Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 173 of 634 FirstFirst ... 23123153163171172173174175183193223323 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 6336
  1. #1721 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Yes, I spotted a fresh Barnone post in advrider yesterday, and pinged him a PM. Hope he hasn't abandoned this peerless DF bobber thread, but I'm happy to respect his privacy now that I know he's not sprawled in some forgotten gulch somewhere having his innards recycled by maggots...

cheers!
    Dear all,

Quick update on Barnone: He PMed me overnight to say he's fine and will check in with MCM soon.

Very glad to hear it!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #1722 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Glad to hear he is well...he is like the POPE of the DF Bobber. Thanks to him I think most of us are riding this awesome bike.I know I have to say if it wasn't for him and this thread..I may not own mine.I am glad I do and I have so much fun riding it.
    had to have scooterdepot send me a new tank,the original started to leak again,even after the jb weld quick fix.Unfortunately they had to send me a gloss black,my bike is all matte black..looks o.k. but I am just using it until I purchase a better tank.
    Pulled the trigger on a set of used saddle bags,waiting for them to come in so I can work on mounting them on.Will get that done and take pictures,post later. ride safe ya'll.

3. #1723 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Bowtie

I have a flat black tank that you can have. Problem is the cap & my key. Once I release the cap, how can I free the key. Must be a way to duplicate the pressure the tank hole does to the cap, allowing a key to be pulled out. Any ideas out there?

4. #1724 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Bowtie

I have a flat black tank that you can have. Problem is the cap & my key. Once I release the cap, how can I free the key. Must be a way to duplicate the pressure the tank hole does to the cap, allowing a key to be pulled out. Any ideas out there?
    I appreciate the offer on the tank..but the one I am looking at is what i am after..
    now with the key.I suggest that you get another key made for a couple bucks,use that on the cap and forget about it.not worth the trouble of trying to free the cheap key.I do not know if the caps will work on any other tank but this one,I do not have one to compare too..but I know that most after market tanks..as well as the industry uses the same basic format for them.

5. #1725 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Which tank, Barnone and Garbo had some good types that would work well. Remember to respect tunnel width.

6. #1726 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Its a local guy who is making it for me.. good price,and should fit well,as he is taking my dimensions to make it. simple but old skool.

7. #1727 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Good to hear that barnone is well. I agree with bowtie... barnone is definitely the Pope of the DF 250. I had no idea what I bought until I found this thread. The information here has been so invaluable. Of course, I have learned many things about my bike from everybody participating in this forum, for that barnone gets the highest praise from me. Thank you sir, I am glad you are well. =)
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

8. #1728 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbujor View Post
    can someone recap this whole posting to give me the mods done to improve performance for the bobber? I have the 250rtc and plan on doing a few mods:
    34t rear sproclet, ngk sparkplug, racing sparkplug harness from autozone, adding more ground wires so the bike cranks up easier
    Did adding more ground wires help the startup?
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

9. #1729 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    bobber250

Having trouble with the PM posting, regarding getting the logo proof to you, e-mail your address & I will mail (only a couple of days between us).
    inspects@comcast.net

Strange problem with my petcock. (New Pingel) not enough fuel when switched to 'on', fine at 'res'. Checked filter, fine. I doubt it's a mfg. issue, I wonder sense I painted tank with the cap off, if the primer or base coats (that wasn't gas proof) could be desolved & clogging the petcock screen. But why would 'res' not be affected as well? Could it be the teflon (gas rated) tape on petcock treads,loose in the tank?
    Did not 'coat new tank's interior, could the tank have been that dirty new?
    Thinking out loud with you. I'm going to have to remove petcock & check for all of the above.
    Finally 50 degrees got to ride yesterday after discovering the 'res' would give me gas.
    Really enjoy the nimble nature of the DF. Ride is fine for the hard tail. Need to adjust Indian horn out front, the front fork travel is more than I expected. Tapping top of fender with extreme bumps.
    Mirrors suck due to coming loose, our handle holes allow for optional replacement? Has any one found a source for quality mirrors?

10. #1730 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Here is a place to get "quality" mirrors. Note that the price is for EACH (1). The Bonneville SE & scrambler have 7/8" handle bars: Bar End Mirrors for the New Triumph Bonneville

I bought the cheap ones from ebay and used green locktite on the blind screw ends,on the back of the face. (If those screws vibrate loose,there is NO way to tighten them).
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)