Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: re-seal and bulb replacement 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    If they do their job better than the old ones - xenon or not. you achieve your goal, which is most important. Is'n it?
    This is true :o)

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    I see that the little retaining clip that I commented about in my Jetmax review has not been redesigned.
    Maybe on the Jetmax v2

Just keep in mind that you might have to be mindful of the wiring used for the headlights etc and whether or not they are designed to take the increased draw that the higher rated bulbs will incur. I found that out by swapping the stock standard 35/35W Halogens for some beefier 90/100W ones. The draw was too much and the wiring proceeded to melt as did the plastic 3 pronged connectors to the bulbs. Replacing the wiring harness means having to buy the headlight assembly which in turn means buying the fairing (tupperware) that houses said headlight too.
    Thanks for the heads up on that one, I will watch that..

BTW, your goods will likely be with you soon Mr WirralGhostHunter :)
    woooo hooooo.... Thanks for that bikerdoc I will post my progress right here

2. #32 Re: re-seal and bulb replacement 
    Hi i fitted HID to my JETLUX works very well and haveing 2 head lights at the front helps a lot please see picture

DSC09858.jpg

The only thing i did not like about my bike was the clear plastic front screen tried to put window tint on it but did not work so i resorted to mad ideal lets paint it ??? it worked for me ok keeps the chinese looking for sure

DSC00021.jpgDSC00028.jpg

3. #33 Re: re-seal and bulb replacement 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    ^Nice picture you got on the screen. Is it a type of transfer? How you finding the Jetlux? I personally didn't like the smaller wheels meaning one sits lower to the ground, single sided front disc rotor, lack of fairing protection, the way the pillion seat is hinged at the rear meaning adding a mounting plate for a top-box while achievable is more complicated than it needs to be. Other than that aesthetically it ticks some boxes that my Jetmax doesn't quite, but then the Jetmax has the positives that I found to be a negative on the Jetlux. YMMV.

4. #34 Re: re-seal and bulb replacement 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi i fitted HID to my JETLUX works very well and haveing 2 head lights at the front helps a lot please see picture
    I've been ready up on the whole HID thing, now I know what its all about. Only thing in the way are the silly laws here in the UK regarding them.

Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    The only thing i did not like about my bike was the clear plastic front screen tried to put window tint on it but did not work so i resorted to mad ideal lets paint it ??? it worked for me ok keeps the chinese looking for sure
    Looks pretty cool, dont know if I would be brave enough to do something like that though....

5. #35 Re: re-seal and bulb replacement 
    ^Nice picture you got on the screen. Is it a type of transfer? How you finding the Jetlux? I personally didn't like the smaller wheels meaning one sits lower to the ground, single sided front disc rotor, lack of fairing protection, the way the pillion seat is hinged at the rear meaning adding a mounting plate for a top-box while achievable is more complicated than it needs to be. Other than that aesthetically it ticks some boxes that my Jetmax doesn't quite, but then the Jetmax has the positives that I found to be a negative on the Jetlux. YMMV.

Hi "doc" not Transfer it is hand painted with a air brush a "one of" had it done by a freind of mine when i was back in the uk the seat is only i think 1.5 " lower then the jetmax i have 33" inside legs and the jetlux seat is fine with me as i like to have my 2 feet flat on the road when i stop whit the seat hight you need to ride it with your legs going forward like easey rider prosition ?? pushing your bum up to the step in the seat you came have your legs out at nearly 90 deg to the seat nice when you are rideing for a long time the back split seat is a bummer if you are thinking about a box for the rear i am not so it is fine with me found out the top speed now on the clock 140 km at 9800 rpm would not like to maintain this speed for a long time ??? rides nice at 110 km done about 3000 km on it now runs abit lumpy at low rpm not sure why ?? as to the fairing i like a low type all it means you get a dirty face and a bit of wind but when it is hot nice to get the cool rush of air in your face yes would of been nice to of had the twin front disc but hay doc shit happens in china but front bike works well and dont looks like going to lock up when useing hard hope to step up next year to the 650 cc moto but frist do a year on this bike to get used to the roads here join bike club in Longkou so we go out alot on ride but "all" the other menbers have big bikes
    650/1300 cc but i keep up with them ok untill they realy put the power down then it is bye bye steve but they dont like to leave me so this dont happen a lot very nice people with have at the club treats me like one of them they make a big point when we meet othe chinese people and they call me "lawoai" they are quick to tell them his name is\ "steve" not laowai which is nice .....well have a look at the crew ..

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC09845.jpg

sorry cant say to much here not my post sorry wirral will talk more about my trips with these guys late DOC ...

6. #36 Shout Out! 
    What started out as an enquiry about a top box for my scoot led me to contact the distributers here in the UK for the required parts. Some phone calls and emails later - you've guessed it -Not available for the UK.
    Was this going to be the end of the road? Was I going to be limited with what I could squeeze under the seat?
    Nope! A guy over 8000 kilometres away (as the crow flies), offered to help and went to the time and trouble to order the parts from the manufacturer, and then to ship them over to me. (plus other parts that cost extortionate prices here).
    What can I say but a big THANK YOU

Hopefully I can return the favour.

I hope you wont mind me giving you a shout out. BIKERDOC

I cant wait to get these puppies installed. Stay tuned.

goodies.jpg

7. #37 Re: Shout Out! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hey Rob, great to see that the goods arrived without any dramas. Happy to have helped a fellow rider out, and happy to do so again, if the need arises. I know how frustrating it can be to know that something is available and can be done, but to be faced with barriers - it's actually quite a typical scenario in mainland Ch!na. At least this time I could help someone else out.
    Anytime, anytime... now get the pics of the installs with the new box...
    Swap out your headlight bulbs for some real HID lights, and change out the single horn for some electric "air" type dual horns (just in front of the radiator - see my review thread), look out swapping out the tyres for some a little wider and add/weld tabs to the ends of the centre stand legs and you are getting a little closer to a fairly decent scoot. You might like to add a small air pneumatic type arm to underside of the seat to keep it open too. That is doable and adds a nice touch. Actually there are many mods that I have done, like bolstering the seat to give several more centimetres in height and a softer ride overall.
    Better stop here.

Glad you got the goods though, now go play!
    :)

8. #38 Re: Shout Out! 
    To bikerdoc:

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #39 My Luggage Rack Is On. 
    What an easy job. It took around thirty minutes (I took it easy), but what a transformation. My scoot redefines practicability, I love it. Not much to write about the install, four bolts to remove the old bars, eight bolts to put the new kit together - plus a few bolts for the topbox. Thanks again to bikerdoc for making this possible. Here are some pics of my scoot, now with a rather fat behind

1_HandleRemoved.jpg2_CarrierLugs.jpg3_RearCarrier.jpg4_LockPlate.jpg5_FatBehind.jpg

10. #40 Little Mod A Bit Of Paint 
    Forgot to mention in my previous post. When I removed the right handle, I could see the rear indicator chrome was rather badly tarnished/pitted, today I noticed that the lens had condensation inside - damn another leaky lens. This may have to be replaced as the whole chrome surrounding inside is also pitted (not seen in pic). Any how, today I painted the mild steel exhaust pipe with POR15 heat resistant paint, and I fitted an "under the seat" self adhesive LED light. Hmmmm.. I wonder if hard luggage cases are possible

ChromePitting.jpgSilverExaust.jpgInteriorLight.jpg
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 08-14-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast