Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Motor bike license in GuangDong 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Primarily, the most important things that are usually wanted/needed is the PSB registration to prove residence. A valid passport with visa, yes a Z (employment/ temporary residence visa) though the PSB officialdom aren't usually so interested where you are working so long as you can tick the other boxes: they just need to sight the visa, record the number etc. A valid D/L with translation from an approved provider, or else a completed driving school course (which the school would organise the testing etc). You'll have to complete other requirements e.g. some passport sized photos, though they usually provide those at a cost in a place nearby, basic medical examination, etc.

So the suggestion to go to some other jurisdiction temporarily where DL for foreigners particularly with M/C endorsement, can be acquired is valid and others have done this. For example, fly to SH for a week or two, do a deal with local landlord, to get a rental contract even if it's BS... then get yourself the D/L. There are ways to deal with this without having to spend 10K. Once you have the license in the other jurisdiction, you are good to go. Valid in the whole of PRC and some international countries too.

2. #12 Re: Motor bike license in GuangDong 
    Bikerdoc,

many thanks for your very clear and informative input. I have to got o HuiZhou city Monday, I will take a detour and ask the question directly and the Traffic department again. If I get a definitive no I need to look at other options. What a crazy place we live in !
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12