Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Temporary vehicle registration china 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi
    I am hong kong resident with indian pp. got china n hk driving licence.
    I want to travel china on bike but solo not with guide or in group.
    I know china provides temporary vehicles plates to travellers but is it possible for without tour agency?
    I want to travel on Africa Twins not any chinese bike as i havnt drived any yet.
    Once china opens its borders i am ready, i did took sinovacc and have that online and paper certificate confirming that.
    Any suggestions.

2. #2 Re: Temporary vehicle registration china 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenhongkong View Post
    Hi
    I am hong kong resident with indian pp. got china n hk driving licence.
    I want to travel china on bike but solo not with guide or in group.
    I know china provides temporary vehicles plates to travellers but is it possible for without tour agency?
    I want to travel on Africa Twins not any chinese bike as i havnt drived any yet.
    Once china opens its borders i am ready, i did took sinovacc and have that online and paper certificate confirming that.
    Any suggestions.
    Hi, welcome to MCM
    So do you have a PR China Driver (motrocycle) License or only a HK Drivers License?
    If you have a PRC DL then that should make somewhat easier.
    Do you have a HK long term visa in your Indian PP, with rights to enter mainland China?
    Otherwise what type of Visa would you be entering mainland China with?
    The visa type/category can make it easier or more difficult to enter the mainland with and be able to buy a motorbike, but there are a whole host of other requirements, like locality where you would stay. renting bikes in mainland China is generally not possible, and even in the odd occasion where it might be possible - there are and would be a lot of considerations. insurance being near the top of the list.
    It would be near on impossible to rent a AT, really you'd be looking at having to buy a motorcycle in the country and have it registered/licensed and insured in your name. If you wanted to hire a bike and really don't have everything required to buy and be as independent as your inquiry seems to suggest, then the other main option would be to rent through a licensed/registered motorcycle tour group, which would organise everything in country.
    However given Covid19 - things have changed and what you would like to do are like some ways off, unrealistic in the short term.
    Anyway browse through the reads here on MCM where others have attempted something similar to what you want to do - which may help you with different ideas
    Oh, and being able to speak/understand Mandarin is invaluable for a more user-friendly and less stressful experience
    Good luck
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: Temporary vehicle registration china 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Hi, welcome to MCM
    So do you have a PR China Driver (motrocycle) License or only a HK Drivers License?
    If you have a PRC DL then that should make somewhat easier.
    Do you have a HK long term visa in your Indian PP, with rights to enter mainland China?
    Otherwise what type of Visa would you be entering mainland China with?
    The visa type/category can make it easier or more difficult to enter the mainland with and be able to buy a motorbike, but there are a whole host of other requirements, like locality where you would stay. renting bikes in mainland China is generally not possible, and even in the odd occasion where it might be possible - there are and would be a lot of considerations. insurance being near the top of the list.
    It would be near on impossible to rent a AT, really you'd be looking at having to buy a motorcycle in the country and have it registered/licensed and insured in your name. If you wanted to hire a bike and really don't have everything required to buy and be as independent as your inquiry seems to suggest, then the other main option would be to rent through a licensed/registered motorcycle tour group, which would organise everything in country.
    However given Covid19 - things have changed and what you would like to do are like some ways off, unrealistic in the short term.
    Anyway browse through the reads here on MCM where others have attempted something similar to what you want to do - which may help you with different ideas
    Oh, and being able to speak/understand Mandarin is invaluable for a more user-friendly and less stressful experience
    Good luck
    Hi
    I have permanant hong kong visa. China driving Licence I have.
    Hong Kong permanant residents get 3 years multiple visa of China.
    I want bring mine at or interceptor from hong kong and get china temporary vehicle registration same as lot of travellers. I dont want to rent a bike in china