Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 623 of 634 FirstFirst ... 473573603613621622623624625633 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 6336
  1. #6221 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Folks, was wondering if anyone could throw out the axle size of the front wheel? (i.e. 12mm?) I am doing research on the speedometer drive gear assembly.

I have a loud clanking in the front end, had to coast with power off to hear it correctly, I then detached the cable and rode a bit and seems to be something with this gear assembly. Not 100% at this time, still a bit more checking to do. Unfortunately the weather is a bit off today, and on the jack cannot bring her to speed by hand to hear anything. Anyway. Axle size anyone??? 12mm, 15mm thanks.

2. #6222 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Folks, was wondering if anyone could throw out the axle size of the front wheel? (i.e. 12mm?) I am doing research on the speedometer drive gear assembly.

I have a loud clanking in the front end, had to coast with power off to hear it correctly, I then detached the cable and rode a bit and seems to be something with this gear assembly. Not 100% at this time, still a bit more checking to do. Unfortunately the weather is a bit off today, and on the jack cannot bring her to speed by hand to hear anything. Anyway. Axle size anyone??? 12mm, 15mm thanks.
    Check your spokes and make sure they are tight. If you hit them lightly with a 15mm wrench, they should ring. If they have a thud, check the tightness. They don't require much torque, but they need even torque all around or the loose spokes will click as the wheel rolls with weight on it. I check my V Star regularly by coasting downhill with the engine off. If I hear clicks, I check my spokes and every time there's one or two that are lose.

3. #6223 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I like the seat on the left. That is initially what the bike came with, but a real cheap version. I changed mine out only due to stress wear and breakage after 20,000 miles. So now the seat I have is similar to the shape of yours shown on the right. I wish I had the old seat back.Way more comfortable on your rear ,especially on bumpy roads.The narrow seat seems to only support a certain aspect of your behind. Both are nice.
    bow, I think I still have the stock seat off my DF. PM me if you want it.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #6224 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    Check your spokes and make sure they are tight. If you hit them lightly with a 15mm wrench, they should ring. If they have a thud, check the tightness. They don't require much torque, but they need even torque all around or the loose spokes will click as the wheel rolls with weight on it. I check my V Star regularly by coasting downhill with the engine off. If I hear clicks, I check my spokes and every time there's one or two that are lose.
    That is the coolest information I have heard on here yet. Never would have thought of that. Yes I will try this.
    Is it better to adjust on the ground or in the air?

5. #6225 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    That is the coolest information I have heard on here yet. Never would have thought of that. Yes I will try this.
    Is it better to adjust on the ground or in the air?
    I do mine off the ground to take weight off the spokes. There are vids on youtube that show the ringing of spokes when adjusting them.

6. #6226 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    DO NOT JUST TIGHTEN YOUR LOOSE SPOKES! Your rim needs to be true! If u tighten only one side and wonder why your hopping up and down on your seat then look at your rim! You either need to buy the right tools to do it or just take it to a shop! It's not that easy just banging a wrench on them and tightening them till they ring! You will destroy your rim and possibly break spokes! Do not get back on here and start complaining that your dong fang is junk because you decided to listen to someone that obviously has no clue really what they are doing! When I first read about someone saying tighten your spokes I about died thinking of all the clowns gonna be mad when they can't ride!

7. #6227 Re: what this bike should have been from the start 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    had the same happen to me, didn't brake the line though.

so I have to ask you, where are you expecting to acquire, and how much are you expecting to pay for this engine?

then have you explored the serviceability, I mean obtaining parts for this new, likely expensive investment.

I'm curious.
    My 2016 DF actually has the CB250 OHC 165FMM which "supposedly" makes more power (cam & higher compression) than the CG250 167fmm. I am surprised...with a 38T sprocket I've reached 64 mph (70 on speedo) and I weigh about 240. You guys have lots of good info on the CG250 but things are more sparse on this board about the CB250. I've seen a performance camshaft online, but no specs are provided.

8. #6228 Re: what this bike should have been from the start 
    Quote Originally Posted by MidMoMan View Post
    My 2016 DF actually has the CB250 OHC 165FMM which "supposedly" makes more power (cam & higher compression) than the CG250 167fmm. I am surprised...with a 38T sprocket I've reached 64 mph (70 on speedo) and I weigh about 240. You guys have lots of good info on the CG250 but things are more sparse on this board about the CB250. I've seen a performance camshaft online, but no specs are provided.
    Doesn't look like an OHC engine in your photo.

20171120_115221.jpg

165FMM engine

HTB1935sFpXXXXccbpXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #6229 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by slightwinner View Post
    DO NOT JUST TIGHTEN YOUR LOOSE SPOKES! Your rim needs to be true! If u tighten only one side and wonder why your hopping up and down on your seat then look at your rim! You either need to buy the right tools to do it or just take it to a shop! It's not that easy just banging a wrench on them and tightening them till they ring! You will destroy your rim and possibly break spokes! Do not get back on here and start complaining that your dong fang is junk because you decided to listen to someone that obviously has no clue really what they are doing! When I first read about someone saying tighten your spokes I about died thinking of all the clowns gonna be mad when they can't ride!
    I have been doing wheel work since I was a kid, about 30 years. I had no other choice but to repair my own wheels. There's no problems with ringing spokes and tightening them. It takes more than snugging up a few spokes to pull a rim out of true. There is more than one way to do things. If my way is wrong, then 90% of all spoke wheels are at risk of blowing up and killing everyone around. The dealerships and shops use the same technique as I to tighten a few loose spokes. Indepedent shops are where I learned how to repair wheels. These are China bikes. Most of them are not true from the factory. It was uncalled for the way you responded. We try to keep it civil around here.

10. #6230 Re: what this bike should have been from the start 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Doesn't look like an OHC engine in your photo.

20171120_115221.jpg

165FMM engine

HTB1935sFpXXXXccbpXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg
    I've not removed the rocker cover, but am thinking it might be possible that my engine is a 165 & 167 cobbled together? The 165fmm (CB250D-G) is listed as a camshaft upward but mine does not have the rocker cover to house the camshaft & chain. So, I bet you are correct. My bottom end is stamped 165FMM.

Here is the link for the 165FMM: http://www.zse.cc/productsdetail.asp...=368&CateID=43

Here is the link for the 167FMM: http://www.zse.cc/productsdetail.asp...=400&CateID=46