Hello folks!

My Name is Ruben, and I am pretty new to Shanghai. But I am eager to buy a motorcycle in the next weeks.
I crawled through a lot of topics, but I couldn't find my issue here, so here I go ;)

I will stay here for one year, and want to experience as much I can in this short time here. Therefore get myself a bike and explore the city and the outskirts on my own.
I already registered for the license transcription (test is in end of May) and everything works fine so far.

Until I saw what a license Plate fur 滬/A costs. I just want to have a <250cc moto, preferably not bigger than 200cc.

I was driving a 150cc Moto in Taiwan for 2 years, which was pretty smooth in terms of licensing, Insurance etc. But it seems it isn't that easy here in China.

Or is it THAT kind of hassle only for bigger machines, like this one?I live at TongJi Campus, so not really in the inner circle. I wouldnt even care that much if I cant go in the city, its just mainly about going on the countryside etc. So would maybe a Hu—B, C, D... ( I dont know how many letters there are for license plates ;)) be sufficient? And better for a students moneybag? ;)

So what would you suggest me to do? I already asked some locals with "bigger" 125 naked-style motorcycles where they got them. Or are those license plates are also just fakes?
I want to stay on the legal way, thats for sure ( I don't even DARE to think what will happen should I , knock on wood, get involved in an accident.)

So I would be glad if you guys could help me :)

Thanks a lot,

Ruben

BTW this was my Bike in Taiwan, miss this little beast a lot :)IPOD 001.jpg