Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    These are hard to find, used.

2012, 4K kms, a few accessories, 京B-plated.

Asking price is 120,000 rmb, all in. I've no idea how negotiable the price is.

Not mine - the owner of Qili motors called and said a friend of his will sell this bike. Thought I'd throw it up here just in case someone in Beijing is looking (I'm not, I've just bought this month's new toy).

If you're serious, contact Han Yong Qing at Qili Motors (only speaks Chinese). 13552018835

2. #2 Re: Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    LJH you happen to know which 650GS model?

G650GS (non-ABS) single cylinder around CNY99K new,
    G650GS (ABS) single cylinder CNY129K new,
    or the F650GS twin cylinder (800cc)?

FWIW, F700GS (ABS) twin cylinder (800cc) base model are part of special promo price offered at the moment; CNY120K plus 8.5% tax. Additional options e.g. centre stand, stability control, tyre pressure sensors, electronic suspension etc are additional cost options on the F700GS.

3. #3 Re: Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    LJH you happen to know which 650GS model?
    Sorry Doc - I know very little about the bike, but I've been asked by several people over the years about where to find used BMWs in Beijing (especially B-plated ones, to avoid the high A-plate cost). They are rare. I think they probably get passed, privately, between friends.

I can't comment on the price (or eventual selling price) because I don't know this particular bike. You are right, though, with the new "700" on special at 120K, this might be a tough sell. I guess it will depend on the model, how it is equipped, and how much movement the seller has on price.

I just put it on here in case anyone was looking - I'm sure the seller will probably put it on 58.com and weifengtang.com (not on either yet). I have no personal interest in it, either way.

4. #4 Re: Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    Completely understand. I'll give the seller a call to get specific info and then post it up here.

58.com occasionally a gem is advertised, but being such a dynamic site with lots of postings makes it almost imperative to view the site on a hourly basis just to wade through all the dross, just to find that one gem. Not so good for someone like myself who just browses it occasionally.

5. #5 Re: Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    Backroads Rider
    I am in the market for this bike!
    I live in Kunming and don't need Beijing plates but I do need a legal Chinese BMW bike and I don't want one bigger than a 650.
    I don't speak Chinese.
    I am looking for a single cylinder late model BMW G650 GS with low mileage so this bike could be right. I am tall and don't want the lowered seat model.
    If you can pass any info on to me I would appreciate it. I tried calling that number and there was no answer.
    The prices in China are very high and I am exploring importing one because as a legal working resident I can do so without paying the tax (one time only). That can mean as little as half price but with a lot of hassle to do the papers and shipping.

So I'm looking for a deal but would be willing to go to Beijing to buy if I can find a good bike in good shape for the right price.
    Thanks for your help.
    rob

6. #6 Re: Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    Quote Originally Posted by laoshi19 View Post
    The prices in China are very high and I am exploring importing one because as a legal working resident I can do so without paying the tax (one time only). That can mean as little as half price but with a lot of hassle to do the papers and shipping.
    Not according to the other thread you started and never commented in or thanked people for taking the time to help you. Unless of course, you know something and you just don't want to share it.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #7 Re: Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    Assistant spoke on the phone with Han Yong Qing at Qili Motors. The bike is not a BMW, it's a Loncin LX650 with a BMW engine. Loncin have been making the motorax 650 single for BMW for a few years now. Back to the prices the G650GS no ABS was RMB99K +8.5% & RMB129K with ABS.

It doesn't appear to be a BMW 650GS at all.

Not sure what wires have been crossed in the communication there LJH?

8. #8 Re: Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    Quote Originally Posted by laoshi19 View Post
    I am in the market for this bike!
    I live in Kunming and don't need Beijing plates but I do need a legal Chinese BMW bike and I don't want one bigger than a 650.
    I don't speak Chinese.
    I am looking for a single cylinder late model BMW G650 GS with low mileage so this bike could be right. I am tall and don't want the lowered seat model.
    If you can pass any info on to me I would appreciate it. I tried calling that number and there was no answer.

So I'm looking for a deal but would be willing to go to Beijing to buy if I can find a good bike in good shape for the right price.
    Thanks for your help.
    rob
    Be our guest, report back when it's all done and dusted. If it really was that easy and simple, you'd likely have to push your way to the front of the queue, as there'd be many a foreigner and returned Chinese with foreign passport ahead of you. I have heard all the palava about foreigners being exempt and what not from taxes and entitled to one free plate. Generally speaking its a urban myth.

I can tell you now that another foreigner here in Ningbo imported his R1200GSA, and it cost him as much to import, get it plated and everything as it did to buy it new. Meaning it cost him more than double his money. I've been through the process in terms of cost, and KNOW what it will cost me to import a new XT1200Z from Australia (a bike that I've owned for a year+ and is sitting at the dealer - I was speaking with the dealer last Friday as they wanted to know "are you missing something").

A very good German friend was also prepared to import a new R1200GSA from the EU as his EU company can buy a tax free bike in the EU meaning his initial purchase price would be very low, however by the time he costed everything out to get it landed and plated in China, he in no way could stomach the prices. This is a guy who has a HD that he hasn't ridden since last October, it's sit near his office on the 3rd floor in his company under a motorcycle cover. Makes a nice netrance piece though as one exits the elevator. He drives one of the BIG Jeeps (looks like a Hummer), meaning he isn't strapped for money. He's part of a company with plenty of Guanxigang here.

Seemingly you have it all figured out... so go for your life. Not trying to be an arse, but some of the MCM membership have been here going on 20 years, some more... me I'm on year 11.

I see you are domiciled in Kunming. Well does Kunming have the port and the authority to import vehicles, or does it have to be landed elsewhere first? If it does, then it will get difficult and costly. Same applied to Ningbo when I started the process for the XT1200Z a year ago+. Ningbo didn't have the Customs authority to handle landed vehicles at that time, so my bike would have to be landed via Shanghai port. That adds lots of bureaucracy and complexity. Ningbo gained the Customs vehicle import/export approval since then so that changed things. Made sense too given that there is a huge port 2 km away from here. Made nonsensical nonsense to have to land the bike via Shanghai, then road freight the bike down to Ningbo. Which meant two different territories of China customs talking to each other.

The prices for the imported bikes seem alarmingly high, and some may think the dealers/manufacturers are price gouging but actually the small profit margin per unit go to the manufacturer and dealer as elsewhere, the rest (majority) goes to the Chinese government. It's partly how they have such a nice tidy trade surplus. Protectionist alive and well in the middlekingdOOm.

It was what it is, as one of the other MCM regulars once put it, it's the cost of admission here.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 05-20-2013 at 10:46 AM.

9. #9 Re: Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    Just spoke with the seller of the 650 rotax engined bike, it is definitely a Loncin LX650 / 650LX, not a 650GS. Price is RMB40K. hahahahaha 40K.... hahahahaha.. oh wait, though might include a plate, but not completely sure. I'm not interested. I can order a 650LX myself if I wanted one... as can any of us. www.loncin.com or check out Taobao, a few advertised there.

Be careful with Taobao came across a scam with a real dealer (he had a blue diamond too). Seems there is now a copy of Alipay called "me.alipay" which looks just like Alipay, but has no affiliation. Me.alipay.com is not an escrow, meaning funds placed into go directly into a sellers nominated bank account!!!

After a complaint which both Alipay and Taobao are investigating, the dealers Taobao shop front have been removed. You don't have to have completed the purchase on Taobao to make a complaint about a dealer/seller on Taobao.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 05-20-2013 at 10:53 AM.

10. #10 Re: Legal BMW 650GS for sale in Beijing (B plate) 
    Backroads Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Not according to the other thread you started and never commented in or thanked people for taking the time to help you. Unless of course, you know something and you just don't want to share it.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    I just want to say "Thank you" for all of the kind answers. Didn't mean to be rude, I have been traveling and did not see all the posts.

Also to BikerDoc:
    Thanks for checking this out. I'm definitely not inerested if it is not a real BMW.
    Laoshi19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast