Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
I'm pretty jealous, you live in a glorious part of the Country and have the perfect mod of transportation. ENJOY!!!
I do feel lucky to live here. The RX-3 is such a good bike for this area. There are more dirt roads and Forest Service trails than there are paved roads.

I'm very impressed so far with the RX-3. I bought it specifically to replace my old Yamaha XT225 (WHich I had kitted out with Happy Trails aluminum panniers and trunk). On paper, the RX-3 barely out-specs the Yamaha in power-to-weight ratio, but seat of the pants, there is no comparison. The RX-3 has no trouble moving much more quickly at the high altitudes and steep and/or long grades in my neck of the woods. The Yamaha was a better trail bike though.

Quality-wise, I have nothing to complain about (yet?) on the RX-3. It seems well made. Some might be quick to point out less than top shelf components, but they're all functional, if not stellar.

Only time will tell, but for $3495 I feel like this bike is an extremely good deal.

Cheers,

Dan K.