Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. #81 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Dang, thanks for the info. If there are any of these 250's on North American shores it's a pretty well kept secret since I don't believe the unit has been tested for EPA and CARB requirements. Even if it passes EPA, CARB requirements probably wouldn't get the green light until they finalize their fuel injected version.

ChinaV will probably be along soon with some input.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #82 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks, I did see the EFI sticker on a swingarm somewhere.
    The 200's are being sold all over N a

3. #83 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Yes the 200's are available nationwide but they are not the same engine and will need to be retested. The frames are even slightly different.

QingQi did not simply stick a bigger head on their 200 case and call it a 250. Nor is this a 230 they're calling a 250. This 250 is very similar to a Suzuki GZ205 or the TU250.

You can check the EPA web site for cleared machines but I"m not sure if the database is constantly updated. Not saying it's not possible but there's a lack of information out there right now.

I can try to find out about the status of the EPA cert.

CC

4. #84 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yes and thanks, I did know it's not the same engine. Can ChinaV order one for me ? Did he just go to china and ride one and then have it dilevered ? Can I call Him ?

5. #85 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    ChinaV lives and rides in China. You'll have to work out some contact details with him.

CC

6. #86 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thank You, CC !

7. #87 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    ChinaV himself kindly let me have a go of his qingqi 250 on the twisty roads by his house (severe location jealousy), here is what i think:

Oh yeah! What a brilliant little machine! I found it more exciting to ride on twisty mountain roads than his BMW with almost triple the power.

Compared to my XTR (both with 17" motard wheels) it handles better in the corners, it feels more planted and holds it's course easier. It feels more purpose built, and encourages you to lean harder; i even scraped some pegs which i had not done on the galaxy.
    The engine has a bit more power and that counter balanced shaft makes a big difference. The qingqi is also lower and more comfortable.
    I only tried it on road and so i've no idea how it compares to galaxy as a motocross bike.

As i hardly ever do any serious off roading, if i was buying a bike again i would probably go for the Qingqi rather than the XTR, provided they ever decide to release it...

8. #88 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    I sold my original QM250 and expected to move into something different, but alas, QingQi wasn't quite ready to offer the "Rock" based QM250GY-2D, so I decided to have another go with the QM250GY-B(ASD) "Liger".

So as not to confuse anyone...

This is "The Rock" QM250GY-2D, an adventure touring based version of the QM250 slated for mass production sometime in 2011.

And this is the newest rendition of "The Liger" QM250GY-B(ASD), which is currently being mass produced and sold in several countries.

About a week ago I took delivery of my new Liger, so it's time to update this thread with what's been improved over the last year and a half by QingQi. I'm also going to do an extensive amount of "farkling" in an attempt at creating an adventure touring bike for the 2011 riding season.

The very first thing I noticed with the new Liger is the console. The gauges are now electronic and they added an LCD to right side. A nice improvement over the old setup, as you now get a clock and a trip meter (helpful for fuel consumption). The center has a numeric gear indicator, a green light to indicate your turn signals are on, and a blue light for the high beams. If you have the older style console on your QM200 or QM250, I'm not sure it will be so easy to swap over. Both the tach and speedo require additional electronics that aren't currently on your bike. I also haven't tried playing with the computer to see if you can change for different size wheels. Get to that eventually.

The next thing you notice is the new oil cooler. This could probably be added to any of the QM250 models, but it would require a new side cover, as the hole for the oil hose above the oil filter is not there on the old model. You can also see that the exhaust header is now closer to the frame and should allow for a larger front wheel.

A new MV30P carburetor has greatly improved the response of the engine and eliminated a lot of the popping on deceleration. I don't know if this is made in Japan or just designed there and then manufactured in China.

I'm sure there will be fuel injected models available soon, but I like the simplicity of the carburetor.

The last major change is with the brakes. The QM250 is one of the first motorcycles I have seen in China with a floating brake disc. The stopping power with my previous QM250 was great, but there was fade as things got hot. Hopefully these new discs will improve on the dissipation of heat.

Not a lot of changes, but a couple of nice improvements. All the important bolts on the bikes were marked as being torqued and many places were lubricated and treated for corrosion resistance. By far, this was the nicest assembly job I have seen from any factory in China. It looks like QingQi is really improving their assembly line processes.

Got a bunch of parts to put on, so stay tuned for the beginning of the farkle process.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Fixed Photos

9. #89 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Please proceed masterV, i have a feeling this bike is going to be something pretty special. I'm pretty happy to hear it's even an improvement on the last one. As i wrote last year in post #87, i had great fun on this thing!

I reckon this new one will make a suitable upgrade from my XTR, I am beginning talks with Qingqi!

10. #90 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Felix,
    While you are talking to Qingqi ask about this one.
    "This is "The Rock" QM250GY-2D, an adventure touring based version of the QM250 slated for mass production sometime in 2011."
    Thanks,
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast