Quote Originally Posted by artedesenyo View Post
LJH, if you need any archi & interior design / construction management / on this, will be glad to assist, just let me know. beware the chinese contractor, you pay for wood they install paper.
Thanks for the offer! We were fortunate because our contractor is a guy who has done many MC shops, and will undoubtedly want to maintain his reputation. As for design assistance ... always willing to hear suggestions (Marty has also kindly offered his services). At this point, we are entirely focused on getting the building rebuilt. Originally, it was a bunch of tiny rooms on one level, with a horrible washroom facility. We knocked out all the walls and the ceiling, so it is now an open plan, we've had a loft built, and a NICE washroom! We've also had the building fully rewired, with LOTS of power now available, and new plumbing.

Once the building is "complete" in its new shell format, we're looking for ideas on how to organize things. Right now, though, the place is a real mess with bits & pieces strewn everywhere. Not currently photogenic, at all, but I'll try and get some before/during/after pics up at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
I'd be interested in a membership, so just thought I'd put my hand up. Even though I'm even further away than Jeff, therefore realistically the number of times I'd ride or otherwise be up in and around BJ are likely not often, still it might give me some poetic (riding) license to do a ride up that way sometime soon. Plus it has been ages since I was last up in the big capital city after all. Regards
Thanks Bikerdoc - love to have you around. One impetus to us establishing a riding club was our experiences of having many visitors from elsewhere wanting to come and experience the fantastic riding around Beijing. There were the issues of "how do I get my bike there?"; "can I rent/borrow a bike?"; "where do I go?"; "can I meet some people with local knowledge?"; "what happens if I have a breakdown?"; and so on. It is a lot of fun to introduce new people to the great riding we have around here. But it was rather haphazard before - this might be a bit more organized.

Getting members from other parts of China is certainly an objective of ours. I'll keep you informed of what's happening. By the way, as I mentioned before, we'll have overnight facilities available on-site ... but that is also a work-in-progress.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
Wish this was in Nanjing or I lived near it in Beijing! Do keep us posted on this adventure.
Hey TA - you can establish a satellite place in Nanjing and host 50 of us Jing'rs tramping down. Personally, I think that's a great idea!!

By the way, I prefer freshly-roasted Brazilian coffee beans, medium ground and then French-pressed through 92 degree (celsius) filtered water. Please make sure you have it ready to those specs. I'm not sure what the other 49 guys might want. Don't worry, we'll email all our requirements at least a day in advance.