Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hhmm, I’m starting to suspect that everything is not what is seems with Xingyu.
    The price of $40 USD for shipping does seem to good to be true. I asked them to give me the shipping agents contact details, and contacted them (Fallow International freight Ltd) direct. The lady I spoke to said that the last time they did any business with Xingyu was in 2005 ! She also told me that no vessels sail from the port of Nigbo to the port of Hull. Port of delivery would either be Southhampton of Felixstowe !
    So I asked Fallow International Freight to quote for shipping of the bike, and handling all of the work required to clear the bike through customs. They came back with this :-
    Ocean Freight - USD 90.06
    UK Import Handling - GBP 51.40
    Import Service Fee - GBP 45.00
    Port Security Fee - GBP 3.50

Customs clearance - GBP 45.00
    Duty / VAT - tba upon clearance. Based on the value and the size of the bikes engine etc.
    Deferment Use - GBP 25 or 1.5% total duty / vat
    Delivery to Door - GBP 160 if required.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Cheers
    Andy

2. #12 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    I know nothing about the UK MSVA, but I've heard some rather unpleasant stories about people trying to get their own Chinese imports approved and registered.
    I'm hoping I shouldn't have a problem. I contacted Lydia at Galaxy today to see if the bike has a European Certificate of Conformity, and she has confirmed it does along with Euro-3 emissions. It's the same bike as the SMC, and they don't have any trouble getting them road registered, so hopefully it should be ok.

Cheers

Andy

3. #13 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    if the price of shipping proves to be prohibitive but you want the galaxy branding, why not just buy a set of stickers and have them sent over with some 09 wheels? shouldn't be that expensive...

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_...46ab9c166c.htm

you can also look into ccm which i think sells those bikes in the uk too. way nicer branding than the smc.

http://www.ccmmotorcyclesuk.com/x-tr250/index.php
    Cheers for that Felix. Is the first link a chinese equivalent of ebay ? and do they supply to the UK ?

The CCM is an easy option to buy over here, but the price puts it out of my budget.

Cheers

Andy

4. #14 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    I need more sleep. chromedioxide's Avatar
    Subscribed

5. #15 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Well guys, I was really hoping to place an order on Thursday with Galaxy, but they haven't repled to any of my emails. i was hoping they'd get back to me with the telegraphic transfer details, so I could transfer the funds to their bank.

Things were looking so promising, now I'm begining to think this might not come off now. If I don't hear anything on Monday, then I'll give them a ring.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Andy

6. #16 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Some good news....I received a Proforma Invoice from Galaxy yesterday, so will be going in to the bank on Friday to send payment for my XTR 250

Just hope it actually arrives in the UK

It's going to take approximately 18 days to produce, then another 40 days to arrive by ship....fingers crossed.

Cheers

Andy

7. #17 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    man that's going to be a long wait!
    although i guess you do have the GS until then; shouldn't be too hard.

that taobao website is indeed a chinese ebay, but i doubt they ship abroad. i was more just showing you that page to show you could just get a set of stickers from the factory. In fact, in a way, you are getting a set of stickers from the factory.

8. #18 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    Good luck with that Andy! I'm sure you'll be anxious to get the crate at your door step!

Did they give any details about how they would ship or guarantee delivery?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

9. #19 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Well guys, I sent payment last Friday, and Lydia has been back in touch to let me know that they’ve received payment, and production of my bike will be commencing!
    I asked Lydia to confirm that the bike will come with wavy discs and that I’d be happy with the old tank design, if it would speed up delivery.....she sent the following reply:-
    1. For the wavy disk, I strongly suggest you don't use it. The reason why we stopped using it is bcz the round one is much stronger. Also, the CNC hubs are with a M8 size, before the old hub is with M6, if we use the wavy disc, we should change it to M8, but if so, the hole on the disc is too big( so the distance betwwen the hole and the edge of the disc is too small) , and will brake the disc easily

2. For the fuel tank, we are trying to offer you the new one. If it will take too much time. We will offer the old one for you.

I was really surprised when I received this reply, it shows that Galaxy are taking a really positive approach to product quality and development, and not just chucking out any old rubbish that you would expect from a Chinese manufacturer.

I’m organising shipping myself Carl, through a UK shipping agent......I haven’t spoken to them regarding a guarantee, but I will ask.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers

Andy

10. #20 Re: Hopefully Buying A Galaxy XTR250 
    Galaxy is supposed to be on the up and up, Andy, so it doesn't come as a surprise to read what they are doing for you, and the explanations. They did win the Taklamaken (sp?) Rally in their class, and 6th overall, '08, so they must be doing something right.

I think guy who is principal, Chris something or another, of SMC is or was running Galaxy, or some kind of consultant position. I had corresponded with him a few times when I wrote inquiries to Galaxy's general email a couple years ago, so that might have something to do with how they do business--they have taken customer service to a new level in China!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast