Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234561424 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    The only complaint that I have about this bike is with the size of the handlebar grips. They are simply too small (girth-wise) and it hurts my hands to hold them after a short period of time. My hands are terribly big, average I'd say, I guess it's just that this bike was made for Chinese people... who typically have smaller hands? . I know for a fact that my wife's hands are tiny .
    Grip 2.jpgGrip 1.jpg

I've got to get something done with these grips before my first long ride. It'll be agony otherwise.
    Last edited by soberpete; 04-21-2011 at 12:14 AM.

2. #32 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    The left-hand grip:
    Sidelights, headlights and high-beams with a convenient high-beam flasher (the little red trigger at the top) which I love.
    The indicators/ signals are nice and bright.
    The horn is very loud and crisp without hurting your ears which doesn't make me seem like an arseh*le on the road.
    Left 1.jpgLeft 2.jpg

The right-hand grip:
    Big red kill switch.
    Electric starter. Sounds great when it starts up. Just two or three strokes of the engine and then Bbbrrrmmmhhh!
    Right 1.jpgRight 2.jpg
    Last edited by soberpete; 04-21-2011 at 12:22 AM.

3. #33 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Took the bike out for a quick 30-40km ride in the local hills, when Pete was away this weekend, had a chance to ride some proper corners!

The bike handles seriously well! No muscle is required to introduce the bike into any corner, bike seems to drop into the corners. The 17 inch wheels with the Sakura Street-Shark tires are a great combination, a very confidence inspiring ride. I was always wary just because it is such a new bike and not mine though.
    Indeed it does hand seriously well. I drove down a clear rode the other day, weaving in and out of the white lines in the middle of the road; the bike just seems to bounce from side to side like it's on springs. Feels really light and I can't wait to get it up those twisty mountain roads!
    I trust you completely but thanks for being extra cautious.

4. #34 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    That's all for today. I still have more photos and things that I want to show you guys but I have to go to work soon followed by an overnight train to Beijing. Will be back late on Monday and should have time to make some more posts on Tuesday.

5. #35 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Really nice bike you've got there! Yamaha did a great job with designing the appearance of the YBR, which is great, but almost makes it a tad difficult to tack stuff on and keep the smooth lines.

I wish my sweety would've opted for the YBR250 instead of the 125 ... but then, of course, she'd probably never get a chance to ride it!

By the way, many people say the YBR250 is soooooo expensive, but it is actually less expensive in China than what it sells for in many other markets.

Great choice! Enjoy.

PS: Zibo sky & ground looks like Beijing's grey / brown.

6. #36 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Really nice bike you've got there! Yamaha did a great job with designing the appearance of the YBR, which is great, but almost makes it a tad difficult to tack stuff on and keep the smooth lines.

I wish my sweety would've opted for the YBR250 instead of the 125 ... but then, of course, she'd probably never get a chance to ride it!

By the way, many people say the YBR250 is soooooo expensive, but it is actually less expensive in China than what it sells for in many other markets.

Great choice! Enjoy.

PS: Zibo sky & ground looks like Beijing's grey / brown.
    Yeah, it's a sleek bike and very comfy too. I'm going to get a set of frame sliders on there but not much else.

I count myself to be very lucky. When I told my wife that I wanted to spend almost 24,000 on a new bike she didn't even freak out . She agreed that if it lasts me ten years without too many problems then spending that much on it would be a very good deal. It costs 40,000rmb in the U.K. for one of these bikes. They may have better welds but I prefer the deal I got here in China .

Zibo is certainly dull and gray. There is usually a week or two of really nice clear weather over here in the summer. I'll do my utmost to get some photos of the bike in a nice location (far from Zibo) during that time.

7. #37 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    The Front and rear wheels have holes in them that reveal an almost hollowed out interior. Weight reduction perhaps?
    Wheel 1.jpgWheel 2.jpg
    Tire 5.jpgWheel 3.jpg
    Last edited by soberpete; 04-21-2011 at 12:28 AM.

8. #38 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    The headlight gives a really nice, wide arc of light that fills the road up ahead. This may seem like a really petty appreciation but my old JD150-15 headlight always used to sink to the left hand side with the high beam somehow always too far too the right . I was constantly adjusting it and it frustrated the hell out of me. I now have something that takes care of itself .
    Headlight.jpg

The rear light... I have no comment on it because I'm usually looking ahead. Let me know what you think of them if you're ever riding behind me . ZMC888, you might be in a position to make the first comment on my rear light sometime soon.
    Taillight 2.jpgTaillight 1.jpg
    Last edited by soberpete; 04-21-2011 at 12:33 AM.

9. #39 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    Nice bike Pete!

For your grips issue, maybe just slap a pair of these on. Cheep and cheerful, they're dead easy to put on and they'll add a bit girth.

10. #40 Re: Soberpete's YBR 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    Thanks Felix. I like the look of those grips but I already have some plans to get something similar soon. If the guy (they call him Papa Smurf) doesn't get some in soon then I'll ask my wife to help me get some of those off of the internet.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234561424 ... LastLast