Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 10 of 171 FirstFirst ... 89101112203060160 ... LastLast
  1. #91 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    I've enjoyed reading everyone's dialog on tha Heist. I'm from the Cleveland area, so it's good to see something from Cleveland is finally popular! I went to a shop in Westlake that had tha Heist a few weeks ago, unfortunately it was raining that day, so we could get one running to see, but I got to sit on one, etc.

Gardo, ever wrap your exhaust? If so I'd like to see pics, I really like that look and thought if I bought one I might do the same.

I got my motorcycle permit earlier this week, piece of cake. I've never actually been on a motorcycle though. You guys think this would be a good learning bike (seems so, as it's light and not overly powered). I was going to take a safety course to learn, but they're booked up solid in my area until August and I don't think I can wait that long, though with our crappy weather it might be that long before I can ride anyways :D

Any useful advice or tips as far as this bike is concerned? I think I'm going to look at them again and hopefully see one running tomorrow.

Oh, also I'm about 6' tall, I had concerns this bike might be slightly uncomfortable over time, due to having longer legs, any taller folks here who can confirm or deny? To be fair, the seat wasn't mounted all of the way back on the bike I sat on, maybe moving it back would help.

205789_1910045224738_1050070175_2222926_5306407_n.jpg

2. #92 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    turner -

This bike was built for people like you. Keep your head about you and you'll be okay. Absolutely take the class. Best thing I ever did as a rider.

The engine size is small, but there is plenty to get yourself in quick trouble, especially without much seat time.

Don't forget it's a damn chopper. Not only will you be learning to ride but you'll be learning to ride a rigid frame chopper. Be prepared to pop out of the seat over some bumps. Maybe even keep it stock for a while, just while you get a feel for the road. You don't wanna be "that guy". People will be watching you anyway on this bike. CCW shoulda called it "tha old dude magnet".

amiright? randoms just creep up on you at red lights and admire you. wtf. I didn't sign up for that.

Oh, and uhhh, I don't hit 6' while on stilts so, yeh can't help ya there.

good luck man.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

3. #93 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Believe me, I'm old enough now (29) that most of my daredevil days are behind me, I've got a family to worry about. I don't plan to go crazy or fast...at least not immediately ;)

Since I can't get into a class I plan to learn on backstreets around my neighborhood, they're damn near dead from a traffic standpoint, I'll probably still sign up for a safety course, but in the meantime I'll get some seat time in and get comfortable on whatever bike I end up buying.

My dad is a big time Harley guy, he wasn't super impressed with the bike, but he also works at Timken Steel and preaches "buy american" to everyone and hates all things foreign. At any rate, he didn't trash talk the bike either, which I think is a first.

Thanks for responding kb96gt

4. #94 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by turner82 View Post
    I've enjoyed reading everyone's dialog on tha Heist. I'm from the Cleveland area, so it's good to see something from Cleveland is finally popular! I went to a shop in Westlake that had tha Heist a few weeks ago, unfortunately it was raining that day, so we could get one running to see, but I got to sit on one, etc.

Gardo, ever wrap your exhaust? If so I'd like to see pics, I really like that look and thought if I bought one I might do the same.

I got my motorcycle permit earlier this week, piece of cake. I've never actually been on a motorcycle though. You guys think this would be a good learning bike (seems so, as it's light and not overly powered). I was going to take a safety course to learn, but they're booked up solid in my area until August and I don't think I can wait that long, though with our crappy weather it might be that long before I can ride anyways :D

Any useful advice or tips as far as this bike is concerned? I think I'm going to look at them again and hopefully see one running tomorrow.

Oh, also I'm about 6' tall, I had concerns this bike might be slightly uncomfortable over time, due to having longer legs, any taller folks here who can confirm or deny? To be fair, the seat wasn't mounted all of the way back on the bike I sat on, maybe moving it back would help.

205789_1910045224738_1050070175_2222926_5306407_n.jpg
    Turner first up welcome to the forums and do the Motorcycle Safety Coarse. There is a lot of great information, and people on these boards.

i did indeed wrap my pipe, will need to dig out a good picture of it.

as far as the bike is concerned its a great bike, excellent for beginner and vet alike. i have a buddy that is 6'2 and fit on the bike thought the ride was pretty good ride. I'm 5'8" and stretched out on the bike I have my seat mounted all the way back and it really improved the comfort on the bike.

now to be fair I don't have a stock seat. i had one custom made in Red snake skin leather that had extra padding.

I also had the pipe customized and getting the carb retuned for it. I also swapped the bars and mirrors and a few other touches just to make the bike Mine.

i put 500 miles on the bike in just about 10 days and she rides like a champ. I have some vids up of me running on the highways in NJ with the bike. I wouldn't suggest long runs on an interstate though because the bike is too light for that. other than that i ride the hell out of it and will be taking the run up to Americade. It will be about 5 hrs on the bike. Now with a rigid frame I suggest a kidney belt if you will be riding more than an hour.

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

BTW I got my Heist on the 9th of April so you can do the math. matter of fact I just got in from work in NYC and i live in NJ. She runs real nice and is steady at 50 -65mph above that the bike gets a bit light.

there is so many things that you can do with this bike to personalize it, from rattle can paint job to lights and mirrors even performance mods

check this out

My Old man is a HD guy and so are my brothers, they really do dig the bike. I just think that they are happy that I can ride with them now. My brother Mike likes to leave me behind but I catch up....eventually he has a 1600cc Fat Bob. the old man has a Road King and so on and such.

I got invited out by one of the local MC clubs to hang out. I have been well received while on the bike. And Kev i get more old bikers checking out the bike than anything. But the women in NYC loved it too
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #95 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    As promiced

Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

6. #96 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Very Nice!

And thanks for the replies, glad to know you guys are enjoying the bike.

7. #97 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Turner let us know how it goes.
    I just rewrapped my pipe and sprayed it down black with the hitemp silicone looks good so far, waiting for it to dry and then will put it back on the bike. I might invest in a pipe bender and a mig welder and build a strait pipe so i can add the kickstart lever to the bike.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #98 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Turner, I am sure the Heist will be ok for a first bike, but I am of the opinion that dirt bikes/dual sports are better learning bikes. The Hooligun from CCW would be a better bike, but again, just my opinion.

And Gardo--your bike seems to look better and better every time you post new photos!!!

9. #99 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    I wrote another post what to get, and I think this is what to get. I live in the Detroit area, where can I get one?

10. #100 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by roncreewall View Post
    I wrote another post what to get, and I think this is what to get. I live in the Detroit area, where can I get one?
    Ron I checked PITMotorsLTD site and didn't see a dealer in your area, but if you are interested drop the guys a line or call them, and they will help you out. Email Bret or Alan.
    http://pitmotorsltd.com/pitl1_011.htm or you can drop them a line via their comments section http://69.94.71.7/forms/comments/comments.html
    If you are really interested drop my name.

Gardo
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

Page 10 of 171 FirstFirst ... 89101112203060160 ... LastLast