Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 468 of 634 FirstFirst ... 318418448458466467468469470478488518618 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 6336
  1. #4671 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well not that cold here in TX yet but my DF is for recreational riding so I havent rode in a month. Would like to fix some of the things wrong with it but funds are still limited. Just paid my property taxes and Christmas is around the corner so Im stuck. To top it off my Wife's oldest Son stole $200 from me and I live paycheck to paycheck so this put a hurt on my finances even more.

2. #4672 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Haven't ridden in a month as I have been working on her, but too busy from my job to get anything done. I still have to take the chain off to get it measured out so I can order a new one. Plus working the bracket for my new seat. But the weather has been real good fro riding and I am not able to.. been pretty bummed. oh well we will see what the next couple weeks bring me around here.

3. #4673 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I know already posted a video, but I have this for sale locally for shyts and giggles to see how much I can get. I did a walk around and spliced it in with the ride video i posted previously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_MnLwsvdqs
    2012 DF RTB_A
    Satin black, 35 tooth rear

4. #4674 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    I know already posted a video, but I have this for sale locally for shyts and giggles to see how much I can get. I did a walk around and spliced it in with the ride video i posted previously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_MnLwsvdqs
    Nice bike Bob. Cool looking air filter btw.

I have to buy a car for my Wife come Feb but I told her that the following year it will be time for me to upgrade to a bigger bike. I got the usual "but you already have one and you hardly ride it" yadayadayada LOL.

No biggie, my DF will be ready for next summer. Right now Im making room in my one car garage mancave for her to keep her out of the cold.

Should have done that from the start.

5. #4675 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Nice bike Bob. Cool looking air filter btw.
    you can have one too

what:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post61008

how:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post61004

6. #4676 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    so ive went and picked this up today for a measly 500$
    savage (6) (Large).jpg
    its a single cylinder 652cc with what ive read a stock 30hp on paper, a real 24hp to the rear wheel.
    well im going to try and put it in the DF this winter...
    Measured it will be a very tight fit with no room to spare, but i think i can get it done.
    That or bob it out... ive seen some nice bobbers made from this bike, I just like my DF more right now...

Now before I have to hear all the nay sayers start telling how the frame is inferior on the DF, well ya i know i dont plan on tearing up the pavement, so i dont much care about that.

the massive head and cylinder body just dwarfs the DF, but it should just fit...
    savage (3) (Large).jpg
    The exhaust pipe is going to be an issue though, ill need to make or have made, a custom...

Just needed to put an end to the pathetic engine issues.
    Also I went 650 so i could be sure to keep up with gardo on his bike
    Last edited by axa; 11-09-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail

7. #4677 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    so ive went and picked this up today for a measly 500$
    savage (6) (Large).jpg
    its a single cylinder 652cc with what ive read a stock 30hp on paper, a real 24hp to the rear wheel.
    well im going to try and put it in the DF this winter...
    Measured it will be a very tight fit with no room to spare, but i think i can get it done.
    That or bob it out... ive seen some nice bobbers made from this bike, I just like my DF more right now...

Now before I have to hear all the nay sayers start telling how the frame is inferior on the DF, well ya i know i dont plan on tearing up the pavement, so i dont much care about that.

the massive head and cylinder body just dwarfs the DF, but it should just fit...
    savage (3) (Large).jpg
    The exhaust pipe is going to be an issue though, ill need to make or have made, a custom...

Just needed to put an end to the pathetic engine issues.
    Also I went 650 so i could be sure to keep up with gardo on his bike
    Holly crap that's a nice bike for $500!!. What is it? Is it another Chinese bike? If I found that I would just sell my DF and ride that beast because that is about the size Im looking to upgrade too.

8. #4678 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    axa,
    Hell of a buy on the Suzuki Savage. I always wanted to try one. Nice and simple bike, the kind I like.

I guess you know about the kits and parts at http://www.rycamotors.com/bikes/RR1/kit/index.html
    rr1-01.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #4679 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    axa,
    Hell of a buy on the Suzuki Savage. I always wanted to try one. Nice and simple bike, the kind I like.

I guess you know about the kits and parts at http://www.rycamotors.com/bikes/RR1/kit/index.html
    as he said, it's an LS650 Japanese Suzuki.
    I got turned on to this bike when looking into solving the DF lack of engine problem...
    But with only 6500 miles it seems such a waste to turn into a carcass.
    A real steal, listed on craigslist at 11am Friday, I took off work to start the 90 mile drive, I was going to stake out his home, but he called on the way and I had it by 4pm.

yes I've stumbled past the Ryca kits, I dismissed them at the time believing the kits were a bit pricey and i'd be spending much more to get in the first place.
    I actually dont mind the idea of no tools bolt on everything, but Ive already found a guy not too far away, that does weld on hardtails even cheaper...
    He also does a big bore, head work, carb, pipe... And the rest of the kit can be had else where cheaper.

There's just such a larger community of enthusiasts for non Chinese bikes. more opportunities.
    But this is a discussion for another thread.
    Last edited by axa; 11-11-2013 at 09:54 PM.

10. #4680 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Holly crap that's a nice bike for $500!!. What is it? Is it another Chinese bike? If I found that I would just sell my DF and ride that beast because that is about the size Im looking to upgrade too.
    keep your eye open on craigslist for suzuki savage, or suzuki s40 or LS650, i noticed the cheapest were in the south near u.
    Even though these bikes are 652cc stock, at only 24hp, and a low seat height of 27" stock, people quickly out grow them and dont think to modify engine for power, or foot pegs for reach...
    There is lots of potential here.