Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 23 of 634 FirstFirst ... 3132122232425334373173 ... LastLast
  1. #221 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Smooth should be fine as long as I clamp them down nice and tight.
    I was giong to go with these blinkers myself: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_768wt_935

I'm not a fan of cornstalks and I usually don't ride with blinkers or mirrors, but thats down in FL up here in NY everything helps lol
    The LED blinkers should be very bright and not stick out too much.

2. #222 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Aboshi,
    Those bars look about like the same as the ones on my bike and they fit fine but were a little too narrow and low I think so I am putting some wider and raised ones on the bogger right now. Maybe they will be fine for you and maybe I will go back to them. Will post some photos of the new bars.

Gardo,
    Bars did not slip.

The rear turn signals will be tricky to change out since there is not much clearance under the fender. I'm thinking of just putting a bolt in the hole where the rear turn signals attach and going with some led lights back by the tag. The existing rear turn signal are in the way of saddlebags.
    Last edited by barnone; 03-15-2011 at 06:50 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #223 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yea see the price now, spaced it last night.

4. #224 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Well Nj Foxtrotted me again. I'm getting told the Bike cannot be registered in this state, and i cant even return the damn thing cause i rode it and tossed the cage.
    i will need to go to the state capital and see about getting te bike added to the NJ list even though the company is listed in the NHTAS database. http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/manufacture/ just type LXD

Or i may end up trying to get it regged in another State like NY and have my mom's husband do it

I'm sooo pissed right now
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #225 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Woooo ..... thats not good. Do States have overriding regulatory power even if the machine is registered on all necessary federal databases? You need to send a query in writing to your Federal and Sate reps immediately quoting all the paperwork and databases. And you need to tell the importers/dealers to put the restriction on their website. I would then 'request' that the State office comply and accept federal paperwork for a legally imported, registered and sold machine and the after that, 'demand' a full explanation in writing of their reasons not to do so pointing out you have been caused loss and distress. And as you say, if all else fails, register next door! Good luck mate, you will end up an outlaw like me the way you are going!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

6. #226 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    better an Outlaw than under the thumb of Caged Officials
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

7. #227 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Yeah! I try hard to fit in and be socially responsible these days, because of Insurance and the like, but sometimes it just doesn't work. However I have found that carefully and reasonably respectfully putting things in writing, with a note that it is copied to local political members, sometimes does the job on bureaucrats. Just so long as you don't cause resentment, the odd one will go out of their way to assist.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

8. #228 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Yeah! I try hard to fit in and be socially responsible these days, because of Insurance and the like, but sometimes it just doesn't work. However I have found that carefully and reasonably respectfully putting things in writing, with a note that it is copied to local political members, sometimes does the job on bureaucrats. Just so long as you don't cause resentment, the odd one will go out of their way to assist.
    Yea I get you, but its so damned frustrating! I called scooterdepot and they are checking it out was calm and respectful and dropped that I am on a number of forum boards that are discussing the bike They stated that the bike is legal in NJ so I want a notarized statement of fact from them
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #229 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    If 'scooterdepot' is really checking it out and not just wanking on you, they would certainly ring and write to the HQ themselves and handle this for you at Sales Management level. Unlikely but you never know, it could be they know the procedure and it certainly affects their sales in what is meant to be a free market. Do you have any sort of Ombudsman' setup in USA to take on these issues on your behalf?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

10. #230 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    That is pretty messed up!
    If you are not able to get it regged in your state and scooterdeopt along with every other site claiming 49-50 state legal I would tell them to come pick up their bike immediately or you will start the charge back process Also put it in writing and send it to them certified mail (as well as your CC Co.). This is a very serious issue because you should not have to jump through hoops over and over again and then be told "sorry your shit our of luck" That would be a $2200+ investment for nothing more then a toy you can only play with on your own property "and judging from your video you only have a driveway to play in" When I called scooterdepot and countyimports they STRESS to me I will be able the reg and title the bike in NY. I really hope I don't run into the same issue you are because NY is not nice when it comes to registering anything that has the slightest paperwork/information error.

Countyimports only shipped my bike out yesterday... still no tracking # so I figure I will receive the bike 23rd-25th
    So I figure I wont even get the MSO till next month...

Gordo:

If you want you can use my address here in NY to try to reg your bike.