her too.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #46 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yea Carl, I rode it around the grounds of the housing complex where he lives. Went through all the gears...Security Guards were looking at me funny,... HAHA

He has only been in Chengdu about a two years. Before that, Beijing for two years. His name is Gunar. German/American/expat..now moving to Indonesia.

Here is a pic as it looked today.
    Attached Images

7. #47 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Looks like a sweet ride if the price is right

Enjoy

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #48 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Even with the cold weather, I have managed to get two short rides in on the new bike. It's quite easy to handle, stops good at slower (30 KPH) speeds with either brake. Higher speeds require both brakes to stop within a normal distance. For my height/reach it is very comfortable. No handlebar "buzz" to speak of. The pipes the previous owner put on it do cause a bit of attention. Everywhere I rode; and that was just in my neighborhood, everyone stopped and stared.

Studying for my drivers license test, and sneaking out for a ride now and then. Waiting on the weather to warm up so I can get out and ride for some distance. Really wanting to be able to ride to Xinjin and back for my work twice a week...being in Xinjin for two days a week will give me time to "enjoy" riding without so much traffic...

9. #49 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Adicto A Las Motocicletas Caferacer's Avatar
    Hi LH1953 and Everybody.

What a wonderful review of the Raptors you have done!.

I've been looking all over the internet for the sort of details you have posted.

I've been riding all sort of bikes, being my last one a Shadow VLX 600 that I chopped my self (or should I say Bobbed :) with the help of a couple of friends, then I moved to SA and since them didn't ride a bike again.
    About three year down the line without bike I started to itch again for the 2 wheelers, fearing of the coming back and not wanting to go broke in the adventure I started to pay attention to Chinese bikes, that I have to say I used to think they lack of character or personality and not to mention the reliability factor and parts availability, and always thought was a better buy an old Jap than a new Chinese.
    NOW I do think things have changed and my research seems to be proving it.
    - Afordable Jap bikes will be chinese made anyway (yeap Quality control might be better)
    - Old Jap bike's parts will be toooo expensive, so reliablity-parts and value for money goes with it
    - The price of an OLD Jap here in SA is way overpriced (10 years Old Honda Steed 400 is going for about the same money as the "new Raptor 350")
    And believe me I have plenty experience with OLD Japs and I know something will go wrong anyway, It's a machine after all.
    - Some Chinese bikes DO LOOK GOOD these days (just look at the this new bobber! , it's mostly everything I did to my Old Shadow! )
    and so on, I could say many things most of the people in this forum have said already..

Now, about the Raptors thing, this detail of the raked tripples , thats what I was looking for...
    As the new Daytona can be found only new and I think is slightly Over priced , but as you have confirmed the previous Spidermodel is raked , and by observation it looks like is the same frame with a non raked trees, shorter front forks? and a different rear fender it could be very interesting to try to get a Spyder and Bobberize it!

LH1953, in your observation do you think It's the same frame ?

I'll love the idea of getting a spider and go the Bobber way, sounds like nice project and probably I wouldn't need to sell my wife for scientific experiments to afford it.

Cheers and Hi Everyone ! Very good forum !

10. #50 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I think the Spyder, Barhog, and Daytone share some of the same frame characteristics. However, the neck rack of the frame is not the same. The frame neck rake of the Spyder is 37 degrees, the raked triple trees add another 5 degrees. The Barhog frame neck rake is 36 degrees and the Daytona frame neck rake is 38 degrees.

Look closely at the pic in post #46. It is a Spyder. The previous owner chopped the rear fender so that is it completely follows the contour of the tire and then he put a side mount license plate/taillight and a solo seat on it. That's pretty Bobersized! I have since put the stock rear fender back on with a sissy bar for the wifey and the two-up seat, along with softside saddlebags.

These bikes are inexpensive and the parts are inexpensive. You can modify/experiment/customize without breaking the bank!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast