Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Thats a pretty cool looking scoot. I was thinking about buying an ebike for runs to the town and into Ningbo, which from Xiepu is around 55km round trip...so something like that would be ideal..hmm off to search the web for them now haha
With the configuration I ordered (144 volts and 3000 watt hub etc) cost was 10000CNY delivered. Prices range from about 6600 (standard & no batteries) up to about 26000CNY.

A couple of points to note in regards to your intended ride or route. Range can be impacted by throttle use (WOT decreases range), mode selection (warp mode decreases range, economy mode maximises it), hilly terrain naturally impacts range too. If you're planning to ride from Xiepu-Ningbo taking the main highways then you should find the scoot plenty adequate. Keeping in mind that the range I achieved was riding an indirect route via hills and mountain terrain consequently putting more load and demand on the batteries.

Another point I'd make is while Beilun may have suspended issuing license plates for electric bikes and scooters this may not be the case elsewhere. Technically this scooter configuration doesn't comply with the law's and regulations in Ningbo which restrict and enforce maximum electric hub outputs to something like 200-500 watts or similar. Riding this type of powerful scooter configuration in inner Ningbo city could attract attention from overzealous authorities of one kind or another. Keep in mind that this scooter is larger than any regular electric scooter usually seen so riding it Haishu district -it will stand out.
If you were to be stopped by Traffic PSB you could be told that the scoot cannot be ridden in the area and asked to leave or the scoot could be confiscated. Maybe nothing would happen other than "how much" "where from" "what brand" etc. I rode to METRO supermarket which I ride to on my motorcycles anyway (there and Wanda Yinzhou too) I don't go into inner Ningbo.

If you're interested in the scoot, PM me.