Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. #81 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by thedirtypickle View Post
    That sprocket is next, because everyone says they love theirs much better after the 16tooth install.

What is the normal temp these little bikes are supposed to hover around? Mines rolling around the 210deg [+/- 30deg].

I feel better now, I took all of that emissions stuff off and it seems a little cooler and smoother (that's a word right? smoother-est-ful?...)

Yeppers, The rpms are a little high. My vapor is still not setup correctly, Has anyone put this in? The rmps are very jumpy and wierd. I think I need to figure out the fire-ing config. Most 1cyl. engines fire once per revolution, so that's what I set it to. Maybe I'll find the low-voltage direct connect rather than doing the spark plug wrap-around...

I think this thread would be better off in the enduro section. Either way, Your input is valuable to me.

Thanks for your time,
    Greg
    Hey dirty pickle, on the fire-ing configuration, the cylinder is fired overy other stroke, thats what 4-stroke means. The piston fires, does a down stroke, up stroke(with no fire), down again, then up and fires. Thats the four strokes. A two stroke fires every time the piston comes up. Just about any motorcycle now is a four stroke, even the motocross bikes. The two strokes are the ones that sound like a chainsaw and burn a mixture of gas and oil.

2. #82 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    Quote Originally Posted by thedirtypickle View Post
    Its all about Tue can you choose. There are cans that make loud tinny farty sounds. There are ones that are plain loud and obnoxious. BUT there are cans that sound good; good, meaning that they output a deep roar (like mine). You have to get one that resonates correctly with your bike, and that is the big problem because they usually cost about a bill each time. :(

Good luck on your choice.
    Too loud is too loud in my book no matter how good some one thinks it sounds.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #83 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by big irish View Post
    Hey dirty pickle, on the fire-ing configuration, the cylinder is fired overy other stroke, thats what 4-stroke means. The piston fires, does a down stroke, up stroke(with no fire), down again, then up and fires. Thats the four strokes. A two stroke fires every time the piston comes up. Just about any motorcycle now is a four stroke, even the motocross bikes. The two strokes are the ones that sound like a chainsaw and burn a mixture of gas and oil.
    You're absolutely right!
    What I was trying to convey was that the spark plug fires EVERY revolution regardless of combustion or not on most smaller scoots and motorcycles. I does not matter if the spark plug fires on the exhaust cycle as there are no more ignitable particles left.

Sorry bout the craziness.

BTW, I switched back to the 127 jet because I was struggling to stay at 55mph at times, but it is all better now.

4. #84 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Now that my bike is broken in, it is gaining power. I wanna get an oil cooler put in but I have to do some research as to the complications and the places to put said oil cooler.
    We'll see I post pictures if its a go

5. #85 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    you could mount it like how the 250's oil cooler is mounted
    14.jpg

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789