Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3132122232425 ... LastLast
  1. #221 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Congratulations Nicolast! I cannot wait for the new 'facts' thread.

I still haven't had a chance to try one, but even in xi'an i've seen a few on the streets now. They seem to be gaining popularity quite fast so that's gotta be a good thing.

2. #222 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    Yeah!!! Finally! We're all waiting!
    I'm looking forward to this .
    Nicolas, how far have you taken the YBR250? Any issues you can tell us about?

3. #223 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    Went to their shop in HuJu Road (Nanjing) again and saw a batch of new bikes there. Must be the next product run. The no-brand brakes (Brembo-like ones) are branded "Benelli" now.
    Did they also change the front fender?
    Old:

New:

4. #224 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by soberpete View Post
    I'm looking forward to this .
    Nicolas, how far have you taken the YBR250? Any issues you can tell us about?
    Hi Soberpete,

My YBR is 16.000km, I bought it last august for commuting but i feel slightly frustrated outside Shanghai, wanted to have a something a bit more powerful. Never get any problem so far with my YBR except these 2 issues:

-Original tyres were not that good in quality and I encounter some direction problem while braking hard. I bought a pair of Bridgestone (from Japan) and it changed immediately and got a very linear direction during my braking...The Battlax BT 39 130/70-17M/C 62H are my rear, and got the sister for the front...

-Front Braking disc is getting over too fast, usually I have to change them every 3 to 4 months which is a bit annoying.

Except that, I do,n't have any problem at all. As you said, the YBR never disapoint...

Cheers
    Yamaha YBR250 + Benelli BJ600GS

5. #225 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    [QUOTE=tomtom;45487]Did they also change the front fender?

I have no idea yet, will tell you when they will deliver my bike. Should occur around July 20th...

6. #226 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Member 'oldgringo' on chinariders.net (he is an ex-pat American living in Lima, Peru) went to a motorcycle show in Lima and posted photos, including the Benelli/Keeway 600

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...=153688#153688

7. #227 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Congrats

I guess it is possible, maybe not 1 month but 6 weeks seem to be realistic - wish you good luck!
    Hi Tom,

You were right...about the 6 weeks things...Haha or maybe more. My dealer seems not so sure now when the bike will arrive exactly. He told me 2 more weeks but to be honest he is not that confident while saying it so TIC. I prefer to wait and they build it properly. Apparently everybody is rushing on this bike and most of the people want it in White...(like me).
    Anybody experiencing the same problem?

Keep you posted on the change.

Cheers,
    N

8. #228 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolast View Post
    Hi Tom,
    You were right...about the 6 weeks things...Haha or maybe more. My dealer seems not so sure now when the bike will arrive exactly. He told me 2 more weeks but to be honest he is not that confident while saying it so TIC. I prefer to wait and they build it properly. Apparently everybody is rushing on this bike and most of the people want it in White...(like me).
    Anybody experiencing the same problem?
    Keep you posted on the change.
    Cheers, N
    Hi Nicolast,
    Communication policy in China is developable... They even do not number their order confirmation. If one wants info from the factory, they ask for order date, place and name of the dealer instead. Nevertheless, you can try contacting the factory directly, at least they are friendly and helpful.
    I do not believe that the color of the bike influences delivery date. But the vacation period could influence production, particularly if Italian engineers are involved (e.g. in quality control), as August is the vacation month in Italy.

9. #229 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Rode with a group of guys on the weekend (last). Myself and a close friend took a ferry from near Beifeng near Beilun, Ningbo to TaoHua Dao (island) where we spent the weekend. (We travel there frequently, as it is a quieter island compared with ZhouShan Dao and the like. TaoHua Dao has two main beached on opposite sides of the island. One is a major expansive sand beach with all the usual facilities found on the major tourist beaches in PRC. Quad bike, speed boat, jet ski hire and marked swimming area with lifeguards (I won't comment on that having been a former surf lifesaver and qualified lifeguard myself). Anyway it is a place to escape too. The other beach is a fishing village with a pebble beach front, and very quiet by contrast. The island has a range of mountains, which is one of the major draw cards for me. So my friend and I left last Friday taking the first ferry in the morning (7:30) had a great relaxing time. Saturday saw the other guys arrive and we went and met them at the ferry terminal. Low and behold two of them were riding the Benelli BJ600's in white and plated with Ningbo plates. Got to say they look nice in the flesh. Bit cramped looking though, and no place to put anything. During our rides, it became obvious that one of the riders was still getting familiar with his BJ600, as the bike rode him rather than him riding the bike. I saw something similar when I rode with a dozen Harley Davidson riders. Most of the bikes were new, and either the riders had never ridden, or not much or, never something so big. Couple of times, one rider or two almost went off the mountain road while cornering, for fear of leaning into the corner. Kind of like watching a first time pillion new to the motorcycle experience.
    The only other observation on the BJ600 is that the rear mudguard and license plate holder flexes a lot and I do mean a lot when the bikes are ridden. From what I could understand the riders were saying that the rear end subframe or guard, tail-light assemblies might be reworked and replaced.

I got several photos and will upload those later when I take them from my camera.

One last thing is that one of the other guys in the group was looking at possibly opening a motorcycle shop and becoming a Benelli dealer on another island nearby. I'll update that as developments come to hand.

10. #230 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Hi,

Got the update finally about my bike!!! It was supposed to arrive last Friday...Wait all day without news and then week end comes...Mr Yang from Yuyao lu called me yesterday and we are going this morning finally to pick up the bike at the Pudong stock...Then go straight to register it...:-)

Keep you posted.

Cheers,
    N

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3132122232425 ... LastLast