Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1. #71 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Dear All,

it looks like that manuals for the Jetmax are no longer available for download from the CFMoto website: any chance anyone has a pdf copy? Also, my two months old Jetmax, less than 1000 km, has the battery flat (I just haven't used the scooter for a week!) and it doesn't start: any one kind enough to provide some information about where the battery compartment is, and what's a suitable battery charger?
    I know I should call the dealers (they are about 70km away), but I am not sure how they could help me apart from making me even more disappointed.
    Any advice is very welcome here...
    Thank you from Bedfordshire, UK.

2. #72 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by venez1 View Post
    Dear All,

it looks like that manuals for the Jetmax are no longer available for download from the CFMoto website: any chance anyone has a pdf copy? Also, my two months old Jetmax, less than 1000 km, has the battery flat (I just haven't used the scooter for a week!) and it doesn't start: any one kind enough to provide some information about where the battery compartment is, and what's a suitable battery charger?
    I know I should call the dealers (they are about 70km away), but I am not sure how they could help me apart from making me even more disappointed.
    Any advice is very welcome here...
    Thank you from Bedfordshire, UK.
    The manual I will PM you shortly. Just have to make sure I have it on this computer (at my office).

About the battery, unfortunately the Jetmax doesn't like not having the battery attended for a week give or take a day or two. I know that first hand am now on my 3rd battery, seems like one battery a year and I'm not using cheap batteries which are plentiful here in mainland China. If I could get a suitable Motobatt battery I would, but seems like none of the right model that fit are here. If you read all this thread you will find where the battery is located. But since I'm feeling generous, I can tell you that if you get down on your hands and knees :P beside the front wheel, look in as though you are trying to view behind the front mudguard you will see that there is a panel held in by two screws at the bottom of the panel. Inside this is the battery bay, and it is a tight arse fit getting in there with the wheel in the way. It is possible though to access the battery, and even remove it or refit the battery with the front wheel still on, but its a pain.

There is a neat trick though whereby you don't have to access the battery this way... get a battery charger or battery tender - a motorcycle friendly one with smaller alligator connectors is best, then open up the main glove box compartment on the Jetmax, and over on the right side near a black plug should be a long white fuse housing with a red positive cable entering and exiting each end. Open up that fuse holder (main fuse), exposing the metal of the fuse holder at one end, connect the positive side alligator clip of said battery charger, tender or what have you, then connect the negative side of the battery charger or battery tender to a ground of some kind. Naturally if you have a spare fully charged battery or are using jumper leads then this can still be done, its just being able to use connections of the right size in this application. Otherwise it means getting down and dirty accessing the battery from down at the front. If you plan on not using the Jetmax for several days or more, leave a battery tender in situ, connected to the main fuse as described above, it is what I do most of the time.

3. #73 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello Bikerdoc, thank you for your prompt reply and for your generous advice: very appreciated. I will give it a try soon and duly report, if the community should find this of any benefit.

4. #74 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Hi Bikerdoc

Just hit 12.000km and found the back tyre is shot back pads are shot as well maybe a bit to shot as i need the change the back disc now ... but found the right hand side engine mount spilt see picture i did hit a big pot hole last night but still bad for this part to go ... but what i need your advise on is that with all the work i am doing on the back i think it is time to check the V belt but the problem i am having is getting the V-belt cover of see picture .

Got all the bolts out and the cover movers ok but it wont just come of is it held on by the pulley nut in the picture. and is the pulley nut left or right hand ... your help and advice would be appreciated

bike x.jpg

bikexx.jpg

bikexxx.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #75 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Bikerdoc

Just hit 12.000km and found the back tyre is shot back pads are shot as well maybe a bit to shot as i need the change the back disc now ... but found the right hand side engine mount spilt see picture i did hit a big pot hole last night but still bad for this part to go ... but what i need your advise on is that with all the work i am doing on the back i think it is time to check the V belt but the problem i am having is getting the V-belt cover of see picture .

Got all the bolts out and the cover movers ok but it wont just come of is it held on by the pulley nut in the picture. and is the pulley nut left or right hand ... your help and advice would be appreciated

bike x.jpg

bikexx.jpg

bikexxx.jpg
    Hi Prince666 (whats that handle anyway, prince of darknEss? hahahaha)
    OK, the crack of the RHS rear sub swing-arm assembly is due to over stress. A big enough hit, like jumps and potholes will do that. Might have accumulated from a number of hits then hitting the pothole might have been the final hit. I've ridden mine 60K km without that happening, but I slow down whenever I encounter bad road conditions or what not, unlike another mate who rides his like he stole it (basically treats it like a dual purpose bike). His Jetmax's rear swing-arm suiffered the same fate as yours, so he had it specially welded up, though I think he bought a replacement in the end. I've followed him on his Jetmax more than once, and have often times cringed at just how abusive he is towards the scoot. Taking jumps of high berms and what not, then he complains about this or that not lasting etc. I just shake my head (our side joke - all arse, no class).

Accessing the final drive...
    Yes, you need to remove that nut to get the casing off. You need an impact driver to get the nut off, basically the same device used in most car tyre shops. I have a Milwaukee portable impact driver that does exactly that job. That nut can't really be removed any other way. Believe me, we've tried. Once you get that nut free, the rest is easy. Check the roller weights and the variable pulley ramp sides for wear. Best time to replace the rollers and final drive belt, though at only 12K km I think you'd find that the belt is okay. Take the belt off, you'll find that the width has reduced compared to original, check the inside for any cracking etc. - replace, otherwise should be good to reuse.
    Might be worth checking the clutch too while in there. Use some compressed air to blow the innards of the final drive assembly.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 08-29-2013 at 07:44 AM.

6. #76 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Hi bikerdoc

Thanks great help ok i need to buy impack driver ?? ok with the prince666 my famliy name is "prince" and you have lived in china a long time now so unlike in the west 666 is bad here in china the number "6"

The number 6 also represents wealth in Cantonese, this number is a homophone for (祿 Lok). 6 (六, Pinyin: liù) in Mandarin is pronounced the same as "liu" (溜, Pinyin: liù) and similar to "flow" (流, Pinyin: liú) and is therefore considered good for business.

so i have 3 times the good "wealth" so that clears that matter up heheh once and for all !

check the Clutch !!! does it have one ??

Thanks for your time ....
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #77 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    edited my reply to your original question so just a heads up to re-read my previous reply. Got it on the 六六六
    Lucky guy...

Yes clutch, in the rear its inside the "bell housing" on that rear shaft you need to undo/remove that nut, to get the casing off.

8. #78 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    "Accessing the final drive...
    Yes, you need to remove that nut to get the casing off. You need an impact driver to get the nut off, basically the same device used in most car tyre shops. I have a Milwaukee portable impact driver that does exactly that job. That nut can't really be removed any other way. Believe me, we've tried. Once you get that nut free, the rest is easy. Check the roller weights and the variable pulley ramp sides for wear. Best time to replace the rollers and final drive belt, though at only 12K km I think you'd find that the belt is okay. Take the belt off, you'll find that the width has reduced compared to original, check the inside for any cracking etc. - replace, otherwise should be good to reuse.
    Might be worth checking the clutch too while in there. Use some compressed air to blow the innards of the final drive assembly"

Hi Bikerdoc

Had a look at the cost of a "Milwaukee portable impact tool" on Taobao it was loads of RMB and when i looked at the chinese made ones cost was ok but with the milwaukee could undo nuts with 850NM the chinese ones was only 200NM so i decided to go a long the lines of why not buy a compressed air impact driver and a air compressor ??? impact driver was 200RMB and the air comressor was 1000 rmb compared to the milwaukee at nearly 4000 rmb the air compressor has 35 L and goes up to 8 BAR which is fine for the impact driver i went this way because now i have a Air line for cleaning out bits and i have a air line to check the bike and car tyres for the correct pressure because how many time have you gone into a tyre shop and asked them to check the tyre pressure on the bike and all there have done is kicked it and said "Its Fine" the shit head dont know just with +or- 6lb correct pressure in a tyre is not good ! so now i can check it my self
    All went well got the cover of checked the belt looked like new ... cleaned out all the other bits with my new air line and now i am justed waiting for all the new bits to come from CF then back on the road well thanks for your help hope to talk to you soon on other matters ....

9. #79 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    Good to go... then.
    Pop some links on here for the air compressor and the air driven impact driver so any one else looking for the same or similar items on Taobao can find where to start. I preferred the portability of the Milwaukee branded drive, so I went that route. I also bought myself a portable Milwaukee drill set at the same time. I had a electric drill but not a rechargeable one, so the two Milwaukee items have been a real help.

The issue with the tyres tends to be over inflation. I just had this very issue with the new tyre I had fitted to the rear rim of my AN650K7, where I took the wheel rim and new tyre into a car tyre shop and had them swap/replace the tyre. Again they over inflated the tyre by about 15psi. Then last Friday myself and two mates rode from Ningbo to Xiaoshan for the Winners Motorcycle Club 11th anniversary party. Midway, near the HZ Bay River, we stopped along the seawall at a Pagoda (it's a hidden gem midway between Shangyu & Shaoxing). One of my mates was riding his new Benelli when he starts complaining about the front handling - close to 100km/h the bike had a vague front end feeling with a vibration through the front end too. Me and the other mate both took the Benelli for a ride along the sea wall. Sure enough 90-100km/h plus the front felt "off". Pulled out my air compressor and air pressure gauge, check front and rear tyres to find that both were in-fact under-inflated 20psi each. The portable electronic air compressor got it sorted.

PS. Great party and location for the Winners Motorcycle Club 11th anniversary. Harley Davidson also opened a new shop in Xiaoshan, and had their opening party on Saturday night. :)

10. #80 Re: 2010 CFMoto Jetmax 250 Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi there

I've seen various references to the CVT belt, but other than one dealer in the USA, I've been unable to find a replacement on-line. I've tried the Chines Ebay type site, but am unable to understand Chinese.

Anyone have any tips on where to purchase?

Many thanks
    John

( I have the belt details etc)

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast