Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
  1. #121 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    Did you get the power jet kit for it?
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/3704004...Types&var=sbar

2. #122 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Excellent modification, Nima. Now I want to ride your bike to see how it goes!

Congratulations, and thanks for posting.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #123 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    thanks ...

first i got to test the bike in offroad and then if it has problem i will go for carb surgery ( i think there would be no problem )

euphonius , it is all yours body :)

4. #124 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    I just want a disclosure on this, for others, that the larger carburetor can be problematic at high RPM, so if you are considering this as an option for a street ridding and that being ridding it wide open, then the power jet kit is intended to help prevent seizure when and if the stock leans out at consistent high rpm.

5. #125 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi everybody,
    I'm from Shiraz, Iran. I recently bought a QingQi 250 that has a oil cooler, in Iran it's called "Pishro 250 gold".
    I've a problem and couple of questions:
    1. The bike makes a noise like a chain sound but when two people sit on it there is no sound anymore. What is this sound?
    2. What's the best engine oil for this bike, 10w40? 20w50?
    3. I want to go off-road sometimes but the tires don't seem to be suitable, I'm not a professional rider and I don't want to go to very hard places but I want to know is it dangerous to go with these tires?
    Thank you so much

6. #126 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    HI

PISHRO 250 is a supermoto with 17 inch rims on both front and rear and indeed sport tires on them so not suitable to ride on dirt ... u will face some issues in handling and passing rocks since your ground clearance is to low due to rims and tires and short and soft forks so it is better not to use it as an offroad bike ....tires get pinched by sharp rocks and so on .....

SG standard is good and 20 W 50 will suit the weather of iran u can use behran for example ....

and finally u have to adjust the chain tension as said on bike manual or get it done by some one who knows well to get rid of that chain noise

check persianmotor.net for more photos

ur bike with 18 /21 inch rims and offroad tires as well

7. #127 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Nima Naderi View Post
    HI

PISHRO 250 is a supermoto with 17 inch rims on both front and rear and indeed sport tires on them so not suitable to ride on dirt ... u will face some issues in handling and passing rocks since your ground clearance is to low due to rims and tires and short and soft forks so it is better not to use it as an offroad bike ....tires get pinched by sharp rocks and so on .....

SG standard is good and 20 W 50 will suit the weather of iran u can use behran for example ....

and finally u have to adjust the chain tension as said on bike manual or get it done by some one who knows well to get rid of that chain noise

check persianmotor.net for more photos

ur bike with 18 /21 inch rims and offroad tires as well
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply
    When I bought the bike they didn't give me user manual and they said this bike doesn't have one!!! But they said there is a first service but I couldn't find the representative due to the holidays and so on. Anyway I found out what's making the noise: There is a white plastic piece under the chain that touches the chain and makes noise, it scratches the plastic piece and not much of it has left. The chain is very tight but still when two people sit on the bike the noise disappears (I heard that when two people sit on the bike the chain becomes tighter). Someone said the chain is too tight and it should be looser, can it be true? I'm sure it can't be more tighter, maybe loosing it a little make a difference. Does it have something to do with the back suspension? maybe if I lower the back suspension a little? Please tell me what you think of that.
    Yes that's exactly my bike other than the rims and front light.
    Thank you so much

8. #128 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    yes that little white plastic thing some times make trouble and became loose also .so check the bolt in the middle of it to be sure

and over tighten chain would cause such a big issues that u never expect so get it adjusted ASAP....thats the reason why the withe thing is rubbed off

it must have 2Centimeter free play when the bike is not loaded and on side stand ... pull the chain up from top of rear swing arm to measure that ....

be sure that the rear wheel adjusters must set equally to put the rear wheel in central position of rear swingarm

9. #129 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Nima Naderi View Post
    yes that little white plastic thing some times make trouble and became loose also .so check the bolt in the middle of it to be sure

and over tighten chain would cause such a big issues that u never expect so get it adjusted ASAP....thats the reason why the withe thing is rubbed off

it must have 2Centimeter free play when the bike is not loaded and on side stand ... pull the chain up from top of rear swing arm to measure that ....

be sure that the rear wheel adjusters must set equally to put the rear wheel in central position of rear swingarm
    Thanks again,
    You said "pull the chain up from top of rear swing arm to measure", I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean, how can I pull the chain up? There are two things to adjust the chain for loosing and tightening it on both sides of the swing arm, do you mean I can also move the chain up and down with them or there is something else for doing that? Sorry if I'm bothering you but a pic or more explanation would be so appreciated. You can also text me in Farsi if it's ok.

10. #130 Re: New QingQi 250 Motorcycles! (QM250-2D, QM260-GY-B) 
    after you loos that adjusters on the tail-end of swing arm (both side )and also rear wheel bolt ur rear wheel is free to move forward and backward

if you tight that adjusters they will pull the wheel back and ur chain would get hard and in revers you chain will be free

you have to push rear wheel toward the engine to let chain free a little bit and then grab the chain with your fingers and..

let me tell you something , adjusting chain is one of the first steps of becoming a rider so start it today and google anything and u will find it if you it is any interest

this how KTM do this job in 2010 manual

and this is the 2012 version

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast