Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. #61 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Years ago, I put a Yamaha XT 250 engine in a XT 200 frame, had to tip the moter out to adjust the valves. No very convienent.
    If I was going to put money into my JH 150GY-2, I would rebuild the forks and find another shock.

2. #62 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    I went for a ride yesterday. I was to lazy to cover my bike for last 2 weeks and it became really filthy. As for me it was still to cold to enjoy the ride. Today I guess should be better. Anyway, I took my bike to a chinese car wash, two old guys washed it with the karcher and later with sponges... yes they washed the chain also what shouldnt have happened and i guess there was some water that went into exhaust but for 10rmb my bike looks like new.
    JH-150GY-3

3. #63 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    The guys on motofans wrote something about other guys whose sprocket screw got loose and it cut off the other srews. i dont know how to translate it:
    最近身边发生了2起后链轮4个固定螺丝半路断掉,抛锚的事件, 一个车9000公里,另一个才1500公里
    。 这个情况不多见,但是最近却连续发生在身边,使我出去玩都提心吊胆的怕坏在半路,难道是螺丝质量问题,禁不 起大扭力折腾? 可我也跑了快1w公里,还有朋友跑了近3w公里了也没发生这样的悲剧呀

经过论坛里还有群里讨论,我觉得下面的原因比较靠谱,特此提醒各位注意检查一下:
    如果后链盘上4个螺丝的螺母松了,一定要紧固,
    螺丝断掉很可能是因为固定螺母松掉所致。

试想一下,如果4个里面有2个螺丝松掉了,那麽这2个螺丝基本就不受力了,而本应由4颗螺丝承担的全部驱动 力就都落到了剩下的两个螺丝上,很容易断掉,如果它们先断掉了,那麽松动的两个螺丝也就会自然成为受力者, 接着断掉。这个问题不仅会发生在翼狭车上,同样也会发生在其他摩托上,当然这样的越野车,如果能多两颗脸盘 固定螺丝就好了。

如果真是这样,那麽1500公里就断掉螺丝,相信是因为车出厂时那四颗螺丝就没有拧紧造成的。
    还好我换过链盘,亲手拧上的那四颗螺丝,现在还没有断掉

链盘螺丝松动使四个接触的缓冲套受力不均,会使原本脆弱的缓冲套跟容易损坏。

I'm not even sure if its about Jialing.

Could anyone recommend different rear suspension for my bike? Taobao link would be great:)
    JH-150GY-3

4. #64 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    Mines area, I'm not even sure exactly where it was
    a.jpgIMG_8177.jpgIMG_8178.jpgIMG_8181.jpgIMG_8161.jpg
    JH-150GY-3

5. #65 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    Hey Filipu,

long time no see. The pictures look great. No clue how to get there again?
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

6. #66 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    I ll try to figure it out. I could go there again but I can't find it on the map.I thought I prefer to ride alone but today I got really bored so I'd be happy for a company next time:)I did this today. About 300km from Xizhimen in total. This roads are really really amazing!
    Zrzut ekranu 2012-04-15 o 6.36.48 PM.jpg
    No problems with my Jialing recently. DaiBu is thinking about 250ccm engine replacement. I might do the same. On the other side as you said about the small tank, with 150ccm today I was really worried today that I will run out of gas at some point in mountains.
    Last edited by filipu; 04-15-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    JH-150GY-3

7. #67 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    Hey community!

I think one of the best ways to illustrate how satisfied I am with the JH-150GY-3 is to tell you that I ordered a second one yesterday. I will hand my first one over to my gf and ride the new one myself. I was thinking of buying a Galaxy XTR 250 ADV but in the end the lacking support infrastructure in Beijing, the unsupportive sales Team at Galaxy and the cheaper price were decisive factors. Also, with two identical bikes, I don't have to learn any new bike specs and don't have to order new spare parts.

Last but not least, during my trip in Sichuan, Gansu and Shaanxi, the bike not once let me down, so I think it is a good choice. Might play with the gearing in the future to get a little more top speed and a little less consumption. Filipu, how do you feel with your 38 (instead of 42) rear sprocket in combination with the O-ring chain? I am still driving stock chain and sprockets without problems (except for low top speed).
    JH-150GY-3

8. #68 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    Hey, I had to buy myself a new sprocket to replace it with the chain and I bought again 39. Well I can't say the difference between 42 and 39 but 39 is fine. The chain looks massive. The stock chain compared to X ring looks like bicycle chain. I had problems with stock chain all the time, getting loose, got rusty. I don't know why it's different with yours. I used two and now I hope the x ring will last longer. There is a massive amount of thick oil coming out of the x-ring. i don't know if it is normal. On 39 sprocket I ride 105km/h maybe. But I think the meter is lying and it's just 95.

I,m also happy with my Jialing, I would consider going on it to Europe as Richard says the parts are so universal for this bike. If I move to Malaysia next year I will go on this bike. Last weekend while I was riding the rubber fuel tube has broken, I had a leak and if not my passenger who noticed that I would run out of fuel. It was easy to fix and made me proud to fix something on my own finally. In front of a female passenger especially hehe.

I have a creaking or squeak noise ( i don't know which word is the right one) coming from my bike recently. Probably shocks. Does anyone know what I should do about it? Do you oil shocks? I've never done it so far :/
    JH-150GY-3

9. #69 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    New Jialing is also blue? Did you order it from the same guys? Our insurance will run out soon right? What are you planning to do about it? Do we need the inspection of the bike after first year?
    JH-150GY-3

10. #70 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    I found out my insurance already expired in April ( so my whole sichuan gansu adventure was uninsured) probably it was the insurance of the first owner.

So I will bring my bike to Beijing Riders next week and tell them to renew insurance (and tires)

New bike I bought at the place the motorfans told us about. Seems to be as good (or bad) as any other chinese bike shop. Bike comes with 京B plates (on the shop) and insurance...
    Last edited by fahni; 06-27-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    JH-150GY-3

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast