Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Looking for a Chinese Dual Sport... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello guys and girls,

so as you can guess from the title I'm looking to buy my first bike! I've been looking for what seems like years, I know I need a tall bike being 6ft3 and 100kg, I would like a dual sport, a 250cc would be nice as a beginner. I have a budget of about 10000rmb but can go over it a little, just want a cheap one so that if it is taken by the police (I live on the edge of shenzhen) then I will not be too heart broken! if you guys can help me out with some suggestions that would be absolutely fantastic, I've looked at CQR250 but there seems to be a lot of different ones...anyway any suggestions would be great. thanks :D

talk to you guys soon

Spend 11.5k RMB and get a 150cc Yamaha XT150.
    Not fast but reliable. When we went out for Grassland camping in Inner Mongolia it has proven its capabilities.
    My current favourite bike for 250cc is the Benelli Enduro BJ250GY-2. I checked out last week and saw a good quality bike.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #3 Re: Looking for a Chinese Dual Sport... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    Spend 11.5k RMB and get a 150cc Yamaha XT150.
    Not fast but reliable. When we went out for Grassland camping in Inner Mongolia it has proven its capabilities.
    My current favourite bike for 250cc is the Benelli Enduro BJ250GY-2. I checked out last week and saw a good quality bike.

Hey Shuben, thanks for your suggestions, I'm looking for a 250cc, I rode a 150cc chinese farmer bike before and also a 125 scooter but yeah I'm looking for a 250, I originally wanted something more powerful, and I am looking at not just trail riding but kinda city to city, I would like to be able to get a slightly bigger tank, anywho. I'll look at the BJ250 you suggested! it does look nice! thanks

I would also take a look at the QingQi QM200/250 Enduro with spoke wheels -> 16.5k

SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Another interesting bike is the JiaLing 223cc JH200GY.
    One of my riding mates use it since several years for Enduro travelling and it never let him down -> 9k RMB

SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

6. #6 Re: Looking for a Chinese Dual Sport... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    Another interesting bike is the JiaLing 223cc JH200GY.
    One of my riding mates use it since several years for Enduro travelling and it never let him down -> 9k RMB

Legend, these are right up my street! thanks mate!

7. #7 Re: Looking for a Chinese Dual Sport... 
    C-Moto Regular
    what about Shineray X2-300? it's carb version (I guess Jialing, Qingqi and Benelli all are EFI). possible to find slightly used with price around 10-12k. not sure about reliability, maybe ShuBen can tell his word as an ex-owner.

Currently I owe one Jialing JH200-8, which is street version of JH200GY with same engine. also my mate owe Qingqi QM200 motard version. both are well build motorcycles, but Jialing's EFI and engine performance are slightly better. although, both are air-cooled and low on hp.

Also I owe one JH600, which is totally different level and good bike to all-around in China (a bit heavy). Used one you can get for around 15k.

now I am going to get X2-300 for fun ride in Qinghai.

8. #8 Re: Looking for a Chinese Dual Sport... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by a_steel View Post
    what about Shineray X2-300? it's carb version (I guess Jialing, Qingqi and Benelli all are EFI). possible to find slightly used with price around 10-12k. not sure about reliability, maybe ShuBen can tell his word as an ex-owner.

Currently I owe one Jialing JH200-8, which is street version of JH200GY with same engine. also my mate owe Qingqi QM200 motard version. both are well build motorcycles, but Jialing's EFI and engine performance are slightly better. although, both are air-cooled and low on hp.

Also I owe one JH600, which is totally different level and good bike to all-around in China (a bit heavy). Used one you can get for around 15k.

now I am going to get X2-300 for fun ride in Qinghai.
    Thank you!!!! also where do you buy your bikes? here in shenzhen there are no bike shops so I only look on taobao. any other places I can look to buy? I've also looked on xianyu which is an app for second hand stuff but just a little worried about the quality of the stuff there! thank you guys! I didn't expect to get so much help and I'm very grateful!

9. #9 Re: Looking for a Chinese Dual Sport... 
    C-Moto Regular
    I think your biggest concern should be not where to buy bike, but how to register it to remain legal as much as possible.

all bikes I listed (2 Jialings and 1 Qingqi) we bought from dealers in Xining (Qinghai) and Shanghai areas. and luckily there's no problem to remain legal in Xining as this city is not banned for motorcycles.

for 2nd hand bikes you could use also 2.taobao.com
    but if you're willing to buy 2nd hand then you have to go and check bike carefuly yourself first. no any downpayment ahead (I had a very unpleasant experience with one 'respected' MCM member).

Don't buy second hand (except from me 😎) Metal monkey who bought X2 will confirm that 😀
    In China vast majority of bikes get only crash maintenance.

The X2 is basically a good bike, but for real long distance travel you better buy the version with EFI and street orientation regarding seat etc. I saw them in orange only at TaoBao.
    Some mods on it and it should be suitable. My one had the slim seat and I had to grow a leather layer on my butt until it got acceptable longer than 50km on a smooth road. 😵

SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast