Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    Shineray, can you tell us who is the US distributor of the X2 and other Shineray models? Also, will you be at the Indianapolis show this year?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #42 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    We won't attend the motorcycle show this year. Hope to get there next year. I'm finalizing one dealer for this model. I am here . I will let you guys know about.
    Ken was right. Midwest is the distributor in north america. Thanks for the answer.

Jason

3. #43 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineray View Post
    I should have been accompany with you if I know you earlier..... and I can let you test a lots of bikes.
    Next time i'm around i let you know in time! Would be keen on one of the black teamjackets - how muh are they?

4. #44 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineray View Post
    In China. Sorry I'm blind for this market.
    But you posted on ADV Rider that "someone" had registered the bike in China. Could you please explain if this bike can be legally registered in China, or maybe ask someone at Shineray what the story is? Is Shineray still in trouble for selling the larger version of the GY7 even though they only had the 150cc version approved for sale here? How long must we wait for the truth about the X2?

Thanks for you input, really want to buy one!

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #45 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    C-Moto Guru
    Any confirmed info on legal registration ?
    If I read the last post from ChinaV, I understand its not possible to get the X2X in street trim (lights, horn, turn signal...) registered.
    Just seen it at the dealer today and its a beauty, beats the crowd for years! The dealer says, its no problem as long as it is in street
    trim version and he will arange for it. He just registered one for a for a new owner in Dali.

Where could be the hooks if he arranges for everything?

6. #46 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    Quote Originally Posted by andre555 View Post
    Where could be the hooks if he arranges for everything?
    Three kinds of motorcycle registrations.

#1 Official - Means the bike has been certified for sale in China and has ccc approval. Any motor vehicle registry in China will have this bike in their system. A good example would be the locally made QingQi QM200 or the officially imported BMW's and Harley's.

#2 Semi-Official - The bike does not exist in the national registry, somehow, "guanxi" is used to acquire the registration. The documents all appear legit, but an accident could lead to further investigation and bigger problems.

#3 Un-Official - Completely fake documents brought to you by the same people that make licenses and college diplomas. Again, they look legit, but they can land you in a heap of trouble if you have an incident on the road.

There are variations on these, including certain factories selling officially approved vehicles and then swapping in larger engines, and in some cases people taking an approved bike registration and changing the vin numbers on another bike.

The last bike I registered here in Guangdong was checked from top to bottom including weight, seat height, wheelbase etc. They even required the handguards to be removed as they are not stock from the factory. The dude at the registry said any modification to a motor vehicle in China is against the law.

I am not saying the Shineray can't be registered legally, I'm just puzzled as to why it does not show up in the registry here and why certain members of MCM that have access to the factory can not give a simple explanation. If your friend does get the bike, and can show us the official documents with ccc certification, I will be happy to shut up and go buy one

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #47 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    C-Moto Guru
    After the holidays I will check the new showroom bike at the dealer, in the papers should be a CCC otherwise I will not touch it.
    The one they showed us was for a customer in Dali, so they just opened the crate so we could see it was 'real' kind of odd, but they tried. This crated bike was around 1h drive away from the shop in their warehouse. There was thousends of boxes of Shinerays, all kind of...but only one of the X2.
    The head of the Yunnan dealership took us their.

I found a test in a german magazine for the ones who can understand: http://www.actionbikes.de/actionbike...ROXY250GY2.pdf

For the others, they tested a verion that is limited to 12kW only. The summary is: 不错 (bù cuò)

8. #48 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    C-Moto Guru
    and something more from New Zealand:

"...All running gear ie. Rims, hubs, wheel bearings, Axles, suspension, rear sprocket etc are interchangable with KTM. It even utilises the 3 prong KTM air filter.
    Engine Parts are are interchangable with the Honda NX 250...."

http://www.shineray.co.nz/product_in...products_id=28

9. #49 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    C-Moto Guru
    Been there today again and checked it out. They have the enduro version in the shop available.
    I had a short trail outside of the shop, for me the hight is suitable (1.98 tall) my friend at 1.75 said no way.
    With the adjustable front end and back spring it will go down a bit more, maybe 20mm. Also if you go for the Supermoto, the seat hight is lower, another 38mm, due to the smaller rims.
    That should work.

They showed us all papers and a faxed CCC. The number is 2008011102304235, It names the type XY250GY-2 and thes Standard CNCA-02C-024:2001/A1
    I've checked CQC homepage but you need to be registered for checking issued certificates.

@ChinaV: can you look that up in the mentioned database?

If you can confirm the CCC, I will go for it.

10. #50 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    Quote Originally Posted by andre555 View Post
    Been there today again and checked it out. They have the enduro version in the shop available.
    I had a short trail outside of the shop, for me the hight is suitable (1.98 tall) my friend at 1.75 said no way.
    With the adjustable front end and back spring it will go down a bit more, maybe 20mm. Also if you go for the Supermoto, the seat hight is lower, another 38mm, due to the smaller rims.
    That should work.

They showed us all papers and a faxed CCC. The number is 2008011102304235, It names the type XY250GY-2 and thes Standard CNCA-02C-024:2001/A1
    I've checked CQC homepage but you need to be registered for checking issued certificates.

@ChinaV: can you look that up in the mentioned database?

If you can confirm the CCC, I will go for it.
    how about pricing?

considering for a the 250 enduro version and register here in beijing ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast