Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Tracks in , Kidneys Hurt ! 
    Master of Thump
    We just put in our two acre Motocross ATV track this weekend . Road it hard today trying to make good lines for my bikes and the track itself. It is going to take allot of run time to get it where we want it , or I want it I should say . :blink:
    Even using the Case Loader Back-Hoe tracktor it needs to have like 100 bikes riding on it for a week to get it smoothed down and lines cut into it for the bikes to run smooother on it . It is quite rutty and bumpy right now with only two bikes on it running several hours today . Plus it did not rain like they promised me, so all I could do was my best Ricky Carmicheal impressions in first and second and third gear cutting lines in the dirt . It is too bumpy right now for anything faster . My kidneys actually hurt today, between the Back-Hoe for 7 hours and todays riding three different bikes to check out my work on the track . Tuesday will be a painfull day at work . :biggrin:
    I am sooooooo impressed with the Viva 250 dirtbike , what a machine it is. It loved this track today, but it keeps telling me to go faster man go faster . I think its trying to kill me :biggrin:
    This bike has adjustable dampeners and ride soft and hard settings on the fork tubes that are hand tunable , even while riding, so it is very nice to have that today . Man I beat myself up , but it was worth every minute. In a month or two this track will come into its own for sure . Made for me and my mate, exactly what we want it to be like. Now thats a cool ride !
    Hey, where are all the Moto-Crossers on this forum ? ! ? ! Speak up and post would ya, I feel alone here :helpsmilie:
    Well that was our ride today . Nice to have your own custom two acre track indeed . The little ATV67 from Rocketa , thier race model ATV is really nice out here for my Fiance' . And to finally have a good place to use it thats safe and close . Hell, we have an esspresso machine right in the backdoor of the hosue too, so ride up and I will Latte' your motorcycle butts if anyone actually shows up some year to ride our track with us . Give me some notice and you can probably even spend the night , if you bring Prawns to cook !!!!

Cheers, thats my day of riding, I am done, hurting now, ouch, good day , Snortin Norton out

Will get some pics out soon of the track, just too tired tonight for it .

Cheers, Snortin Norton
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 05-27-2008 at 01:43 AM. Reason: more crappy spelling