Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: swm super dual

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: swm super dual 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Prince666 - K2 sounds awesome - many years ago - back in 1987 I think .... I always remember meeting a guy coming the opposite way to most people on the backpacking trail. I was heading to Leh in Ladakh (north India) and he was coming the other way on an Enfield which he was riding from K2 - maybe it was this that planted the little seed for future years to do similar. Good luck and I wish well on your venture !

Quote Originally Posted by Zhonghao View Post
    Hi Prince666 - K2 sounds awesome - many years ago - back in 1987 I think .... I always remember meeting a guy coming the opposite way to most people on the backpacking trail. I was heading to Leh in Ladakh (north India) and he was coming the other way on an Enfield which he was riding from K2 - maybe it was this that planted the little seed for future years to do similar. Good luck and I wish well on your venture !
    Even it is not the territory of Tibet province there are great areas of the Sichuan Tibetan plateau that s home to these specific culture. If you want to ride and explore this country keeps you busy for years. I remember there was someone who rode 28k(+/-) km inside China and has not been in Tibet.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #33 Re: swm super dual 
    I am nearly over 200.000 km on my bikes just in china and still not rode Tibet.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    I am nearly over 200.000 km on my bikes just in china and still not rode Tibet.
    Prince, I envy you! 😢 You have obviously enough time and sufficient financial resources 😉

SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

5. #35 Re: swm super dual 
    Thanks ShuBen
    Yes life is ok just now. didn't make the mistake to come to China to work in some teacher job and end up being borered lol.
    But each year I need to get out of China and head down to Thailand.
    Life is better down in Thailand with many great roads to ride.
    My big ride this year I hope, with the new purchase of a DCT Honda AT here in Thailand.
    I hopeing to ride from Thailand to OZ and back .
    And with a trip to see K2 Mountain in the far west China.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #36 Re: swm super dual 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    You can partly ride Tibet and Tibetan plateau in Qinghai province. But yes, there are restricted areas. I plan right now to ride the area of KangDing near Chengdu. I learned you also need a permit but this is to achieve as foreign individual. Let's see whether it works out.

Wait, you plan to ride near Kangding. Ever since last year when another chap said he'd ride from Xining to Chongqing, I've been looking into this route. I went to Kangding ten years ago and headed West and then into Yunnan(not by bike I must add)

Ahh.. China V's old RR Riding into Sichuan with Felix. Awesome.

You don't mean that one needs some kind of permit for Kangding right?

But yeah, the West of Sihuan as well as Qinghai Province ARE Tibet as detailed on the website www.landofsnows.com with massive peaks 4-5,000 m in height and rich Tibetan culture. An awesome bet.

7. #37 Re: swm super dual 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhonghao View Post
    Hi Prince666 - really you didn't manage Tibet yet ? How about trying with a group - I while back I found a couple of companies who specialize in organising 'tours' for westerners and they supposedly can get a licence that's valid for a few weeks - typically riding around on Yamaha 250s. My 'new friend' in Shanghai is back and forth from Tibet 2 or 3 times a year and gets well off the tourist track - HOWEVER - I don't actually know of any westerner that has gone with him before so I'll just have to take his word for it at the moment .......
    There is a Tibetan run tour comapny that has arranged guide and permits for foreign bikers to ride Tibet before. The RR is on mychinamoto. They took two JH600.
    I spoke to the owner of the company on the phone last year. The guide has to come with you, so rides on the back of the bike and you meet him in Golmud, Qinghai. He's then physically with you for your whole time in Tibet ( the two guys mentioned went to Everest base camp)

It was Tibet Four Seasons tours. I can pass their email to you if you need.

8. #38 Re: swm super dual 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I went to my dealer today to order a wee Yamaha scooter as I got tired of the electric one.
    The dealer said that they will be getting Super Dual this month and possibly they will have one to test ride :)

They will call me when it arrives. Will take some pics.

off topic....he also told me that now the best selling bike in their shop is honda cb500x. Sold 14 in March

Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    I went to my dealer today to order a wee Yamaha scooter as I got tired of the electric one.
    The dealer said that they will be getting Super Dual this month and possibly they will have one to test ride :)

They will call me when it arrives. Will take some pics.

off topic....he also told me that now the best selling bike in their shop is honda cb500x. Sold 14 in March
    Let's see what chances the Superdual has in China.
    The Honda is a great all road / backroads compromise. Enough power, good quality, ... And price?
    How much is it BTW?

SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

10. #40 Re: swm super dual 
    Very nice bike, but IMO a bit overpriced in China when in Thailand there sell on the road for 44.000 RMB.
    Last I read was these are being sold for around 80/85K RMB in China, and then you have to pay 7%Tax?
    YES, it's a HONDA.
    But with the CFMoto 650MT starts at 38.500 RMB and has over 20hp more?
    The wise money should be on the MT?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast