Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. #61 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    TB Racing, I now have 16 days and counting before I head to Chongqing to go and collect mine so I am chuffed to bits that you are loving yours!

Battery charger/ optimiser is a great idea. I keep my Tiger back home in the UK permanently linked up to a similar sort of thing called an OptiMate Charger when the bike is not in use and the battery life is always perfect and the bike is on the button every time even after long stints sitting in a cold Scottish barn!

Any chance you can pm me your mobile number so I can give you a quick bell about the bike. I am planning on riding 1650kms straight from the factory up to Yinchuan and would like to be as knowledgeable about the bike as I can possibly hope to be before I head out from the Jialing factory gates.

Cheers
    Shanghai
    2012 Jialing JH600B-A (Shanghai) 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 XC (UK)
    2003 Hyosung Aquila 125 (UK) 200? Yamaha YBR 125 (Yangshuo)
    2010 Triumph Bonneville A2 (sold)

2. #62 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tombaxers View Post
    Any chance you can pm me your mobile number so I can give you a quick bell about the bike. I am planning on riding 1650kms straight from the factory up to Yinchuan and would like to be as knowledgeable about the bike as I can possibly hope to be before I head out from the Jialing factory gates.
    Mate, not much to say about the JH600B-A bike, give the nuts and bolts a going over, check tyre pressure and fluids (oil, coolant, etc.), check and lube the drive chain and get out cruising. Changed the oil / filter after 1000k's and will do so again around 2000k's to get all the metal bits and shaving out of the engine. Only add ons from my side so far: GPS RAM handlebar mount and a CTek battery smart charger.

Thought about a performance exhaust but like the exhaust note of the OEM system and enjoy listening to music while cruising wearing my Schuberth Helmet with SRC Bluestooth system. A performance exhaust might raise the power output a bit but lets not talk about weight savings on a heavy sidecar rig.

Carrying the usual tool kit as mention in another thread: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...quot-(Repairs)

Any questions, ask them here and other might benefit as well from the feedback or chime in with some solid input.

side-note: we should arrange a Jialing meeting later this year in Shanghai, after HOG and DOG we can call the group = JOG......

3. #63 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Thanks for this Butch. With regards giving the fasteners a going over, do you mean as far as removing them, threadlocking them and replacing or just checking they are actually tight enough in the first place. Does anyone know if Jialing actually use threadlock upon assembly? Being a PLA provider one would hope they do, but that could well be an assumption too far!?!

Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    Any questions, ask them here and other might benefit as well from the feedback or chime in with some solid input.
    Good idea. Right, here's a few to start:

1) I assume the Jialing Sidecar Tyres have Inners: Y/N If so, what size(s)?

2) I would like to change out the Chinese spark plugs for NGK ones as per Pfaelzer's Jialing mod thread. Can anyone confirm if the NGK Iridium CR8EIX's are still the right ones to go for as I think they should be?

3) Is there an English Jialing JH600A-B Manual? If so, can someone pm it to me or send me a link to a download that works. If you can send it to me I will upload it to my Google Drive and post the link on here for one and all.

4) Not hugely important, but are there any hand guards that fit EASILY onto the Jialing. These are more for windshear reduction than protection as I am certainly hoping not to put the rig on it's side anytime soon, but a few mountain passes in October as well as long motorway slogs could get rather cold and I have noticed the windsheer reduction on my Tiger's guards make a big difference in themselves. I saw Pfaelzer's got some, but had to machine some bits out to make them fit. If there are any plug and play ones that anyone knows of a link to a Taobao listing would be great as I don't have the time pre-trip to start spending hours getting something like this to fit.

5) Aside from a bag of oil filters, a few chain master links, spare plugs, tyre inners pending Qu.1, (and of course the mandatory tool kit) can anyone think of anything Jialing specific that I should not be without for what should be a +5000km trip.

For those who have been to the Jialing factory, do you reckon I can stock up on all these bits there at cost or should I be pre-planning a Taobao session before I head off?

Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    side-note: we should arrange a Jialing meeting later this year in Shanghai, after HOG and DOG we can call the group = JOG......
    Sounds like a good option!
    Shanghai

4. #64 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    3) Is there an English Jialing JH600A-B Manual? If so, can someone pm it to me or send me a link to a download that works. If you can send it to me I will upload it to my Google Drive and post the link on here for one and all.
    There is an incomplete manual in English that we sourced through Europe, and exploded parts diagrams in Chinese and English in .xls format. I can forward these to you if you PM me your email address.

4) Not hugely important, but are there any hand guards that fit EASILY onto the Jialing. These are more for windshear reduction than protection as I am certainly hoping not to put the rig on it's side anytime soon, but a few mountain passes in October as well as long motorway slogs could get rather cold and I have noticed the windsheer reduction on my Tiger's guards make a big difference in themselves. I saw Pfaelzer's got some, but had to machine some bits out to make them fit. If there are any plug and play ones that anyone knows of a link to a Taobao listing would be great as I don't have the time pre-trip to start spending hours getting something like this to fit.
    Do an advanced search for my thread called Hand Job.

For those who have been to the Jialing factory, do you reckon I can stock up on all these bits there at cost or should I be pre-planning a Taobao session before I head off?
    Last I was at the factory, I purchased oil filters, extra cables and levers, extra inner tubes, etc. But that was before the entire JH600 team was purged last year. You should consider connecting with a guy called Tang Wei Tang 唐炜, a sales engineer who was among the purged, who now has a very nice JH600 parts store on Taobao. He's there in Chongqing, and I'd guess he's within a couple hundred meters of the factory complex, or maybe even inside. I can PM you his mobile if you like.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #65 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Euphonius, thanks for this!! I've just pm'd you as well
    Shanghai

6. #66 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Euphonius -

also just PM'd you for that contact and Eng Manual - thanks.
    Sam --
    The older I get, the faster I was....
    2006 CJ750 Sidecar / 2012 Ducati MTSPP / 2013 SRX5

7. #67 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    My JH600B-A dashboard went dead and completely stopped operating, Shanghai JL service centre (Xiao Fan) replaced the dashboard and a small relay near the battery without any problems within 15 min. the other day. Have around 3200k's on the bike, love it.....

8. #68 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    TB-Racing thanks for the heads up about this!

I am in Lanzhou and am just giving the bike over to Deppon this afternoon to ship it back to Shanghai. Had an absolutely EPIC trip and we hit 5000kms on the tacho on the way here last night. Full ride report report to follow in due course. In general the bike behaved pretty well considering in the course of the 12 day trip it got an absolute thrashing with 2 of the hardest days off-roading I have ever done all >4000 meters. Some damage to report and a clutch that VERY nearly gave way in a seriously unfunny location, but full details to follow in the RR.
    Shanghai

9. #69 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    TB-Racing thanks for the heads up about this!

I am in Lanzhou and am just giving the bike over to Deppon this afternoon to ship it back to Shanghai. Had an absolutely EPIC trip and we hit 5000kms on the tacho on the way here last night. Full ride report report to follow in due course. In general the bike behaved pretty well considering in the course of the 12 day trip it got an absolute thrashing with 2 of the hardest days off-roading I have ever done all >4000 meters. Some damage to report and a clutch that VERY nearly gave way in a seriously unfunny location, but full details to follow in the RR.
    Last edited by euphonius; 10-10-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #70 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    trip and we hit 5000kms on the tacho on the way here last night.
    Did you get the rego sorted or rode without rego / plates?

Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    boring, freshly baked donuts and a cold beer tastes much better.....
    Attached Images

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast