Quote Originally Posted by futianshenzhen View Post
The accident damage doesn't seem too bad, a bit of epoxy and taobaoing should take care of it.

There are a few other areas of greater concern where some advice would be greatly appreciated...

#1 forks
I think they need some stiffening up. I cant really afford to invest in progressive springs at the moment but it seems that a w15 oil and maybe longer spacers could be the way to go.

#2 ECU
I rode the 250 kms back to Shenzhen and it cut out once, doing 140 just before a corner! Motokai recommended a spark plug change which I will do, but should I change the ECU and are there any other faults with the 2008 model in this area?

#3 Panniers
I really like the tourfella setup that motokai and others have but are there any cheaper options out there?

#4 Tool box
Does anyone know of any manufacturers who can make a tool box as seen in Pfaelzer's thread?

#5 Exhaust
Milton seemed to have a way of modifying the stock exhaust, does anyone know how this affects performance? What other cans are available in China?
Congratulations, Tom, on your new JH. The black is the right color.

Euphonius and I did change the fluid in the front forks to stiffen it up. I just followed the leadership of Mr. E, with the supposedly better performance, which to be honest did not make much difference to me. But Mr. E swears by it. Ask him for details.

As far as the ECU stalling problem goes, the ECU version on Motokai's and mine (2009 I believe) is the one having the most severe symptom. Older version like Mr. E's is not as affected. So you need to make your own judgement on it. Again, check with Mr. E as well.

For the exhaust, I am still having my stock one. When I first got it, it backfired like crazy, which seems to have toned down a bit now. However, nothing can't be solved in this department with a pair of ear plugs. Motokai's Laser ProDuro does offer a lighter weight and purportedly better performance.

Cheers!