Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. #71 Re: GPS mount 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Motorfans link to the GW250 model(s) release announcement.

GW250-1.jpg

GW250-3.jpg

GW250-2.jpg

2. #72 Re: GPS mount 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Thanks BD.

I've seen a little bit of motorfans discussion about the new crop of GWs. It seems some people are saying that Suzuki has substituted lower quality parts on this new build. Apparently:

1) lower quality tires (not sure, I will check it out today); and,
    2) Black headers/pipes, instead of chromed.

I found that second "concern" quite interesting. It is the kind of comment I hear among the pirates. Personally, I think the black looks much better on these bikes.

The only design "flaws" I have noticed are the fenders - just too big, in my opinion, but everyone always has different opinions about that trade-off between form & function. Technically, the bike is a bit too heavy, but that is not a difficult problem to solve.

3. #73 Re: GPS mount 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    I think the black looks much better on these bikes.
    I agree LJH, Black makes it look more sporty, i guess those "pirates" doesn't know what they're talking about.

4. #74 Re: GPS mount 
    I much prefer chrome headers, but it's not a deal breaker.

5. #75 Re: Suzuki GW250 impressions 
    Aside from the chrome/black headers/pipes, other changes are:

1) Tires. Now Chengshun (CST), but initial reviews are mixed as to whether that is better/worse. I've used CST before, and had no complaints.

2) Mirror stems have changed in appearance.

I am not sure if these changes are unique to China, or have also been made to the export-bikes. I guess we'll find out once people start buying the new batches overseas and reporting.

I picked up one of the first Travel Editions (250S) - I will add comments on the other thread.

6. #76 Re: GPS mount 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I much prefer chrome headers, but it's not a deal breaker.
    It seems a little market is developing between the old/new GW parts. People with chrome bits & pieces who prefer the black are offering to swap. Also, lots of "old" owners have swapped out the stock factory pipes with a new 2-into-1 system (including headers), and are selling their chrome ones for next to nothing.

I'm a little surprised that after-market parts companies haven't jumped on the GW bandwagon. A lot of these bikes have been sold, and once many owners have about 6-12 months of usage, they start looking for goodies to freshen up their bike. There still isn't a whole lot available (I'm talking quality parts), except in Japan, where the GW's (GSR in Japan) aftermarket parts' market is developing rapidly.

7. #77 GW Modifications 
    Some proper mods are being done to the GW250 genre. Much better than the "let's cover the bike with stickers" that is often found in China.

For example, this bike is in Macao ...

modded rear of GW250.jpg

The guy has swapped in a single-sided swing arm, done a tail kit, new wheels/tires, Yoshi slip-on, changed the passenger seat to a clip-on plastic (think Ducati Monster-style) with integrated passenger handles, changed the bars, front forks and put large dual discs up front. Looks good. It allows the natural lines to become more prominent, uncluttered by some massive pieces of "stuff".

Hey Daz ... we're waiting! Whomever gets to market first with these mods, as bolt-on packages, will make a killing.

I wonder how difficult that single-sided swing arm mod is?

Let's label this bike a Suzati ... or a Ducuki.

8. #78 Re: GW Modifications 
    Li Chi GW250 owners unite!

Suzuki/Haojue is organizing a trip from Jiangmen to ChongQing, passing through through Guangdong, Guangxi and Hunan. The total is about 1700 kms, and will be stretched over 6 days, from October 12 - 17, 2013. The CIMA Chongqing motorcycle show runs from October 17-20, 2013. It is hoping for 200 bikes to participate.

2013 GW250 ride.jpg

More details here:

http://www.haojue.com/action/gw250-2013special.jsp

On another note, Dadinhengtang (Beijing), in conjunction with Suzuki China, is offering free oil changes/servicing to GW250 owners at the end of this month. Side note: total GW250 sales in Beijing have apparently reached 600, with an apparently large shipment arriving later this week or, if delayed, after the holiday.

9. #79 GW Owner's Manual 
    Forgot to mention - I have managed to get an ENGLISH owner's manual. Expat owners in Beijing can get a copy from me, OR, you can talk with your dealer (or Suzuki directly) and they will get you one within a week. You have to supply the frame & engine number, and the dealer's name/address - it will be sent to the dealer for you to pick up.

10. #80 Re: GW Modifications 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Some proper mods are being done to the GW250 genre. Much better than the "let's cover the bike with stickers" that is often found in China.

For example, this bike is in Macao ...

modded rear of GW250.jpg

The guy has swapped in a single-sided swing arm, done a tail kit, new wheels/tires, Yoshi slip-on, changed the passenger seat to a clip-on plastic (think Ducati Monster-style) with integrated passenger handles, changed the bars, front forks and put large dual discs up front. Looks good. It allows the natural lines to become more prominent, uncluttered by some massive pieces of "stuff".

Hey Daz ... we're waiting! Whomever gets to market first with these mods, as bolt-on packages, will make a killing.

I wonder how difficult that single-sided swing arm mod is?

Let's label this bike a Suzati ... or a Ducuki.
    The bike looks awesome! Wonder why he didn't do anything to the front fender. Also interested in the swing arm conversion.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast