Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 United Motors vs Qlink vs Lifan 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm looking for 200cc dual purpose bike. I have seen the Lifan 200cc version and was not really impressed. I like the looks of the Qlink XF200 and really like the looks of the UM SMF200 (saw both of these in pics). If anyone has seen the XF, or SMF in person and have also seen the Lifan, can they please compare/contrast the bikes. Hopefully the quality is greater on the Qlink and UM due to the $800.00 larger price tag. Also a comparison between the XF and SMF would be appreciated. I will ride the bike almost totally on the street, but like the nimbal feeling of the dual sport bikes. What other bikes should I consider?

Thanks

wisgolf,

first off i have not seen 2 of the 3 bikes in person but i do own a xf200. i love it. just broke 2,000 miles on it yesterday. it works flawlessly. i shopped around for a few months before buying. comparing the xf200 against the um smf200 since the lifan is not sold that i am aware of anywhere near me. the um smf200 is much taller, that was a disadvantage for me, almost 5 inches taller.

i can tell you this. if you get the xf200 you will not be disappointed. they also offer a a dual sport version the xp200. but if gonna be on the street more like me you want the sumo.

i just announced the availability of a custom slip on pipe for the xf200 yesterday. i have the very first one sold. check out my xf200 blog. I hope you enjoy it.

Simple XF200 Blog
    http://xf200qlinksupermoto.blogspot.com
    You Tube link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1_XLNLE4zw
    Last edited by volksjagger; 06-11-2008 at 02:38 AM.

The XF200 is much shorter in size than the SMF200--I think something like 6 inches difference. The SMF I sat on at a dealer had good quality about it, compared to the "average" Chinese bike such as Lifan, Zongshen, or the "brands" that come from them.

Keep in mind (read through Carl's thread on visiting the Qingqi factory where the Qlink comes from)the Qingqi factory OEMs the Suzuki DR200's engine and frame; so you are getting a bike that the engine would pretty much interchange with Suzuki parts (might not be 100%, but pretty much mostly).

I, personally, would lean toward the Qingqi-sourced bike, and they can be had for cheaper in the US under the Qingqi brand, too, as opposed to the Qlink, although you have to look around for them.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well, my bro-in-law has the UM bike. I rode it and was REALLY impressed with it.
    Nuff said!

olds_cool63

DON'T BE A SQUIDIOT!

Wisgolf,

Both these guys are giving some good advice. I am of course partial to the QingQi but that's largely because I think they are the best all round CMoto at this point in time. The motard is probably more fun on streets and a lower saddle height. If you'll be on some rough pavelment or trails and have long legs, I think the dual sport versions are fun too but a little higher in the saddle of course.

Other bikes to consider would be this new Loncin PY250 but they're asking over some 3500 Canadian bucks for it and not sure if it's available in the US.

Would this be a commuter bike?

----------
    Volks,

Nice to see you on here man. I can't access your blog from China so can't see the new pipe but I'd REALLY like to. Did you notice a performance increase with the new pipe? Got a pic or two?
    Cool video too! BTW, you can embed youtube videos into a post here. It's super easy. Check the "Test track" section for instructions.

--------------
    Culcune,
    I'm trying to find out if QingQi will open a direct distributorship in North America but no news yet. Will keep everyone posted if they do.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    I can't access your blog from China
    Shhhhh ! .................. don't tell everyone. http://www.theaccess.info/

7. #7 Thanks 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks guys, that was good help. I have located a UM, but it is at a dealer who is about 100 miles away. There is a Qlink dealer only 25 minutes away from me, but he is not carrying the dual sports. The Lifan dealer is only 20 minutes away. I think I will call the Qlink dealer and see if he can order me an XF. I know I can mail order one, but I would like to be able to count on some dealer support. I am only 5'7" tall, so the shorter seat would be a help.

The XF is not a "dual sport" but a supermotard which is basically the same bike but with shorter USD forks and smaller street wheels...that's where the seat height savings comes from. The XF will ride very differently from a full 21" dual sport but should be just the right size.

Just curious, what bikes does the QLink dealer near your place carry?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm not sure what he carries, I only talked to him on the phone and he said he does not carry the dirt bikes, he must consider the XF a dirt bike.

Wisgolf,

call him back up and ask if ordering this bike would be an option. it will show him your interest and when talking to him mention the buzz about this bike. he, like most people may be unaware of its popularity. don't be worried about feeling like you are pestering him. trust me he will be thanking you later for persisting because he will sell them like hotcakes.

i was lucky. the salesman at my dealership rides his everyday to werk. and he has been in the business for 30 + years. selling all the bikes.

dealer support is nice. it will pay off for you.

i am not trying to put down the um at all or any other bike. i just know this is a good one.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast