Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
Dear SoberPete,

I'll be in Shanghai in the latter half of next week, into the weekend and beyond, and will do whatever I can to be available during your visit. Your wife should be nominated for Excellent Motorcyclist Spouse of the Year -- she agrees to a belated honeymoon on the back of your YBR250, and then agrees to take the bus home while you continue the honeymoon solo to meet the boyz (and girlz) in Shanghai!!

cheers!
I'm cancelling for the second time in a row so better hold off on the nomination.
I can't do this trip until I have a wingman that's going to accompany for the whole ride and back: Zibo - SH -Zibo.
I'm ready to do it alone but my wife can't relax unless there is someone with me the whole way. She was fine with the whole idea until she found out that I was planning the whole trip solo then she began to panic and consequently throw up the stop signs.
At first I was frustrated and told her I was going anyway but after she realised how determined I was she made some threats stating serious consequences. Instead of getting angrier I saw it from her point of view. It would be so much better and safer with a riding buddy on their own bike. If ZMC is around during the october holiday then I'll try talking him into it. If not then I'll think of something. The weather shuld be cooler and dryer around then.

The honeymoon will proceed first thing on Tuesday morning and I'll take the lovely lady back home to Mengyin on Wednesday.

I'm still on for this ride, No matter what delays me I'm still going. I'll keep you guys updated!