Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Against the background of chubby 250 cc "Senke" X6, these new 125 cc "Raptors"/"Divisions" look... "anorexic", and, IMO, without any "twist". Although, crankcase cover design leaves no doubt that it is TYAN engine, which is good for them.

Regarding this XL 185 based.... "cross-dresser": I thought that flogging of a dead horse was ended with "Kington Avatar" 125, but no... Poor old XL 185...

Kington_Avatar_125.jpg

In my part of the world, ever since I can remember, driving license for mopeds is required (earlier, from age 14 - PSP, or "certificate of knowledge of traffic regulations", today, from age 16 - AM sub-category driver's license).

Plates are required too; until a few years ago, so-called "municipal" and now "regional" plates, plus mandatory annual technical inspection, plus mandatory insurance. And, since 1989, mandatory helmet.

I know that even today, it's not the same situation in whole Europe concerning 50 cc's, not to mention earlier period and different laws in each country.

"Mopeds" I write conditionally, because the local legislator (ex-Yugo, today's serbian), except for limits related to engine displacement (up to 50 cc) and a maximum speed (up to 50 kmph, currently - 45 kmph), and the condition that this kind of two-wheeler can be single-seater, had no other limits concerning number of gears, type of transmission or engine starting method.

Why are 125 cc motorcycles are popular not only in Poland? I think because those motorcycles, with power up to 11 kW (15 hp), can be ridden in EU only with B category driver's license (passenger cars).

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    So they take the 50cc and bore it out to 80cc?
    And get some... 5, 6 hp? IMO, not worth the effort.

It is "small bore" horizontal: for change money you can buy stock parts and pump up displacement up to 107 cc, or, if you are lucky to find some not so common parts, almost 120 cc. Grab your "Dremel", do some DIY porting, polishing and... "Hello two-digit ponies!"

Quote Originally Posted by beniamin82 View Post
    So now the 150 ccm bore kit will be the most buyed kit...and by the 125ccm is no speed limit so the police will not send you to check the bike. The only problem is that the bore kits have a mark with 150ccm. You must make them unreadable or should order 150 ccm kit with 125ccm mark (it is possible to order such thing in China?)
    You still ride that bike with 250 cc V engine or you or you bought some 125 cc commuter bike?

To tell you the truth, only for an additional 25 cc, without any other modifications, I would not even touch my tool box. I would immediately go to the maximum displacement that this kind of engine can have. Markings? Who cares? It is not a problem which can not elegantly solve machine shop in the neighboring town.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

C-Moto Guru
    I drive the 250 V.
    The fuel consumption is the same as my first senke 125 had.
    I will buy something litle 125 in 2-3 years to drive side forrest roads with my Son. I think about senke again or Dax clone but i am 182cm tall so the Dax clone may be uncofortable.
    A 125 i can lean to a friend with car driver license and we can make a trip with two motorcycles.

Zorge, the regulation with 125ccm and passenger cars driver license is not in all EU countries equal.
    In Germany it does not apply. In Slowakia,Czech, Hungary you can drive only automatic 125 ccm.
    In Austria and belgium this right apply only for residendts.

3. #33 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    I found new affection for the XL185 frame in this use of it by Smart Motors. I also point to the tubular swing arm apposed to models that have a forged aluminum swing arm.

XL185

Lucky Punk

Super Motor partners with YinXiang, after looking closer I think the Lucky Punk is using a XL230 frame?

Romet Z175
    Last edited by MJH; 12-03-2015 at 03:06 PM.

4. #34 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Lexmoto is offering the New Senke Raptor as their Venom 125

1,349.49 GBP = 2,010.63 USD

C-Moto Guru
    No. MJH. lexmoto stolen the Well known Romet design :-). ROTFL...

6. #36 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Lexmoto is also offering a model they call a ZSF it is manufactured by a Jianshe subordinate company by the name of Tianda.

ZSF

R2
    Last edited by MJH; 08-09-2016 at 06:03 PM.

7. #37 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    what if the XL230 was reinvented to look like this...

It could be offered next to this model and share its 20hp engine...
    Last edited by MJH; 12-03-2015 at 03:00 PM.

8. #38 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Unfortunately Honda never offered the XL230 in the US, so this conversion kit has no use here.
    http://gang-store.com/2_2.html

The kit is reasonable
    45,000.00 JPY = 378.231 USD

to make this

to this

this one also has a custom exhaust.

9. #39 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Senke is working on a new offering they call a T-Leopard or SK300, It looks to be another model with the Zongshen ZS177MM-2 engine.

SK300/250

10. #40 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Senke has a Fly By Night distributor in Russia...REGUL

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast