Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Master of Thump
    [QUOTE=culcune;4442]Now that I think I can embed videos, here is another video of the bike in actual competition. Of course, no one knows what, if anything, was done to prep the bike, or if it's really their own bike, and the competition doesn't look extremely intense, maybe on par with how 'snortin nortin' rides on his home track after a few cappacinos, but this is their own company video:

------------------------------------------------------

You bee funny boy Culcune , and I mean that in a funny San Francisco way Culcune ..
    Good video , no quad-tripple jumps , whats this ??? Probably break in half anyway .
    They do seam a bit under powered , or novice riders , like you .
    I do like the sound though of the video you sent me , seams plenty torquey , even for experienced cappacinno riders like me . You know my address , when is my bike getting here ? And where is that Mexican Hooker too ?
    Cappaccino or not Simon , I will school you any day ....

Later bro , when is your Streetfighter Model going to arrive Stateside ???

Snortin Norton

Well well well! If it isn't the Abominable Snorton Man come out from his snow cave! I was wondering if you've turned into an Eskimo by now?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 no no no 
    Master of Thump
    [QUOTE=CrazyCarl;4451]Well well well! If it isn't the Abominable Snorton Man come out from his snow cave! I was wondering if you've turned into an Eskimo by now?
    -------------------------------------------------------------

No no no , no Eskimo , pies here , yet .....It is freekin nasty here though and now were flooding huge time too Carl , Interstate 5 is closed and something like 70 Highways are shut down completely too . Its nasty bad. Was interesting going to work this morning for a couple hours . I took the Mazda RX-7 this morning , bad choice ! Hit a few puddles ( lakes ) that were over the door jamb bottom , but it didn't get in , forward momentum I guess .
    Takin the Ford 4 X 4 tomorrow for sure , supposed to get worse tonight here .
    Just been layin low Crazy Carl , that's all . Our Rottweiler died sometime during the night last night of old age, so its a pitiful sad day around here , and this weather aint helping my funny bone either . But , hey he had a great life and gave us lots of joy, so its all good , life goes on .

Glad to see Culcune back in the mix , even if he is not as big a smart ass as me , nor nearly as creative . Still good to see him get a freekin life finally .
    Can you tell he is even kinda the Old Culcune inspired too now ? Can you imagine the scams going on in that little pee brain of his over these two bikes now ??? Plus he actualy ownes a bike now ( thank you very much ) too ???
    Who'd of thunk it ???

Later Crazy Carl , back to work , Snortin out

4. #4 Asiawing 450 
    Hi Guys!Somebody its rigth to me about the 450cc mx from Asiawing.Its looks like a Honda CRF clone!Like a 2005 model,wich if they do it rigth (I think they did)must be a real cross bike.IT WAS A MATTER OF TIME TO SEE HE THE CHINESE CLOSE THE GAP!Next move the 250 CRF and the video show the bikes as fast a a japanese.Will they would soon copy the 150 CRF?Time will tell,but for now i am happy.Please show more videos of this bikes,regards Motoviva.

ZMC888, when and if you visit the factory, make sure you take pictures and lots of them! I think that if you are giving them free exposure, they must let you ride their bikes, too!

motoviva, I think that there are a few CRF230 clones out there, as well as 150 clones. This 450 bike looks promising, and I wrote to the manager to make a dual-sport version, or perhaps one of the Baja Design kits would work on this bike, if they make one for the Honda. Could be a winner, depending on if the bikes have as much quality as they appear to have.

6. #6 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Senior
    I like the concept of the manufacturer, the niche product a resurrection of a 450cc Honda engine. But that’s not that old of a design the CRF450 is still in production and only came about in 2005?
    So is Asiawing admirable or incorrigible?
    Honda will not and is not addressing it, but they could and they could issue some pretty big warnings if they chose to. If its stolen intellectual property, how far and how deep is that rabbit hole?
    What is the difference between a street vendor selling a bootleg DVD on the street and a distributor selling a product that is a copy that is based on a protected design? That’s assuming that Honda patents all its designs…it is difficult to convince ones self that they do not.

What if you buy the DVD? What if you buy a stolen car and get pulled over….do you still get to keep it?

If marketed and support correctly the product could sell, then what, somebody at Honda notices? Notices that their CRF450X was copied?

CRF450X

LX450
    Last edited by Oengus; 03-16-2010 at 02:37 AM.

7. #7 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    I took the plunge and ordered this bike.
    Went yesterday to the shop to collect it. They changed oil etc. and installed rear lights and handguards.
    It's possible to get real plates on it, but not for foreigner and not in Beijing. So, I will have to take it 300km South to have it photographed and registered...
    Rode it 40km home so cannot comment on the bike yet. It's my first real dirt bike so I guess it will take a while to get used to it, especially the lightness, it's 80kg lighter than KTM 990Adv!
    Weekend is soon here and testing can begin!
    Attached Images

8. #8 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Quote Originally Posted by tare View Post
    Weekend is soon here and testing can begin!

Can't wait to see some photos and your opinion of this bike, I think you're the first one in China to actually own one.

Quote Originally Posted by tare View Post
    It's possible to get real plates on it, but not for foreigner and not in Beijing

Cheers!
    ChinaV

9. #9 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    ooh i'm VERY interested in this thread now! please more!

10. #10 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys, im from argentine, here backfire bxf450r its this asiawing bike, i make the service and tech suport for the company that imports the bike here.
    We are testing the bike for mx purposes and its amazing.
    Here are some pics and videos:

3..jpg2..jpg5..jpg1..jpg4..jpg

I hope you enjoy this like us!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast