Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: 650Tr clunk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    Bearings usually have numbers on them that you can cross reference to another bearing manufacturer to save money. £70 is crazy.

Install them, ride the bike 500kms, check them again. If they loosen up after two rounds of adjusting, something is very wrong.

2. #12 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Bearings usually have numbers on them that you can cross reference to another bearing manufacturer to save money. £70 is crazy.

Install them, ride the bike 500kms, check them again. If they loosen up after two rounds of adjusting, something is very wrong.
    Got to strip the bike again to get to the bearings...........when I can get it done..
    Taking the bike to a friend with more mechanical knowledge, and better facilities than I have, for a 2nd opinion.

3. #13 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweet View Post
    Got to strip the bike again to get to the bearings...........when I can get it done..
    Taking the bike to a friend with more mechanical knowledge, and better facilities than I have, for a 2nd opinion.
    Best Idea IMO 2 minds are better than one? Please keep us all updated here on MCM.

Good luck.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #14 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Been over the bike......head bearings fine.....wheel bearings fine.....one caliper a bit loose on its sliding pins...abut it just clicks not clocks....going to ride the bike with it hanging on a bungy strap..eliminate it completely
    All other bolts we can see., including engine bolts are tight, and no loosefairing panels.
    My mate says, only thing after that is fork internals......

5. #15 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Been al over the bike today........no joy.
    Looked on Wemoto site...they do a taper roller bearing kit for the 650i (£30) but the Tr is not listed.
    Looked on the WK/Quadzilla site, and the bearings for the i are a different part number against the Tr.
    Last edited by Tweet; 03-07-2018 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Miss spelling

6. #16 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    Hi Tweet
    Over the years of owning different model CFmoto bikes, the first thing I do is check on Taobao which is a type of eBay site in China for items listed for sale for that model.
    Taobao seller over the years has come to understand that it best to only stock the most common.

1. Service parts.
    2. Most common failure parts
    3. Replacement due to accidental damage.

Just check Taobao for your bike, and NO one is listing for sale a Head Bearing set.
    That is a strong indication that it's NOT a common failure part.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #17 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Prince.
    When I spoke to WK they said it was not a common problem on the 650i or Tr, very rare in fact.
    At this moment iam just trying anything to try to stop the clunk.
    My buddy had a look at it today....did the usual checks....I told him what I had done..
    He checked the steering for play, as I did, and nothing...no play...no rough feeling on lock to lock.
    As said, its dojng my head in......wish I could see something that is worn or broken......then I could shout Eureka.........but I/we can't find anything.
    Only other option is for internals.....but WK do not sell parts....only the complete leg at £200.

8. #18 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Looked on Wemoto site...they do a taper roller bearing kit for the 650i (£30) but the Tr is not listed.
    Looked on the WK/Quadzilla site, and the bearings for the i are a different part number against the Tr.
    Best bet is to measure the bearings with a Micrometer or vernier and go to a bearing supplier for a set or take originals and have the matched up, that is what I did for Honda ones back in the 70's and no internet back then.

9. #19 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    C-Moto Senior
    Best bet is to measure the bearings with a Micrometer or vernier and go to a bearing supplier for a set or take originals and have the matched up, that is what I did for Honda ones back in the 70's and no internet back then.

10. #20 Re: 650Tr clunk 
    Hi Tweet

Just read again what you first posted.

Hi guys.
    My Tr has developed a "clunk" sound from the fork area when riding on uneven road surfaces.....mainly it does this at 30mph or less.
    That doesn't sound like Head Bearing to me?
    Sounds like front fork problem.

Will ask Bikerdoc his advise as he still has a TR and the guy knows his stuff.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast