Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. #121 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Barnone, can I ask what the little sidecar rig set you back? Their website seems to show that, when you are ready to buy, you can make them an offer? Their starting prices on some are a bit more than some other websites it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Yep, sold my Ural today so I have lots of room in my shop for little bikes. Also ordered one of these monkey sidecar rigs so I will still have a sidecar.
    http://www.saferwholesale.com/110cc-...%20monkeyp.htm

Attachment 15774

2. #122 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    Barnone, can I ask what the little sidecar rig set you back? Their website seems to show that, when you are ready to buy, you can make them an offer? Their starting prices on some are a bit more than some other websites it seems.

110cc 4 Stroke Retro Motor Bike with Cargo Sidecar 1,099.95 1st Color Choice - Army Green 2nd Color Choice - Army Green MSO/Title Processing Fee 24.95 Standard 30 Day parts only warranty 0.00 Standard Ground Freight Shipping *10-15 Business Days 165.00
    E-CHECK DISCOUNT -65.00 Total: $1,224.90

I didn't shop around for a lower price.

Where did you find a lower price? I might want to buy another if the first one works out OK.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #123 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    These guys have these for FREE! :) http://mefastmotors.com/wholesale-sc...nkey-bike.html LOL

These guys also sell TMEC 200 enduros and several other brands of bikes, scooters and other bikes. I always thought they seemed fishy (a few years ago), but they have been around for several years now, and Wade Liu who owns Excalibur says they are on the up and up (he gives me the 'dirt' on the whole Chinabike scene from his perspective). My only 'complaint' is that the site never seems to be updated, so it is difficult to tell if they still carry some of the bikes or not (the site has shown many of the same bikes for a few years!)

http://mefastmotors.com/index.html

4. #124 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    I didn't say I'd found a better price. But, when I was perusing the website you bought from, they flashed messages about, when someone is ready to buy, they can make an offer. I saw they want like $2200 for the PBR model. That sounds high. I don't remember where else I'd seen the 110cc sidecar rig like yours. I don't know what the price was either. I don't think you got a bad price.

And, I saw somewhere on the website that they said it is street legal and it seems to have full turn signal lights and such.

5. #125 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    I wonder if that mefastmotors may be a phantom website. Maybe long out of business, but the old website lives on?

6. #126 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    I wonder if that mefastmotors may be a phantom website. Maybe long out of business, but the old website lives on?
    I believe they are still in business. They are Excalibur's only authorized drop shipper for the TMEC 200. County Imports sells the TMEC as well, and I thought they are a drop shipper, but Wade told me they buy a few units from him outright. You should call them to see about their lineup since I think by the time I get home, they are closed, but you are on Hawaii time.

Not too long ago, while googling to find something or another, their name came up on a website that tracks shipping. I believe you can pay the website to get detailed reports on what shipping containers go to certain companies. My guess is for competitors to keep track of what another company has. I remember they got a container of scooters from somewhere according to what 'tease' info the shipping tracking website gives out, hoping you pay the dollars to get a full report.

7. #127 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    I didn't say I'd found a better price. But, when I was perusing the website you bought from, they flashed messages about, when someone is ready to buy, they can make an offer. I saw they want like $2200 for the PBR model. That sounds high. I don't remember where else I'd seen the 110cc sidecar rig like yours. I don't know what the price was either. I don't think you got a bad price.

And, I saw somewhere on the website that they said it is street legal and it seems to have full turn signal lights and such.
    That website always has a special price on the sidecar rig. Hope it arrives soon as I have a disappointed Monkey that wants a promised ride in a sidecar. I had a hot buyer on my Ural with cash in hand so sold it before I could give the little girl a ride.

I hope it is street legal as I paid for MSO/title processing. It seems that it is always a hassle getting the MSO from these outfits.

The SSR monkey bike is running good but I still trying to get finished with the cleaning up of the logging roads here so not much time for riding.
    No trip meter is not good but it does have a reserve on the petcock. Two plus gallons of fuel is gonna be a good range. My DF only carries two gallons and that is no problems here in the mountains.
    These little bikes get good MPH.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #128 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    These guys have these for FREE! :) http://mefastmotors.com/wholesale-sc...nkey-bike.html LOL
    I should have waited for the free one.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #129 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yeah, a resettable trip meter is a big asset. Neither of our scooters have one. Maybe a small piece of masking tape on the top of the headlight, and a pen to write down mileage at each fill? I do keep track of the gas mileage on our scooters. But they both have gas gauges too, so I keep an eye on it that way.

I'd be interested in riding comfort on the 125 you just bought. I know it's no Gold Wing obviously, but do you feel like a giant on it? How tall are you? And, how does it do on the dirt. Again, I am more interested in just putting around on gravel roads, some fairly rough (as in 4-wheel drive cars suggested), and not wheelies, jumps, and craziness. I went through all that 40-50 years ago.
    I also want to see how you like the new sidecar rig, and to see what speed it might be able to cruise at.

10. #130 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    I'm 5'11' and I definitely feel like a giant on the monkey bike. No surprise as I owned a CT70 clone. I would not buy such a tiny bike if I was looking for comfort. Kinda twitchy with the tiny wheels and again no surprise.

Fine for putting around on gravel roads as was my ex SYM HD200 and every other bike I have ever owned.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast