Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 150 of 634 FirstFirst ... 100130140148149150151152160170200300 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 6336
  1. #1491 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    NGK Iridium plugs work very well. Any HP gains on what is honestly a fairly mild 250cc would be negligible. That considered, maybe the $3 stock plug is the wiser choice. Mill the head... up the cc... bigger carb & exhaust, then yeah, an Iridium is dirt cheap compared to those other mods.

/M

2. #1492 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    honestly I did mine like this at 450 miles , I now have 1500 miles on it runs like a dream (had to readjust again about 1200)
    1/2 - make sure cold
    6 - make sure top dead center
    7 - I do this by hand I always have with every pushrod engine ive had tightn till you cant rock and get em to tick anymore , losen 1/8th a turn at a time till get em "ticking" slightly when rocking em vigorusly , tightn down check again to make sure can still make em slightly tick

ride for another thousand miles , or the valve ticking gets unusually loud (there loosening up)

hard getting up to temp , hmm is your plug tip dark ? sound like your a bit rich , tiny screw bottom carberator front side top of the float bowl , give it a 1/4 to 1/2 turn IN , keep adjusting till stop getting a performance boost and back it off 1/2-3/4 a turn as not to be to lean (maybe a full turn or a bit more if run at high rpm's alot)
    = to rich bike runs cold to lean it runs hot = to rich it lacks Horse power to lean has best horsepower = but to rich will only foul plugs to lean will damage the valves = have to find the mix between the 2

but be4 all that , did u ever pop the gascap right after it chugged to a stop to have it start right back up ? if so its vaporlock fixed with a hairtie
    Last edited by DanDaMan; 12-19-2011 at 06:26 AM.

3. #1493 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    honestly I did mine like this at 450 miles , I now have 1500 miles on it runs like a dream (had to readjust again about 1200)
    1/2 - make sure cold
    6 - make sure top dead center
    7 - I do this by hand I always have with every pushrod engine ive had tightn till you cant rock and get em to tick anymore , losen 1/8th a turn at a time till get em "ticking" slightly when rocking em vigorusly , tightn down check again to make sure can still make em slightly tick

ride for another thousand miles , or the valve ticking gets unusually loud (there loosening up)

hard getting up to temp , hmm is your plug tip dark ? sound like your a bit rich , tiny screw bottom carberator front side top of the float bowl , give it a 1/4 to 1/2 turn IN , keep adjusting till stop getting a performance boost and back it off 1/2-3/4 a turn as not to be to lean (maybe a full turn or a bit more if run at high rpm's alot)
    = to rich bike runs cold to lean it runs hot = to rich it lacks Horse power to lean has best horsepower = but to rich will only foul plugs to lean will damage the valves = have to find the mix between the 2

but be4 all that , did u ever pop the gascap right after it chugged to a stop to have it start right back up ? if so its vaporlock fixed with a hairtie
    so you measure the gao by feel? turn the carb screw clockwise right? so your saying the leaner the better the perfomance up until it causes a problem? And yes I have taken the gas cap off but still chugging, if it was a vaporlock issue though how would you fix it with a hairtie?
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

4. #1494 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    carb screw IN , really dont recall direction , just make sure in counting turns so can easily be put back as it was

yes the leaner the fuel air ratio the better performance the bike will get but itll run hotter , to lean is very very bad , thats why they set em rich WAY to rich causes no problems except fouling plugs

fuel cap has a baffle on it , put hairtie on it to keep it from seeling tightly to stop vaporlock , but thats not your problem

and yes instead of a gauge I just do it by "Feel" , tight/lossen untill when VIGORUSLY rocking the individual valves they barely tick

5. #1495 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    carb screw IN , really dont recall direction , just make sure in counting turns so can easily be put back as it was

yes the leaner the fuel air ratio the better performance the bike will get but itll run hotter , to lean is very very bad , thats why they set em rich WAY to rich causes no problems except fouling plugs

fuel cap has a baffle on it , put hairtie on it to keep it from seeling tightly to stop vaporlock , but thats not your problem

and yes instead of a gauge I just do it by "Feel" , tight/lossen untill when VIGORUSLY rocking the individual valves they barely tick
    will try this method and gauge method to see which one runs better
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

6. #1496 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mattbujor,
    When the engine dies take a small screw driver and open the float bowl drain screw and see if gas runs out.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

7. #1497 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    And so the fun begins...
    Attached Images

8. #1498 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    alleycat,
    Nice crate. looks better than the one I got with my DF.
    Lots of photos please.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #1499 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    mattbujor,
    When the engine dies take a small screw driver and open the float bowl drain screw and see if gas runs out.
    if gas runs out? and if it doesnt?
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

10. #1500 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    And so the fun begins...
    check everything on the bike for warranty/shipping damage claims, loctite everything and dont forget oil change, have fun :)
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46