Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: What Battery ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Re: What Battery for QM200GY 
    C-Moto Noob
    The battery recommended for QM200GY is Yuasa Yumicron YB7L-B, according to Yuasa 2009 Battery Applications & Specifications Catalogue.
    Yuasa Yumicron YB7L-B: Capacity 8Ah. Dimensions millimeters: L 135 x W 75 x H 133. Dimensions inches: L 5 5/16 x W 3 x H 5 ¼. This model could be replaced with the Yuasa Conventional model 12N7-3B.
    According to Yuasa Battery Supplier Cross Reference 2009, The Yuasa YB7L-B could be replaced with other manufacturer types, as follows: Interstate YB7L-B, GS-Ztong Yee CB7L-B, GS-JSB GM7-3B-1, Motocross M2273Y, Sears 44042, Yacht CB7L-B.
    Warning: DO NOT BUY (as I did) Yuasa YB9L-B, 9Ah, L135 x W 75 x H 139 mm, which is too high to fit in the motorcycle`s battery original holder.

2. #2 Re: What Battery ? 
    Thanks for the recommendations, I tried some of those numbers, the equivalent from Varta, but they were too big for my battery tray, ten millimeters too high, so I have ended up with a YTZ7S-BS from Varta, 12v 7Ah, but 110Amps cranking power, it was the only one I could find at my local vendor that would fit my battery tray. Yeah, it is a bit small, but at least I can shove my alarm system control box next to the battery now, in the rubber battery box out of sight and away from the elements.
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine