Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Howdy MJH,

TexasAggie here. Sorry to hijack things but I have a buddy looking for a cafe style motorycle here in Nanjing. I have searched around and found some bikes made here but none for sale here as they are all OEM for folks like Cleveland Cycle Works, etc. You seem to have more knowledge as to what is around than those of us here in China do. Thought I would ask if you know of any 250 or at least 150 size cafe style bike manufactured here in China that can be sold here? No need for you to spend a lot of time on this, I just thought I would start with you since you have forgotten more about all things China Motorcycle than I will ever know. Thanks in advance for anything. Keep posting, I do read your posts.

David
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

2. #42 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    there is a variation o the XY400 Shineray sold in cafe style look here in Beijing.
    So maybe that can be found also down in NJ
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #43 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Thanks Shuben!
    DT

4. #44 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Hey there David, Have you tried http://www.newmotor.com.cn/ or you can also contact Churchhill http://www.churchillcustoms.com/
    Here is the Qingqi on Taobao http://world.taobao.com/item/4183325....V7yM2g#detail
    Then there is also the XY 400,
    http://motor.newmotor.com.cn/XY4005515/
    There is no mystery why allot of motorcycles are labeled in a misleading way, it’s to get them registered. I see it all the time on Taobao. I suspect allot of vehicle in China have registrations that are misrepresenting what they actually are.
    I find it all unnerving, the idea bothers me, but it seems to be common practice in China. I suspect if you purchase certain models they come with paperwork that represents them as a commonly registered model? I assume to allow you to register what is a 250cc in an area that may restrict registration to 150cc or less?

5. #45 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Thank you sir. We are living in Nanjing, China and I am often surprised how difficult to find a known bike that is made locally and then register it. It seems the adage of "The impossible can be done in China, but the easy is almost impossible to get done". Every day here proves absolutely nothing is easy.....

Thanks again for the links.
    DT

6. #46 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Senke has updated their X6 SK250/125, they improved the plastic parts, a better fit for the design. It is being offered in the UK under the brand XBLADE.

Last edited by MJH; 10-16-2015 at 01:34 PM.

7. #47 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    OK, different plastics, but how do you know about better fit?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #48 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Small improvement, which is normally what most manufactures do. I am not sure if the actual material they are using is any better, it would be best if it was and also the metal used improved as well, not only in these, but allot of the Chinese bikes use untreated metal, other than spray painted and that metal rusts very fast.
    I would like to see Senke come out of the same type of improved manufacturing process as the Haojiang/Zontes Phantom are, with robotic welding and powdered coated frames…
    Manufacturers are losing their places in the markets, this model lost placement in product lines, so did the Lifeng NAC with no improvements, no evolution in the designs they simply lose their place in the markets.
    Another issue is that the products may evolve, but the marketing literature does not, they are often out of sync. Second generation, Third…they need to cover that down the line to the market, one obvious problem with the fragmented systems they use, selling to all these different enterprises they have no control over the literature.
    A marketing department should have a canister of images of an improved model, they should have a list of vendors and send them images of the new models. With concise details of what was changed and the benefits of the changes. They should always be feeding images to vendors, for the models they offer. They should also use a method to differentiate the changes such as X6-2, X6-3… then offer factory to dealer/vendor incentives to clear out older versions with sales and advertise the next version coming.

9. #49 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Last edited by MJH; 10-17-2015 at 11:58 AM.

10. #50 Re: SENKE 鹤山国机南联摩托车工业有限公司 
    Senke has a new version of its Raptor, it is showing up as a Lexmoto Venom SE 125, the difference is in the frame color and the added a crash bar.

these are retailing in the UK for
    1,449.00 GBP = 2,200.40 USD

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast