Quote Originally Posted by Chinggis101 View Post
Franki

Yes, I did go down on Saturday morning and yes there was nobody there. Although there was a security guard at the gate of the factory, if it was the Jialing factory, there didn't seem to be any other activitiy. There were a lot of bikes parked in a parking lot next to the gate, but I think they were probably workers' bikes. I never spoke to anyone before going, I was trying to find the dealership :biggrin: that I couldn't find.:biggrin:

I haven't spoken to Mr. Wu but I have been given a name by two different people. One of the names is for a woman, unfortunately I've left the information at school so I can't tell you who she is. I'll post tomorrow. If I don't have any success I'll definitely get back to you. I appreciate all the help you've offered so far. I'm finding my way at the moment and trying to do it the way I would if I was back home, I guess that's what happens when you're new in a country.

On the technical side, I was trying to compare the power output of the JH600 with a Honda XL650 but the Honda website I've looked at will only give me a compression ratio. You don't happen to know the compression ration of the JH600 do you?

I found the Honda UK site which shows the following specs for the FMX650:
Max. Power Output 37 bhp at 5,750 rpm
Max. Torque 52.3 Nm at 4,500 rpm

As this is a bigger bike than the JH600 the specs compare favourably, especially the torque. The Honda is about £4000 which is about double the Jialing. The JH sounds like a great deal to me!
When are you going for a test ride? I have already told Jialing that a Lao Wai will come to check out both versions. Mr. Li is expecting you.:thumbup: