Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    I thought I wrote a reasonably funny parody, everything is a matter of interpretation. Not really of the actual events, but maybe of the media and internet responses to the incident in general.

2. #42 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I thought I wrote a reasonably funny parody
    Yeah, it was

@bikerdoc - I have viewed a few videos of this group (Hollywood Stuntz), including the infamous 2012 Times Square run. They do, in fact, crash into each other on a regular basis. Also, in one or two of the videos, you can see parked bikes falling over when people try to park next to them, without the sidestand down, etc. Typical large-group ride, where everyone thinks they need to ride close to each other, and why I avoid them. I used to go out on HOG rides, in China, but I experienced too many terrifying close calls with new riders on massive machines. Same with other "cool" group rides.

Now I prefer 1 or 2 other bikes, alongside people I know and trust. If someone in an anonymous group ride pulled a wheelie and zoomed past me in the same lane ... well, I'd go all RR on the guy down the road.

@axa - totally correct - these clowns were shutting down a road, trying to prevent other vehicles from getting on ... just so they could do their "stunts" and thumb their noses at the laws.

=======
    Hey Mom, I'm thirsty!

3. #43 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Undercover detective among "Hollywood Stuntz" riders, some of whom were involved in assault.

Taken from the comments section... Chris-749391

Several things are starting to add up on this case:

1) The biker who started it apparently did so because he had a long-standing hatred of Asian-American drivers, according to his Facebook posts. Despite his lies to the contrary, because the video clearly shows what happened, he will end up being charged with enough driving offenses to cost him his license permanently, false imprisonment (which is how brake checking is charged), and most likely with a hate crime addendum to the false imprisonment which will net him a mandatory prison sentence.

2) The biker who was run over had a knife in his hand trying to slice the SUV tires (while another person on the other side was actively cutting at the SUV tires.) He was driving on a permanently suspended license (which wouldn't even come up for review until 2015) as a habitual offender. He had never possessed a motorcycle license or endorsement. And he has a long felony and misdemeanor rap sheet (14 pages long.) If he survives and keeps his mouth shut, he will likely not be charged if he is permanently paralyzed which is likely. If Gloria Allred raises too much of a stink, he will be charged with false imprisoment, attempted manslaughter, and numerous traffic offenses. He might be charged with a hate crime as well. A reminder to him: All it takes is ONE felony and most states permanently disqualify you from Medicaid, all forms of state-administered welfare, and even Social Security Disability. This would not be a good position for a paralyzed person to be in and could be the worst punishment he will suffer from the incident, causing a slow agonizing death with only free clinic treatment.

3) The driver is well-protected by the NRA's "castle docrtine" which included personal vehicles. Under the castle doctrine the first obligation of the victim of an attack where he fears death or bodily injury to himself or other "castle" occupants, is to FLEE! Exactly what the driver attempted to do. While the SUV can be considered a deadly weapon in this case, it was used precisely in accordance with self-defense laws. The knives, the numbers of people, the criminal records of the bikers all tend to completely support the driver.

4) Numerous of the bikers were armed. All illegally as far as what has come out so far. Sunday pleasure bikers do not generally carry guns.

5) There were as many as five undercover policement (sic) riding with the bikers. And these policement (sic) were so deep undercover that each had a separate handler. (Most undercover policemen are "self-handling.) To put that many policemen in deep undercover on a biker gang pretty much means that they were onto something --- most likely drugs. You simply do not waste five deep undercover cops and five handlers on Sunday bike stunts. You're talking about something on the order of $1 million a month or more. There had to be something pretty big going on there.

6) The cops are slowly indicting the bikers one at a time. This is likely being done so as not to "squeeze out" or identify the undercover cops. It is very likely that every single biker will be facing felony charges of some sort.

7) The biker who filmed it all just confessed that he lied to the cops and said that the battery on his go-cam died just as the beating started. In fact, he admitted that he turned it off to keep from further incriminating his buddies. He will be charged with felony obstruction unless he cooperates.

Interesting stuff.

4. #44 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Interesting stuff.
    Definitely.

I'm obviously really out of touch with the riding scene back home, but it seems that these massive riding mobs have become quite common (judging by the number of youtube videos available). I'd suspect that they attract a certain type of individual. Really, riding around inside a mob of who-knows-who must be kinda scary.

Damn, I'm kinda glad my reckless youth was spent during a quieter and gentler time.

5. #45 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    This should not be considered as one group, it was an event that called in lots of different groups. So they are not all associated or even know each other.

It is possible that some of the subgroups were under investigation and infiltrated by undercover officers.
    It is also possible that some of the subgroups attending had police officers as members and that they were identified in videos? It is possible the undercover claims are nothing more then a dodge of what would be very embarrassing to the NYPD, that being some of the participants in the ride may have been identified as off duty cops. NYPD is very large and within it has motorcycle riders and in those some likely belong to ridding clubs and with those some may have joined in the ride?

If in fact Lien hit a rider prior to Cruz , then its about time to hear a statement from the alleged victim of the initial hit and run. If no rider comes forward then its all more story telling.

Where is the evidence for number 2.…its not in the video is it.
    Edwin Miesse’s best interests would have been to get the heck of there since he did not have a license.
    None of these guys are very bright are they, being without a license and being involved in this not such good combination if staying out of jail is the goal. Getting Cruz off the road and getting out of there would be more logical.

Lien likely has an attorney and maybe a damage control PR person by now. Hopefully for him all the claims of a prior accident before the one with Cruz are not true, if they are true it does change the case substantially. .

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...verybody-down/

6. #46 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    If you are driving on a road going 100mph and no law enforcement officer see you, then you will not be charged for speeding, however if it is on video you could be. Its a crime whether you are caught or not. Not everyone on the Henry Hudson that Sunday afternoon broke a law.

Miese should be charged with ridding without a license, he is on video doing so.

This case is very big and all the video has to be gone through, but one problem in our legal system is plea bargaining, if you are identified breaking the law then you can bargain your charges down if you offer evidence to implicate others.

All those bikes being ridden without plates are all breaking the law, lane sharing is illegal too, single file only, some speeding, some reckless operation…
    Theoretically there are a set of vehicles and within it a set that is breaking laws.

If you see a high degree of laws being broken, what should you do, join in? Nope you should get away, the question is and will remain, did Lien join in and with a 6000lb SUV?

Any statements made to law enforcement have to be actual and factual, if not then that is a crime. However what can be said in the media is not and what is written in comments anonymously not either. Those can be self serving biased and even straight up lies. The trick is to know the difference.

The hard part is to know the law and then to also be able to contemplate the laws in a moment in time, most are inept at that. What you think you would do without knowledge and understanding of the law is about what ignorant people think and then do.

7. #47 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Not good for bike riders in general but it did happen in New York wear you can expect the unexpected 9/11 !
    Not enough time has passed to joke about 9/11, shame dude

8. #48 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX125 View Post
    Not enough time has passed to joke about 9/11, shame dude

NO joke DUDE just stating a fact DUDE and surely never enough time will pass DUDE for someone to joke about 9/11 DUDE

Have you got my point now DUDE !!!!
    Last edited by prince666; 10-09-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #49 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    [COLOR=#ffffff]So if a driver hits you and drives off you cannot chase them down and drag them out of their car and beat them, no kidding, because then the victim becomes the criminal.

I still think that the driver of the SUV and his wife should be charged with hit and run.

I love how they say accidentally hit the motorcycle, they seem to discount that they kept going.

I personally would have beaten the shit out of his ass. Call me uncivilized. When I first arrived in China, I went to a job interview and the taxi driver had pulled the ole' switcheroo on my money and gave me a fake bill. The guy who interviewed me is the Principal of a huge international school in Guangzhou and told me it was completely acceptable to jerk him out of the car and beat him. I love China! This prick ran over people and bikes. He deserved to get beaten and he deserves the punishment, along with those bikers. I struggled to refrain once from beating a driver who came within an inch of clipping my handlebars from behind, passing me while I was overtaking another vehicle. He then nearly hit another truck head on he was going so fast and literally went up on two wheels from braking so hard, before continuing to barrel down the road in the same manner. Probably drunk at 7AM. He eventually turned in to a government building...

10. #50 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Has anyone seen anything about this situation in the Chinese media? I've seen nothing.

BTW, I read that one of the undercover NYC policemen was charged today - apparently he was beating on the vehicle.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast