Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Hi ChinaV, im in Beijing, and i was about to buy the same bike, but i couldt find the water cooler version they have in factory... did you hear something about it? Or it is one more bike they put in the catalogs but dosnt really exist?

The seat is comfortable for you? i tried a bit, but was not able to ride the bike out of the store.

Thanks for your advice!
    The water cooled version does exist, but it's not yet approved for registering in China as far as I know. The seat is pretty small, can't say as it's too comfortable for extended periods.... but then again, I'm getting old

What kind of riding are you planning on?

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #12 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    The bike looks like loads of fun. How much does it cost?

Galaxy seem like they are pretty good at customer service, and have decent R&D.

I'll be pretty keen to see what they are making in a few years, if they can make a bigger bike with a more powerful 250cc engine I'd be pretty interested.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

3. #13 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    OK, those in China could check this company out. I don't know if they are affiliated with Galaxy, but they do seem to be the manufacturer for Pitster Pro's bikes, and have the Loncin water-cooled engine version of the XTR250 bike, but don't know if they could sell to you guys in China. If anyone's nearby, contact them and see what they have to say.

http://shuopu.diytrade.com/

4. #14 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    Yi-gads Simon! Gotta get you some training on how to use some of the forums features n' such!

A quote from Culcune's link above...

Since 2001, the Shuopu technological team has thrown themselves into domestic and international motorcycle field. The core members of our team have achived high level and good understanding of motor culture. We play an important role in the designing and producing of Extreme, SDG, PitPro and PitsterPro brand pitbikes. The Shuopu technological team has set many precedents in China's motorcycle fields. This is the first team which makes Made-in-China pitbikes show in Milan, Italy, the birthplace of motorcycle, and still is the first one which makes Made-in-China pitbikes win the international race position. In July, 2005, Shuopu Science and Technology Development Co., Ltd. has been formally founded. It still is a motorcycle designer and manufacturer, which specialized in dirtbikes, pitbikes and spare parts. We keep on cooperation through ODM mode with PitPro,PitsterPro,MoJo, RAV, etc. On the basis of good international relationships and acute insight of market, we put many new styles of bikes into international market annually. At the same time , we gradually enrich the kinds of our products. We have entered or will enter the fields of alloy precision machining, aviation parts producing and special type of engine. With efforts , Shuopu is getting stronger and stronger. By the end of 2006, company's fixed asset is over 5 million RMB, and annual production value is over 100million RMB. In 2007 , Shuopu has gained the certificates of ISO 9001 , CE ,and so on . For prosperous future, we are sincerely looking forward to work togather with you to build
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #15 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    18 litre tank on a 250 , i had a honda xrl 650 that would go 400 klm on a 16 litre after market tank . i would guess your bike would have a range of about 800 klm or more . thats quite nice option . have you found out yet what it will do distance wise on a tank?

6. #16 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    I need more sleep. chromedioxide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    OK, those in China could check this company out. I don't know if they are affiliated with Galaxy, but they do seem to be the manufacturer for Pitster Pro's bikes, and have the Loncin water-cooled engine version of the XTR250 bike, but don't know if they could sell to you guys in China. If anyone's nearby, contact them and see what they have to say.

http://shuopu.diytrade.com/
    Beat me to it again...

http://www.shuopuscience.com/

7. #17 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks ChinaV, actually now looking in the blog, i found more information AND pics of the water cooler version: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8336

They went to visit the factory. Ok, just saw your name on the post!!!

I just want the bike for short offroad trips. Nothing really extreme. I got a Hyosung (korean made in China) which is VERY GOOD... but it dosnt have FRONT disc breaks as Galaxy. I will post some pics of Hyosung, i feel it is much better than any other local bike, a bit better than Qinqi overall, and MUCH BETTER than Qinqi for offroad. But just my personal opinion. I liked the offroad style of Galaxy, and quality of components, they care of details.
    Just a bit worried about the engine, as somebody said here, kind of 150cc with creatine and aminoacids. Probably wont last too long, but i dont care.

8. #18 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    How much does it cost?

They use to have an store at TAOBAO.COM, where you can also find all kind of components and spare parts. (http://search1.taobao.com/browse/261...at_topsearch=1)

If somebody want to buy it in Beijing, i have the address of the dealer here (near Lido).

Cheers!

9. #19 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    The bike looks like loads of fun. How much does it cost?

Galaxy seem like they are pretty good at customer service, and have decent R&D.

I'll be pretty keen to see what they are making in a few years, if they can make a bigger bike with a more powerful 250cc engine I'd be pretty interested.
    Sorry I missed your question Z, the cost for the XTR is 11,980 RMB. I paid 17,000 RMB ($2500 USD) with extra wheels, gas tank, taxes, registration, and insurance.

I don't know what kind of connection there is between Galaxy and Pitster Pro, but they are both doing a good job of finding (making) nice components in China. I hear that Pitster is adding the 400cc, maybe Galaxy will try as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Thanks ChinaV, actually now looking in the blog, i found more information AND pics of the water cooler version: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8336

They went to visit the factory. Ok, just saw your name on the post!!!

I just want the bike for short offroad trips. Nothing really extreme. I got a Hyosung (korean made in China) which is VERY GOOD... but it dosnt have FRONT disc breaks as Galaxy. I will post some pics of Hyosung, i feel it is much better than any other local bike, a bit better than Qinqi overall, and MUCH BETTER than Qinqi for offroad. But just my personal opinion. I liked the offroad style of Galaxy, and quality of components, they care of details.
    Just a bit worried about the engine, as somebody said here, kind of 150cc with creatine and aminoacids. Probably wont last too long, but i dont care.

Alex, I would like to see the Hyosung you ride, show us some pics . It's not the engine I worry about with Chinese bikes, it's the lack of quality control at the component suppliers. The Galaxy and Pitster look nice, but can anybody name the supplier of the forks, brakes, battery etc? With thousands of sub suppliers available here, I think it will be a few years before we start seeing some trusted brands we can rely on.

The XTR is a great little bike for zipping around or hitting the trails, but I would probably look elsewhere if I could only have one bike in China.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

10. #20 Re: ChinaV's new Galaxy 250! 
    I need more sleep. chromedioxide's Avatar
    Looks like someone at SMJ got the pitster

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=89861

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast