Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. #61 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    The bikes i was watching in alibaba was a bit diferent and dificult to find in china, dont know why. They run double distance with one charge, normally are faster and better quality than the ones we usually see around. Anyway the extra battery added brought me some confort, so i will check the store Felix talked about. Check it out the bikes from alibaba:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/23...un_F_6000.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/30..._G_6000Li.html this one is a dream...

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/44...C_SCOOTER.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...C_SCOOTER.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/37...n_D_4000W.html

This last exactly like my petrol one, but eletric:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...C_SCOOTER.html

ps. if theres any informaton about where to buy one of this bikes around shanghai please let us know! tks

2. #62 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    You can get something like that built in the super-ebike shops, but you're looking at lot more money. These bikes use li-ion batteries (they're smaller and lighter so you can get more in there), you can get them here but they cost a lot more. I'm guessing a 3000W, 72V 40amp ebike like these ones with li-ion batteries will set you back around 15000 RMB. If you used the standard lead-acid batteries for a battery of that capacity (12 cells) they'd probably add an extra 100kg to the bike. Not fun. So... what's your budget?

3. #63 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Was thinking about find some second hand maybe, with price around 1000 dollars... Even like this still doesnt look the most economic way for me...will check the ones in Xietu lu today...Thanks mate!!

4. #64 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Neto,

Interesting finds there in Alibaba. Please note: All of those models are being sold by only two companies -- Hefei Dongpeng in Hefei, Anhui, and Xiamen Efun, in Xiamen. How about looking them up and making contact and seeing whether they have any domestic distribution? Would be a real hoot to organize a visit to one or both!

Here are their contacts:
    Hefei Dongpeng
    Xiamen Efun
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #65 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'll contact Hefei company, once their bikes are big ones like my petrol one - exactly what i want. Hope they have some domestic distribution to Shanghai, anyway, will wait to hear from them and then will post here.

Cheers

6. #66 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Contacted the seller from Hefei Company and the sample price, once i would order just one, is exactly 2190 dollars... Too much for me...rs

Theres no distribution to shanghai and cant be found in any store around here, as she told me...

7. #67 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I was looking around on taobao last night found some huge batteries like this http://hk632.taobao.com/?search=y&sc...&queryType=cat
    72v Lithium Ion Phoshate. LiPo batteries are supposed to be the best for using in electrical vehicles.

8. #68 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi.

Gas issues in Beijing. Interesting and not so simple. But in China there is always a way. I bought my r9 at the end of May. When I first bought my r9 I went to the gas station, the guy asked me if I had a plate, which I do not. I told him I had just bought the bike 10 minutes earlier and he was kind enough to sell me gas. Several days later I went back and he refused to sell me gas. Later I went tooling around checking different gas stations, most of them of course would not sell me gas. I asked a modi driver if he could help me find gas. He took me to an out of the way gas station where I was able to buy gas for about a month. Then they stopped selling. I was offered some fake plates for 400rmb. I didn't buy one. Here the gas stations will usually ask to see the blue book. Gas stations seem to only sell gas in portable gas containers to companies with permits. The other day I was over at my mechanic's
    shop, my gas was low, he told me a big gas station around the corner would sell gas. I went there and asked if I could buy gas, the station guy said yes. Then he asked me if I had a plate, I just play stupid and say "I don't know". I asked him if I could buy gas and he still sold me gas.

Now what makes this game so interesting is that the place I bought my r9 is still selling the r9s that we don't seem to be able to get plates for. That it is not legal to buy gas for. My bike was recently confiscated by police directly across the road from the place I bought it at. The place I bought the r9 at is still selling them. Maybe I am just a simple guy, but the logic escapes me. One guy that was riding an r9 had just bought his bike at this place across the road, he exited the market, turned right, did a u - turn and drove his bike in the bike lane where we all were and he got nabbed. The psb didn't seem particularly interested in keeping the bike. Did they fill their quota? Is their yard getting to be full?

9. #69 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I've been in one of these yards in Shanghai and it indeed was crammed to the gills. I'm guessing they've got to sell them out the back doors to the provinces or send them to the rendering plant before too long. Supply grows constantly.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #70 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    sigh......TIC
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast