Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Flat tire

1. #1 Flat tire 
    Yeah, got one last Friday, on the road which goes to the Tianma Circuit, the rear tire at 70 km/h... So I guess that's done too, a new experience after my crash 2 weeks ago...

I flagged a police car, and they sent me a repairman who found 2 holes, the nail inside the tire and put 2 rubber seals on the tube. He then inflated the tire with a bicycle hand pump and off I went, only 30mn in total and only a whooping 10 RMB !
    I went to the Honda shop where I asked them to inflate it at the correct pressure. On Saturday we went for a ride with my gf, 2-up, and no problem to report after 150km.

My question is : with 2 holes and 2 rubber seals, what do you guys think : I should have the tube changed or is it fine like this ? The repair job seems to hold, so...

2. #2 Re: Flat tire 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I say keep patching until there's nothing left to patch. Well, tires are tires. You never know really. Even if you do replace the inner tube, you could still run over a nail on your way back home. Maybe I'm just lucky, I don't remember ever having a flat tire on both of my motorcycles, and yes, I ride alot. Daily commutes plus weekend excursions.

3. #3 Re: Flat tire 
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    Maybe I'm just lucky, I don't remember ever having a flat tire on both of my motorcycles, and yes, I ride alot. Daily commutes plus weekend excursions.
    Yeah, I'm starting to feel cursed or something... ;-)) Well the crash was my fault, but the flat tire not so much. After the flat I went for lunch in Sheshan and when I came back to the bike, a bird had....well relieved himself on my saddle....
    Am I a lucky SOB or what ? ;-))

4. #4 Re: Flat tire 
    C-Moto Senior
    carrying a can of "Fix-A-Flat" gets you out of tricky flat tyre situations in the middle of nowhere. can be very messy with tubeless tyres..... Ride safe! Pal