Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 275 of 634 FirstFirst ... 125225255265273274275276277285295325425 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 6336
  1. #2741 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    The aluminum clutch lever assembly it self cracked. Ill see if I remember to take a picture of it if I remember. Yea the weathers nice but right now it's raining. So lets see what tomorrow brings?
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

2. #2742 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Mine without the tank cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gurllgY_SUg

3. #2743 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Here's the photo.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

4. #2744 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post

Here's the photo.
    That looks pretty messed up. What is your plan to fix it? I wonder if you could connect the jumpers on both safety switch wires together and use a generic clutch lever??
    As for my clutch lever problem, I got some steel inserts of the same size thread as trhe housing originals that im putting in after I drill and retap both holes. I should be able to crank it on the handlebar halfway tight after that.

BTW, Thanks everybody who replied about my request for chrome turn signals, headlight and speedometer. I picked some up so i no longer need them.

5. #2745 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Welcome Crelow, I like really like your Black turns and Headlite looks good with the blue. Strange how they are all a bit diff.
    Bet the Clutch lever was damaged and pre cracked in shipping to the US before you got it.
    Any early Honda from the 70s lever housing is about the same and should work. But that does not help with all the switches. Id order a new one while your away.
    Ive done a few simple Farkle mods is all lately. I found a nice fitting chrome fork center screw cover that came in a 2 pack for yamaha side fork bolts that fit the center Bolt perfect. My buddie used the other one on his DF. I Made a polished aluim exhaust insert for the inside of tip
    ( I dont really know if I like the chrome look on the inside of the exhaust that much though) installed my grips, helmet lock, and a few minor other things. Ill post pics and more info later. I did install my high speed jet changed out the 88 for a 105, damm that made my bike run good. Im going to throw in a 45 idle jet in next and see if it warms up a bit quicker, too cold blooded yet. Revs super smooth now after re-tweaking the carb idle and air mix screw. Still love working on this simple bike.
    Anyhow glad you joined the DF crew Crelow!
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

6. #2746 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I guess the perch is seperate, dahhh. The bolt holes of a old honda perch should match perfect.
    I just got an exhaust heat sink finned ring from a old 72 honda rebel and the manifold bolts are spaced the same as an example. I will install it asap.

7. #2747 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    I did install my high speed jet changed out the 88 for a 105, damm that made my bike run good. :
    Did your buddy swap his jet out too, or did his carb have a better stock one? My bike runs premo the way it is. BTW, does your buddy bike have chrome or black headlight, etc? I wonder if they went to black from chrome on the DECEMBER models when they changed the carb jet??

8. #2748 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    His has blacked out Tail lite and turn sigs and speedo. Its a DEC 2010 build His also had the 105 bigger main jet so we only had to unclog his idle jet as his bike would not start.
    Mine was a Nov build with Chrome everything but it had the smaller jet of 88 so I put in a 105. Is yours a Dec or Nov build? Also the Dec Builds have a large triangular plate welded in above the fake oil tank on his frame. he also had a front fork brake oil line bracket on his fork, mine did not so I made one. Let us know.

9. #2749 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Here are a few new photos of dress up stuff for the DF. The chrome exhaust insert and the chrome frame cover and the seat bracket chrome is made from 1/32 thick soft aluiminum I got from innovative hobbiy supply. It can be polished with rubbing compound/ washed with soap and hot water/ cut to shape and then bent just by finger pressure and then mounted with 3M outdoor mounting tape. The stuff looks pretty amazing. I will post the stock number of the sheet supply when I find it. They also sell a adhesive backed ez chrome kit for plastic parts that is way thinner, this is not that but
    about 1/32 thick and so soft it cuts with just a scissors like butter and polishes to a chrome finish. One can get pretty creative here. The Fork bolt cover kit is made by Star and is for Yamahas. I havent installed the exhaust piece yet as I dont know if I like the way it looks? IMG_3322 Top frame chrome.jpgIMG_3325 Chrome seat mono spring bracket chrome insert.jpgIMG_3330 Close up chrome frame cover.jpgIMG_3344 exhaust insert out.jpgIMG_3349 helmet Lock.jpg
    Last edited by Goodbar; 02-10-2013 at 03:51 AM.

10. #2750 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    IMG_3360 chrome billet fork bolt cover.jpg
    Billet Fork bolt cover comes in a 2 pack for about 40 bucks, great if you have someone that wants one. i installed one on my bike also.