Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 rmr 125 lacking power 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi.

about a month ago i got a 10plate superbyke rmr 125, it runs fine starts piece of piss etc. But for some reason i can only seem to get 50-55 mph out of it, i know there not known for doing over 100 like say a cagiva mito or something but there should do at least 65-70 i mean come on its a 125 ffs, two of my mates have a sinnis apache and a pulse adreanline, and they just leave me and thiers are standard too (the sinnis has the exhaust of a classic mini copper on it) but the pulse is bog standard.

(before i put it on the road i did a mini service replaced filters oil etc)

i thought maybe my air filter has some crap in it so checked that and its fine. Been told i could do with a new chain and sprocket as mines seen better days (think she done a little bit more than the 2700miles it says she done) i have no idea how much of a difference that could make ( this is my first bike newbie much ) was wanting a new pipe for it one of those little yoshimura ones on ebay :D how much difference do they make? ( cant afford atm no job?? (N)

Any suggestions will be brilliant!!

2. #2 Re: rmr 125 lacking power 
    C-Moto Guru
    need more info

is your bike a 2 stroke or 4 ? when your reaching your "top speed" is the engine screaming at nearly top RPM's ?

if its a 4 stroke I dont see much to be done to get more speed , a 2 stroke with a spocket change might drag another 15 mph out of it , but u will lose nearly all the bottom end "grunt"

3. #3 Re: rmr 125 lacking power 
    That bike is powered by 4-stroke Suzuki clone. Search spencer2004 's post for "mods".

4. #4 Re: rmr 125 lacking power 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jay2012 View Post
    hi.

about a month ago i got a 10plate superbyke rmr 125, it runs fine starts piece of piss etc. But for some reason i can only seem to get 50-55 mph out of it, i know there not known for doing over 100 like say a cagiva mito or something but there should do at least 65-70 i mean come on its a 125 ffs, two of my mates have a sinnis apache and a pulse adreanline, and they just leave me and thiers are standard too (the sinnis has the exhaust of a classic mini copper on it) but the pulse is bog standard.

(before i put it on the road i did a mini service replaced filters oil etc)

i thought maybe my air filter has some crap in it so checked that and its fine. Been told i could do with a new chain and sprocket as mines seen better days (think she done a little bit more than the 2700miles it says she done) i have no idea how much of a difference that could make ( this is my first bike newbie much ) was wanting a new pipe for it one of those little yoshimura ones on ebay :D how much difference do they make? ( cant afford atm no job?? (N)

Any suggestions will be brilliant!!
    hi jay dunno if this helps but ive got a rmr 125 aswell and shes got a yoshimura end can (around 35 ish quid for a copy off ebay) new cone air filter upgraded jets and shel do 70-75 with a head wind no problem and sounds pretty awesome doing it too sure its somewhere to start anyway hope this helps

5. #5 Re: rmr 125 lacking power 
    C-Moto Guru
    It could be something to do with the main jet; it could be blocked or you may need a bigger jet. If your carb and jetting is the same as the Pulse Adrenaline you will have a 97.5 jet, a 105 should be fine. You may also have crappy gearing for some reason, you could try a 16 tooth front sprocket and see how that goes.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.