Quote Originally Posted by 1288711 View Post
Hey ZMC888 & Prince666, thanks for your help,

Or at least addressing the issue.
Yep that's the same Indonesian guy i was talking about. I'm looking into the higher performance cooling liquid now, as well as 'cold' spark plugs.

This is a learning experience for me, but i do intend to get it up and running, so i'll post my experiences back on this thread.
Perhaps it can be of help to others later, or maybe we can get a few of these bikes back on the road.

I intend to work with my local mechanic here in Beijing, and perhaps Blackbridge. I'll fill you guys in if you're interested and even if you're not i'll still post to this thread.
Given the amount of BJ600s around I would say any decent Chinese mechanics are aware of the problems and some potential fixes for your machine. Trick is finding a good mechanic most cities have one or two, the rest are invariably total muppets. Look for a shop surrounded by bigger bikes with one owner/mechanic and a few big imported bikes around. Also check his tool collection, if it's small then avoid. Also avoid the mechanics tied into dealerships, most are fairly hopeless.