Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #21 Re: Rapeseed Blossom 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    Hi Milton,

....... The issue with the wire worries me a bit, especially because I am planning a little easter-ride soon. Can you post or send a picture of the broken cable so that the JH600 guys can try to trace it once someone get's into a similar situation?
    AW.
    I will take a picture later of that mess of wire and show where the bad wire came from (off the ignition assembly) in my case. I believe this bad situation of wiring may be a common problem, as Motokai also had a bad one which made his bike not able to start depending on the orientation of the handle bar.
    Before the picture is ready, i'd describe the symptom. Typically, the turn signals would flash once to indicate the successful initial dignosis when the ignition key is first inserted and turned. Should it fail the diagnosis the signal lights would continue to flash with a dignostic message displayed on the instrument panel. However, if it failed to pass the anti-theft check, namely the key didn't match the ID programmed into the ECU, the lights would continue to flash but without the error message. Obviously the anti-theft check would not succeed if one had a bad wire.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by milton; 04-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.